Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Bill Sweatt talk

Apparently Sweatt's goal was a beauty too

In stride, there aren’t many players at any level that can catch Bill Sweatt. Which was unfortunate for the Rampage as Marco Rosa dished Sweatt the puck with a full head of steam as he charged through the neutral zone. Sweatt strode past two San Antonio defencemen before lifting a backhanded shot by Climie’s glove hand for Manitoba’s second goal of the game at 8:14 of the second period.

Great tic-tac-toe goal scored by Sweatt last night. (Dec 27th.)

http://www.moosehockey.com/gameday

Around the 3:35 mark of the game highlight video.

In case Moose fans didn't get enough over the holidays, the Moose line of Bill Sweatt, Marco Rosa, and Victor Oreskovich gifted the prettiest tic-tac-toe (plus two passes) Moose fans may have ever seen with 1:41 left to play in the game. Sweatt finished off the three-on-two passing play that left goalie Jake Allen and his two defencemen wondering what had happened.

what are his chance that he could be regular next year? Any chance he would come up and play in the top 6 since Raymond is still cold?

I honestly thought he had the best chance of getting a call-up before Hodgson because of the way he was playing.

It made sense that Hodgson got called up though because we needed a centreman. My guess is that if a winger gets injured, or if Tambellini can't get it going that Sweatt would be called up next.

He's really got all the tools you want. He's lightning fast, he can make plays, he's not afraid to mix it up, and best of all he can kill penalties. People forget too that this guy is 22 years old. Physically he's more mature than either Hodgson or Schroeder.

I would disagree, as I think Shirokov still gets the nod before sweatt. There would need to be 2 top 6 injuries before sweatt gets the nod, unless they decide to share the love. if it's a bottom 6, I see someone else getting a chance.