315 replies to this topic

#1 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

Has been fantastic the whole Prospects camp. I'm looking forward to seeing him at the Main Camp. Putting on a show today against Calgary.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#2 bctim

bctim

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

From what I've seen and heard he should challenge Weiman for the starting spot on the Moose.

#3 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,562 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:45 PM

Calder cup quality goaltending for Manitoba again this year.

#4 Cham_187

Cham_187

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

EDDIE!!
Posted Image

#5 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:19 PM

Funny seeing the team mob him after a 5-4 win. But he was terrific. He towers over his teammates.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#6 CascadianCanuck

CascadianCanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

Funny seeing the team mob him after a 5-4 win. But he was terrific. He towers over his teammates.

No joke, he makes Schroeder look like a bantam! And he was pretty impressive even if it was a 5-4 game,

#7 AOvechkin8

AOvechkin8

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

He looked really good today, 45 saves. Gunna be a good tandem on the moose this year.

#8 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,505 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

To be honest I honestly think he's a better goalie than Schneider. Hopefully Schneider plays like he should with us this year, rather than how he played last year because last year he definitely didn't reach his potential.

Posted Image

#9 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

To be honest I honestly think he's a better goalie than Schneider. Hopefully Schneider plays like he should with us this year, rather than how he played last year because last year he definitely didn't reach his potential.

I really don't think the comparison can be made to Schneider just yet. Lack has been impressive, and I think he'll battle Weiman for the starting job on the Moose, but don't forget that Schneider was the AHL goalie of the year not too long ago. Lack has played four games in a prospects tournament, and he hasn't played a single game in the A yet. I'm not saying he won't be good, I'm just saying he has to play more than 4 games to prove himself.

abl8vt.jpg

#10 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

Don't underrate Schneider. He is a very good goaltender. Eddie has a bright future and should steal the starter role in Manitoba this year...

#11 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

Lack is a beast!! He might just overtake Weiman
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#12 Laberta Wolongo

Laberta Wolongo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

My magic 8ball told me Gillis would trade Schneider this year and have Lack take over the back up position on the nucksPosted Image
Posted Image

#13 bluesy_shoes

bluesy_shoes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:17 PM

Eddie Lack and Cory Schneider both hit RFA at the same time (after two more seasons.) Decisions, decisions!

Edit: 2 more seasons = RFA in summer of 2012.

Edited by bluesy_shoes, 16 September 2010 - 07:18 PM.

Posted Image

bluesy_shoes

#14 Patchey

Patchey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

When did we acquire Lack? He was damn good today.
Posted Image

#15 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,968 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

When did we acquire Lack? He was damn good today.

Around April, I think.

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#16 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 26,662 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

This is a prospects tournament, I'll reserve final judgement until he plays against AHL/NHL calibre players.
Posted Image

#17 MrTubesteak

MrTubesteak

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

Lack was really good in the 2.5 games he played in Penticton. I think we now have some solid depth in net in the organization.

#18 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:32 PM

I think we now have some solid depth at every position in the organization.

#19 MickEMoose

MickEMoose

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

seems like he reached his potential to me....

Edited by MickEMoose, 17 September 2010 - 04:09 PM.

Alex Burrows is a punching bag.

#20 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:14 AM

Incredible how, despite having few picks in this year's draft, Gillis has a plethora of prospects to work with through FA signings. I noted where they likely would have gone in the draft, given what they had shown so far, if teams had a crystal ball.

Lack - Showing great potential. Back-up to Markstrom in the SEL. I would be surprised if he wasn't, at the very least, a top AHL goal/average NHL starter at the peak of his career. Draft equivalent - 2nd round/3rd round pick

Chris Tanev - Great on both ends of the rink, poised. I am excited to see how he does this season. Draft equivalent - 2nd round pick

Billy Sweatt - Speedy, defensive winger. Second round pick.

Aaron Volpatti - I would use the term prospect loosely with the 24 year old bruiser. Volpatti could see some games as a 4th liner this season. Draft equivalent - 5th round pick.

Evan Oberg - A solid defensive prospect. Poised with decent offensive potential. Might not have enough at either end to be an NHL regular. Draft equivalent - 4th round pick.
Sig too big.

#21 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

^^ might as well add Oreskovich. He was basically a freebee, too.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#22 Mayday525

Mayday525

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

I'm excited to see what numbers Lack posts in the A. I think he'll be pretty close to Schneider. A year in the A will do wonders for Lack.

#23 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

Eddie Lack looks incredible tonight ...  He's really been frustrating the Flames ...

#24 22sedins33

22sedins33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

Officially makes the score sheet :P
On a more serious note, though, I watched him during the prospect games and I thought he did well but still kind of wrote it off to the weaker players he was up against. Tonight he has remained absolutely incredible. One goal scored on him that I don't think anyone would've saved. Great job...
The day has only just begun and already your mind has snapped like a dry and brittle twig...

#25 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,562 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:44 PM

Calder cup winning goaltending right there.

#26 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:00 AM

I think trade deadline, bye bye Schneider (once his value is up), hello Lack.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#27 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,562 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:52 AM

I think trade deadline, bye bye Schneider (once his value is up), hello Lack.

probably not until next year or during the draft, unless Schneider's value is WAY up (like a stupid crazy deal comes along).

#28 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,116 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

The better Lack plays, the better overall for the Canucks.

If Cory shines as a backup to Luongo, and Eddie rips it up in the AHL it means...

- Better trade bait if we want to move Cory.

- If Lu goes down with an injury we have two solid backups.

Depth. One of the key ingredients to a winning hockey club.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#29 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:48 AM

I like what I have seen thus far from Lack, albeit not a large body of work but there is potential. Nice if he is starter in Manitoba this season.
Posted Image

#30 bluesy_shoes

bluesy_shoes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

probably not until next year or during the draft, unless Schneider's value is WAY up (like a stupid crazy deal comes along).

Yea, no way we head into the playoffs this year with an inexperienced backup (Lack). I could see us trading Schneider in two years when he is an RFA, unless Lack is ready and there is a player Gillis wants at the draft. If we trade Schneider and resign Lack in 2 years when they are both RFA's, we will probably be able to re-sign Lack for less and for longer.

Posted Image

bluesy_shoes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.