The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack Talk

Donky

To be honest I honestly think he's a better goalie than Schneider. Hopefully Schneider plays like he should with us this year, rather than how he played last year because last year he definitely didn't reach his potential.

Incredible how, despite having few picks in this year's draft, Gillis has a plethora of prospects to work with through FA signings. I noted where they likely would have gone in the draft, given what they had shown so far, if teams had a crystal ball.

Lack - Showing great potential. Back-up to Markstrom in the SEL. I would be surprised if he wasn't, at the very least, a top AHL goal/average NHL starter at the peak of his career. Draft equivalent - 2nd round/3rd round pick

Chris Tanev - Great on both ends of the rink, poised. I am excited to see how he does this season. Draft equivalent - 2nd round pick

Billy Sweatt - Speedy, defensive winger. Second round pick.

Aaron Volpatti - I would use the term prospect loosely with the 24 year old bruiser. Volpatti could see some games as a 4th liner this season. Draft equivalent - 5th round pick.

Evan Oberg - A solid defensive prospect. Poised with decent offensive potential. Might not have enough at either end to be an NHL regular. Draft equivalent - 4th round pick.

Archived