The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boardwalk Empire

Raoul Duke

Martin Scorcese is executive producer and directed the first episode - looks to be a great prohibition period piece. If the rest of the episodes are as good as the first then it should be great and according to reports the next 6 episodes are even better as they ratchet up the action.

I loved the opening credits with all the Canadian rye whisky bottles floating on the water and washing ashore at the feet of Steve Buscemi who plays the lead role - fictional Nucky Thompson who deals with all the up and coming gangsters. It is set in Atlantic City, 1920 at the dawn of Prohibition when the Volstead Act (National Prohibition Act) kick started the creation modern organized crime.

Here is the HBO Canada website:

http://www.hbocanada.com/boardwalkempire/index.php

Just watched the pilot and I'm psyched for the next episode.

I don't see how it could possibly fail. Buschemi and Scorsese are among the best at their crafts, and there are a ton of quality character actors on the roster. I'm sure this will be another epic hit for HBO.

It reminds me of Deadwood, since it is fictional, but involves some real people and real historical situations. Hopefully it will be given the chance to run it's full course instead of being cut short like Deadwood was.... fingers crossed that there isn't another writers strike.

Archived