Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

octavarium93

Canucks goal song update

251 posts in this topic

I've already made a suggestion for some Queen a few pages ago, and while I would be quite happy if Electric Worry stuck around, how about some local talent?

Could be good for an opener or a goal song, with the last few choruses. I would be happiest with a new opening song at any rate.

Do You Rememer Rock N Roll Radio? by the Ramones

i love our current goal song perhaps a new entrance pump up song but honestly like our logo can we just run with one goal song for a bit instead of changing so much

i love our current goal song perhaps a new entrance pump up song but honestly like our logo can we just run with one goal song for a bit instead of changing so much

Why do we need to change it? It wouldn't be my #1 choice, but it's unique to the Canucks and we can at least claim it as our own.

Why do we need to change it? It wouldn't be my #1 choice, but it's unique to the Canucks and we can at least claim it as our own.

When I think of the best season in franchise history, the goal song that goes with it is Greenday's "Holiday".

When Burrows scored the OT goal in game 7 against Chicago? Green Day. When Bieksa hit that flukey goal to end the San Jose series and send us to the Stanley Cup Final? Green Day.

That's just how it is, good vibes.

i say we go with something new and hip

hey just a quick question, how is the game entertainment staff handling the limited time for this year season? like usually they have a few months to come up with an intro video and the whole 9 yards in terms of a show before the canucks take the ice. But what about this year? theres really only 10 days until the home opener until anaheim, DJ Dave can you answer this?

hey just a quick question, how is the game entertainment staff handling the limited time for this year season? like usually they have a few months to come up with an intro video and the whole 9 yards in terms of a show before the canucks take the ice. But what about this year? theres really only 10 days until the home opener until anaheim, DJ Dave can you answer this?

Good question. in fact, the hard working game ops staff, as well as many others have already been working on the open. I've been down to the Rog a few times to go over stuff, and we've been working behind the scenes, in anticipation of the delayed opening night.

not to say it will be as perfect as if everything was on time, but we're ready.

See you soon!

DJD

Dave,

this is an idea for the goal song I came up with a little over a year ago. It's TCB by Canadian Band DOA. It has a great feel and I think it captures the excitement of a goal (obviously along with the applicable lyrics 'Takin' Care of Business').

Someone else who liked my idea synced it to video, and I think it sounds great. I'd love to get your input!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkK-Iv8Rt0c

Good question. in fact, the hard working game ops staff, as well as many others have already been working on the open. I've been down to the Rog a few times to go over stuff, and we've been working behind the scenes, in anticipation of the delayed opening night.

See you soon!

DJD

I didn't and though unique for sure I'm not a big fan of the current one.

Bro Hymn by Pennywise. End of discussion.

Dave,

this is an idea for the goal song I came up with a little over a year ago. It's TCB by Canadian Band DOA. It has a great feel and I think it captures the excitement of a goal (obviously along with the applicable lyrics 'Takin' Care of Business').

Someone else who liked my idea synced it to video, and I think it sounds great. I'd love to get your input!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkK-Iv8Rt0c

See you soon!

DJD

I think we should skate out to some more intimidating music. U2 has been played to death, we need something fresh.