The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks goal song update

octavarium93

I do strongly support the Electric Worry goal song, however this one would really piss the other guys off, and would definitely bring the crowd into the game. Even though I know you guys will shut down this song as you have every other song, listen from 0:56 to 1:26. 30 seconds of greatness, with good follow through.

Not agreed. I think it's safe to say the reason for all the goal song threads is the immense lack of support for Green Day.

It's a good tune, and does fit as a goal song, but it has had it's run, and that run is over...move over Green Day, welcome ?????????

(personal choice is Clutch - Electric Worry, but DJ Dave'll have the final say of course).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest AriGold

I would like to thank the OP for the goal song suggestion and making it happen. I love Clutch and that song ! <BR><BR>Edit : Weird but 1 year to the date for this thread.

I'm sorry to burst the OP's bubble but I was the first one to propose it. As you see in the date in the message which is July 2010. I also posted it in another thread previously also.

Here's the evidence I posted in the other thread

I proposed it to him last year in a PM and he said he'd cut it down and see what he could do!

Here's the video I made and sent him a year ago which I made sinc'd with the song :)

Here's the pm message too!! Proves that DJ Dave listens to you guys!

So you're probably enjoying your vacation or you're getting ready for the season so I have a suggestion...

I bet you've heard so many before and most of them are probably garbage or don't have enough "Mmmph", What I have to propose to you is a song that's alive, full of energy, etc...

The song I chose will get the crowd in it, just like "Chelsea Dagger" does it for Chicago. We lack a song like that and we need something of our own. Lots of fans aren't fond of the idea of using someone elses goal song such as "Gary Slither" or "Crowd Chant" and a whole bunch hated the goal song for this year ("Holiday" by Green Day). I especially hated it... No offense :P

Basically the song I have chosen has been agreed by many as a perfect goal song...

Its called "Electric Worry" by Clutch.

As I stated above this song is perfect there's one point in the lyrics where the lead singer says "Bang Bang Bang BANG".

Just imagine a crowd of 18,630 screaming "Bang Bang Bang BANG". How bone chilling would that be to the other team.

We need something just like Chelsea Dagger. We've got an elite team and now we need an amazing goal song to match with that.

I provided a sample I made on youtube of the song as our goal song, hopefully you enjoy it(sorry its so loud its supposed to give an idea)

Here's the full song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6FV2qR2TY

Also I have the song as an MP3 file if you're interested. Please think about it!!!

***Cheers DJ Dave***

• 10 months later...

I have been pushing for this song to be the goal song for some time. I wish this Dave fella would give it a spin just once or twice to see how the crowd reacts.from 1:15 - 1:50

We've tried it. the tempo is wrong, and it doesn't lend itself to crowd participation. it is, however, a great arena hockey song, that I play ofter.

signed,

This Dave Fella

It's too bad DJ Dave is one of the crappier DJs in the NHL. Nothing but the same crap every game. Ob La Di Ob La Da, Cotton Eyed Joe, blah blah blah. I'm not one of those idiots who thinks he should play all of my favourite songs, but the atmosphere at Rogers Arena could be so much better. Never anything to pump up the mood, unless it's Welcome to the Jungle or Raise a Little Hell, otherwise it's like he just uses a random Winamp playlist.

I mean just look at the guy: dj_dave_podcast_tf.jpg

Do you think he's paying usually attention to the game? Or daydreaming about all the burgers he's gonna eat down at the Red Onion afterwards?

The Giants DJ kicks his ass by far, for a local example.

You know, I wish the Onion was open that late - but it isn't. AND - they've changed owners, and quite frankly it isn't what it used to be. I love your insult. However, it's woefully out-dated, as the last time Cotton-Eye Joe or Obla-Di was played inside Rogers Arena was during the Men's Olympic Hockey tournament.

I love the humor, but still would rather get viable goal song options. Please keep on sending.

We used Clutch last season - to a decent amount of success - but the consensus is that it isn't "that perfect goal song".

and remember peoples, this is a "consensus" decision. The more options we all can present the better. so continue scouring the musical world, and let's find something for when the NHL decides to come back.

AND

The Giants DJ is great. He is my old dear friend.

But he's playing what we used to in 2001.

ha!

DJD

well this was a pointless revival..

besides, I like the goal song. and we're not changing it, there's no need to change it every year because one fan can't deal with a taste of music that isn't top 40 crap.

LOVE YOUR POST. However, the search continues! (deep sigh).

let's find that perfect song......

DJD

Bored, made this. How's this for annoying?

You know - this actually ins't that far off. However, it lacks a melody, or something for everyone to Chant along with. anything else you can think of that's similar - could be worth a try.

send some links or titles to my email. djdave@canucks.com

I'm serious. still on the hunt for THAT PERFECT GOAL SONG!

appreciate the suggestions, keep 'em coming.

DJD

DJ Dave, I was wondering if you could do something during Canucks games, preferably moreso in the playoffs - to get in the other teams head, whenever they take a penalty and are skating to the box, play the joker saying "Why so serious". Just something I've thought about before, actually made a thread about it a while ago.....it would get the player and team frustrated on the inside even though they may not show it, and it would definately get our fans going.

?

Archived