The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks goal song update

octavarium93

Probably going to get some heat for this but let me make it clear I'm not a big techno or house fan. My buddy and I were talking about goal songs the other day he was thinking about someone cutting an edit and changing this up a bit, I told him it's not a rave it's a hockey game but for the sake of posting some song ideas for the hell of it, here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBpUbaqrOCM&feature=related

Probably going to get some heat for this but let me make it clear I'm not a big techno or house fan. My buddy and I were talking about goal songs the other day he was thinking about someone cutting an edit and changing this up a bit, I told him it's not a rave it's a hockey game but for the sake of posting some song ideas for the hell of it, here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBpUbaqrOCM&feature=related

I think a fast energetic song is best. Im extremely envoious that someone beat the Canucks to using Pennywise's Bro hymn, any song with "wooaaahs" is an instant win!

Id like something like "matchbook" by Strung out or one of the energetic songs like "mephestos cafe" by streetlight manifesto!

I just received a message from DJ Dave concerning the Canucks goal song. I messaged him requesting an update about the widely suggested song "Electric Worry" by Clutch. Here is the message he sent back:

Hi there.

I'm just back from holidays and a long summer. Yes, I did just see this track and listened to it. it's rather interesting. I think I'm going to cut an edit and try it out in the pre-season and see how it works. you can never tell until you hear it in the bowl.

I appreciate your sending this message. We'll give it a shot. for now, still Green Day for the goal song....

I would love this as a goal song and now it sounds like it could be a distinct possibility. Here is the song for those of you who haven't heard it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6FV2qR2TY

It's too bad DJ Dave is one of the crappier DJs in the NHL. Nothing but the same crap every game. Ob La Di Ob La Da, Cotton Eyed Joe, blah blah blah. I'm not one of those idiots who thinks he should play all of my favourite songs, but the atmosphere at Rogers Arena could be so much better. Never anything to pump up the mood, unless it's Welcome to the Jungle or Raise a Little Hell, otherwise it's like he just uses a random Winamp playlist. 

I mean just look at the guy: dj_dave_podcast_tf.jpg

Do you think he's paying usually attention to the game? Or daydreaming about all the burgers he's gonna eat down at the Red Onion afterwards?

The Giants DJ kicks his ass by far, for a local example.

THANK YOU!

The fratellis make many good catchy songs and i really think that we can use one of their songs for goal celebrations. Obviously the hawks have chelsea dagger... i think if we responded back wtith this song it would get the croud going pretty good:

the chorus in this song should be used and i think it would go so well with goal celebrations.

Archived