The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHLThread

Rockets score. 2-1 Rockets in the 3rd.

Cougars also lost Connolly in the 1st, has yet to return, a big hit for a upset if he's out for the series.

PP Cougars!

---

3-1 Rockets

Game is pretty close to over now, unless the Cougars get a PP sometime soon.....

-----

Rockets will take Game 1. Penalties killed us tonight, look for a more disciplined effort tomorrow night. A win tomorrow to come back to PG with a split would be huge.

-------

Eastern Conference

(1) Saskatoon Blades Vs. (8) Prince Albert Raiders

-

(2) Red Deer Rebels Vs. (7) Edmonton Oil Kings

Red Deer leads series 1-0

-

(3) Medicine Hat Tigers Vs. (6) Brandon Wheat Kings

Brandon leads series 1-0

-

(4) Kootenay Ice Vs. (5) Moose Jaw Warriors

Moose Jaw leads series 1-0

Western Conference

(1) Portland Winterhawks Vs. (8) Everett Silvertips

-

(2) Kelowna Rockets Vs. (7) Prince George Cougars

Kelowna leads series 1-0

-

(3) Spokane Chiefs Vs. (6) Chilliwack Bruins

Spokane leads series 1-0

-

(4) Tri-City Americans Vs. (5) Vancouver Giants

Tri-City leads series 1-0

I haven't heard anything yet. Dean Clark said he left with an upper body injury, but we already know it's his arm. Game 2 is tomorrow, so I'm thinking a game-time decision, or Brett just plays through it because it's the playoffs. Unless it's a broken arm/separated shoulder, I don't see him back.

What a joke... Cougars score the 2-2 game tying goal, 3 minutes in to the 3rd period (huge goal, considering the 3rd period lop side this series) on a hard working play by the Cats whole line and bang in a goal...fans are into it and what a 3rd period of hockey we are going to have RIGHT.... F****N WRONG...refs call off the goal and decide a cougar player is in the crease...ABSOLUTE LARCENY. That call changed the whole outlook from that point on...talk about a momentum shift and TURNING POINT!!!! WTF was that about!!! After the ensuing center ice face-off and less than a minute later the Rockets score and now it is 3-1.

Again in game 4 tonight the refs controversially influenced the game tonight and gave the series to the rockets on a silver platter. That was supposed to be a scheduled playoff game tonight right???? not a fracken circus, what an absolute joke and travesty...the refing in the WHL is a complete circus act, what a rip off, the league is rigged.

The reffing in the series was the biggest factor between the Rockets and Cougars I CAN NOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH PERIOD. The biggest player(threat)on the ice for the rockets was the refs, the rockets win the series thanks to the refs. The 4-0 sweep at face value does not do justice on how the series played out. The Cougars outplayed the Rockets games 2,3,4 and to have the refs shyster them and their fans is in obvious slap in the face and I will guarantee you the Rockets are going to get destroyed next round!!!! Brown will get lit up over and over.

What a joke... Cougars score the 2-2 game tying goal, 3 minutes in to the 3rd period (huge goal, considering the 3rd period lop side this series) on a hard working play by the Cats whole line and bang in a goal...fans are into it and what a 3rd period of hockey we are going to have RIGHT.... F****N WRONG...refs call off the goal and decide a cougar player is in the crease...ABSOLUTE LARCENY. That call changed the whole outlook from that point on...talk about a momentum shift and TURNING POINT!!!! WTF was that about!!! After the ensuing center ice face-off and less than a minute later the Rockets score and now it is 3-1.

Again in game 4 tonight the refs controversially influenced the game tonight and gave the series to the rockets on a silver platter. That was supposed to be a scheduled playoff game tonight right???? not a fracken circus, what an absolute joke and travesty...the refing in the WHL is a complete circus act, what a rip off, the league is rigged.

The reffing in the series was the biggest factor between the Rockets and Cougars I CAN NOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH PERIOD. The biggest player(threat)on the ice for the rockets was the refs, the rockets win the series thanks to the refs. The 4-0 sweep at face value does not do justice on how the series played out. The Cougars outplayed the Rockets games 2,3,4 and to have the refs shyster them and their fans is in obvious slap in the face and I will guarantee you the Rockets are going to get destroyed next round!!!! Brown will get lit up over and over.

Archived