The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHLThread

The Cougars destroyed the Rockets. 6-2!

I'm not overly familiar with the status on how good Kelowna is this year, but it's always a good feeling to watch the Cougars beat the Rockets/Blazers/Giants any day.

Cougars 6 @ Rockets 2 - F

1. P.G Forsberg, (1) (Buonassisi, Stanfield), 3:12 (PP)

1. P.G Buonassisi, (1) (Pilling, Dobrowolski), 11:57 (PP)

2. KEL Bulmer, (1) (Wudrick, Smith) 18:39 (PP)

2. P.G Makin, (1) (Hirsche), 6:45

2. P.G Connolly, (2), 16:08

3. P.G Asuchak, (1) (Stanfield, Buonassisi), 2:06

3. P.G Asuchak, (2) (Stanfield, Buonassisi), 4:40

3. KEL Franko (1), (Callahan, Adolph), 14:33

Shots

Prince George Cougars 13 14 12 39

Kelowna Rockets 7 11 4 22

3 Stars

1. P.G - 12 Nick Buonassisi (1G, 3A)

2. P.G - 26 Parker Stanfield (3A)

3. P.G - 16 Spencer Asuchak (2G)

Awesome!

The Cougars held the Rockets to only 4 shots in the 3rd period, pretty solid. Nick Buonassisi had a marvelous game, really hope he can keep this up, and I might end up going to a lot more games this year. The Cougars seem to really be shooting a lot this year on net. They are once again upwards of 30 shots.

I won tickets for the Oct. 9 game (although that's also the season opener for the Canucks...may give them away if anyone's interested...unsure at this point as I love Giants' games).

Re landing McNaught....[brendan] Gallagher's reaction was apparently that "his eyes popped and his smile perked up when he heard" the news...."we got McNaught? Seriously?....that's awesome" (indeed, as one of his responsibilities will be to have his back). (He had 20 fights last year).

(and b3 - go Dylan! He needs more time to develop/found the pace a little faster than what he's accustomed to. But I'll be secretly keeping an eye on & pulling for him in MJ) :)

One team to watch this year will be the Rebels. They are enjoying early dominance as I believe all their Juniors are back from NHL camps now. I know the playing field will even out in the next month as more juniors return, but keep an eye on Red Deer, they might just surprise a few as under dogs this year.

Ah, good ol' Kyle Beach.

His playing type can only make me laugh. Since when is this soccer? No need to dive all over the place. :lol:

old_time_hockey: Wanna hear a good joke....no? Well here I go anyways.

Look at the standings of the WHL, the Cougars are soooo bad, they can't even make the standings @ 1-1.

hahaha lolz lawl haha

:mellow:

Hey McCabe...go to the CN Center last night?

I didn't get a chance to listen to the radio but checked the scoresheet after the 2nd and couldn't believe how lopsided the PP chances were. I hear even the Cougars PBP was saying it was turning into a bit of a joke. Granted 4 of the penalties were earned by the Giants twice for too many and twice for delay of game.

3rd star should have been the Giants PK.

Congrats to coach Hay for his 800th win as a WHL head coach in PG last night.

Don becomes only the 9th coach in WHL history to reach the 800 win mark and is starting his 12th season in the league. In a 72 game season that is a .916 career winning %.

He has 3 Memorial Cups as a head coach in his time in Kamloops, Tri-City and now in Vancouver.

Regardless of anyones feelings of the Giants, you have to respect the man and what he has been able to do and the number of young men he has molded into pro players.

WTG coach! Glad you are in Vancouver long term!

hay_don_big_645_645.jpg

Hate the Giants... but love Don Hay.. even in preseason he doesnt take crap will call a time out to give it to the players to send a msg. Giants are lucky to have him as a coach. Hope Habby can bring some success as the Bruins coach in his 2nd season.

Hey McCabe...go to the CN Center last night?

I didn't get a chance to listen to the radio but checked the scoresheet after the 2nd and couldn't believe how lopsided the PP chances were. I hear even the Cougars PBP was saying it was turning into a bit of a joke. Granted 4 of the penalties were earned by the Giants twice for too many and twice for delay of game.

3rd star should have been the Giants PK.

I mostly just listen to the games on the radio, saves me transportation money, ticket money, food money etc.. because we don't win many games :P

I'll be heading out to more games this year, then I did last year it seems though. At least when I go to the games, I can see a good player in Brett Connolly.

Hey oth, are the Rockets not good this year? They're 0-3, and I'm not sure if they're just off to a slow start, or are they really weak this year. Seems like they're having a hard time scoring, as even the Cougars have 7 more GF then them.

On a side note; Oil Kings won today against the Warriors, 3-2.

Archived