The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHLThread

So at the Kelowna Rockets game last night, they had a silent auction, like pretty much every night. They usually sell autographed jerseys and pictures and stuff.

They had a Cody Hodgson jersey. Canucks third jersey, but the number was 19. And yes, like the others, it was autographed. But... #19? blink.gif Obviously he's only worn 39 and 9 with the Canucks. I know he worn 19 in Brampton, but it just seems wrong seeing it on a Vancouver jersey, especially now since it's a retired number.

Anyways, too keep something about this post about the game, the Rockets beat the Americans 6-2. It's great considering how good the Americans are doing, and how terrible the Rockets have been this year. They're starting to turn it around though. Going to the game tomorrow night against the Royals (a re-match of last Saturday's game). Should be a gooder! towel.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm liking the effort from the Cougars this past week; much improved of late.

Nice comeback win Sat. night on the road against a good SPO team and crowd(10,000); erased a 3-0 deficit after two periods to score 3 in the 3rd and steal the 'W' in a SO on the Chiefs Teddy Toss night. This following a dirty 1-0 win in SEA Fri night. Also came back against POR on Wed and win in OT at home.

Good to see the BC Div tighten up a bit.

Brendan Gallagher with 7 points (hatty and 4 assists) in his return to the Giants after the WJHC.

Unbelievable! I think he gained a lot of fans during the tourney. Such a small, baby-faced guy. He looked like he should have been the towel boy not one of Team Canada's top forwards! But not once did his size seem to hold him back. He wasn't intimidated to go to the tough areas and get the puck towards the net.

Seems like a great kid, so I'm happy for him!

^^^

Was at the game tonight. He was unbelievable!

It was my first Giants game in a few years, and it was an incredible experience.

I'm one of the biggest Canucks fans around but I'm beginning think the Vancouver Giants are the best hockey experience in the city.

At first I wasn't excited driving to East Van, would've preferred to take transit from the burbs. But once I made the drive and paid the $10 dollars for parking I enjoyed the 10 minute walk to the historic Pacific Coliseum! Walking by the forum, the P.N.E. and the race track made me feel a little nostalgic like going to a hockey game in the 70's or 80's. Which is strange because I wasn't even around then.

I love the inside of the Pacific Coliseum as well, it has a lot of character.

I found the hockey to be a little more emotional as well, which created a great game/atmosphere. These junior hockey players are practically kids, and they play like it. The game had goals, hits and fights. The latter 2 seem to be absent in Rogers Arena lately.

The crowd was much different compared to Canucks games. It was heavy with kids, families and lower class drunks. Which honestly, was a great setting!

Attendance was 10,000 but it felt like 16,000. The price is just so right as well. It's not minor league hockey, it's junior, but it had that "Slapshot"-esque feel to it.

It was REAL hockey, players who aren't being paid and it was overall just a great entertaining night of hockey.

I encourage everyone to go see this team as much as possible. With their track record, you're probably seeing an NHL star in the making.

^^^

Was at the game tonight. He was unbelievable!

It was my first Giants game in a few years, and it was an incredible experience.

I'm one of the biggest Canucks fans around but I'm beginning think the Vancouver Giants are the best hockey experience in the city.

At first I wasn't excited driving to East Van, would've preferred to take transit from the burbs. But once I made the drive and paid the $10 dollars for parking I enjoyed the 10 minute walk to the historic Pacific Coliseum! Walking by the forum, the P.N.E. and the race track made me feel a little nostalgic like going to a hockey game in the 70's or 80's. Which is strange because I wasn't even around then.

I love the inside of the Pacific Coliseum as well, it has a lot of character.

I found the hockey to be a little more emotional as well, which created a great game/atmosphere. These junior hockey players are practically kids, and they play like it. The game had goals, hits and fights. The latter 2 seem to be absent in Rogers Arena lately.

The crowd was much different compared to Canucks games. It was heavy with kids, families and lower class drunks. Which honestly, was a great setting!

Attendance was 10,000 but it felt like 16,000. The price is just so right as well. It's not minor league hockey, it's junior, but it had that "Slapshot"-esque feel to it.

It was REAL hockey, players who aren't being paid and it was overall just a great entertaining night of hockey.

I encourage everyone to go see this team as much as possible. With their track record, you're probably seeing an NHL star in the making.

Great post indeed Burnaby Joe!

In fact, I think you've convinced me to go to a Giants game! I haven't been in a long time - since Evander Kane was a rookie for them. But it's always been great hockey and, at a fraction of the cost of a Canucks game, it is more affordable and sensible imo.

Plus you're absolutely right about the Pacific Coliseum. There is so much history in that building that it's very special to take in a game there. And for any kid who grew up in Vancouver, the PNE was a big part of our lives. Between the Canucks, Playland, and all the historic events at the Agrodome and Coliseum, just being in that area is extremely nostalgic.

hosea24hours Hosea Cheung

The Vancouver Giants have traded captain James Henry to Moose Jaw for a second and third round pick. #whl

hosea24hours Hosea Cheung

Brendan Gallagher is named the new captain. Henry had played the second most regular season games in Giants franchise history.

So happy for Baby Face Gallagher!

Archived