The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHLThread

We absolutely cannot lose tonight.. The first goal seems to be huge in this series..

Kramer is an idiot for pullin that crap.. That could be huge as we wont have that physicality on the ice..

I hope we can come out with the win, because if it goes back up there i think its a wrap for the chiefs..

either way, im not really looking forward to the next series for either team..

Don't worry about the split, bring the broom with you guys when you come down here lol..

This team is pathetic, we have nobody that has the balls to even attempt to take a game over.. There is nothing for talent, losing kichton is just the icing on the cake..

Traded away our best player in bardaro who had 30+ goals in the 2nd half of the season for a guy who has 9 pts.. SMFH..

next year will be even worse..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Portland is now up 2-1 in the WHL Final,after 4-3 win over Edmonton. Trouble is as great as the hockey has been the WHL and its on ice officials continue to ruin the product.

Game 2 Matt Kirk was so sure a Edmonton did not score he refused to wait for all angles to be made available on replay from shaw tv. Kirk then refused to visit the Edmonton bench and talk to coach Derek Laxdal. But he had time before puck drop to visit the Portland bench and coach Mike Johnston. As the puck was dropped the jumbotron in Rexall Place showed the puck in the net. Less than a minute later Portland scored to go up 4-0. Portland Ended up winning game two 5-1.

Game 3 one of the best WHL games I've seen in years. But what on earth were Pat Smith and Trevor Hanson watching after the OilKings made it 4-3 with minutes remaining and Portland dman #44 Wrenn skating into the goal celebration and assaulting Edmonton #29 Moroz. Yet no call. I can only assume Edmonton will continue to answer every question with NO COMMENT but you must wonder how frusterated they are behind closed doors.

For the record I am not a fan of either team.

There are a reason that these guys referee for this level... if they were good enough/had enough experience to officiate the NHL they would. I was at game 3 and i saw tons of questionable calls (and non calls) all night long.

The house was silent when wrenn flew into the celebration pack. we all waited for an explanation that never came... however (knowing my players) wrenn is an even keel kid and our captain so i could bet something pretty bad was said or done before he threw his fit (not that its an excuse, but that scrum looked nasty and Wrenn is no "thug").

success through diversity of calls and non calls has always been the story of hockey... why should this be any different?

Also Ty Rattie broke the franchise record for most goals in the post season! nice work Ty!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived