The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHLThread

You said he would be alright - not knowing what that means exactly, one should make those kinds of statements with some reservation given Connollys history of injury. If you were in PG (and not following from a distance) you would know that his injury was a little more complicated than reported.

I want to see this kid do well - very well, and I am not arguing with you. But there is a reason why pretty much every scouting report and GM analysis said the same thing - this kid is a high risk/high reward proposition. I really hope this kid stays healthy, but if I were Stevie Y - I would not have taken him. There is just too much risk involved and too much at stake for the Lightning (who arent exactly full of young prospects at this time either).

Ha. T-Birds.

Might as well follow the Tits. T-Birds play out in Kent which is a fairly long trek from Seattle in the middle of nowhere. At least Comcast arena is like a bar with a rink in the middle. Mind you, the fans are typical know nothing Yanks. Everytime I have been down there the Giants have won big. So by the middle of the 3rd you get stupid people telling Canada to go home. Canada sucks. Canada wouldn't exist without the US.

Then when you confront them with 9/11 is a product of US foriegn policy which is fueled by the ignorance of the American population as a whole, after they think about it for a bit, and ring their cowbell for no apparent reason, they go back to their Go Back to Canada stance. To which you then reply: Fine...but we are taking every Canadian on the Tips team with us. Who are you left with?

That and as the other team kills a penalty the PA announcer comes on in a somber tone "The Giants are back at full strength" to which the crowd responds "And they still suck!" you can't imagine how hard it is to explain to one of those morons how that is wrong. First off that they need to be told what is happening and then my team sucks because they prevented yours from scoring? Should you not be harping on the Tips PP?

I can give you 3 good reasons to follow the Giants: Musil, Sward, Bellerive. These kids are going to be awsome. Musil will at the very least be top 10 in the NHL draft. Many think top 5. I would try and make a move for Musil if I was Gillis.

it's not nearly as far out of Seattle as you claim, and I'll be living in Bonney Lake at first, so I'll be about 20 min from the arena. and I can't stand the silvertips, but you really shouldn't be such a dick when you visit opposing team's home arenas. You're begging to be shot, especially mentioning to Americans that their foreign policy is partially to blame for 9/11. As far as they are concerned it was an unprovoked attack against them; shattering that illusion will only be me with violence.

And if you can't get the "and they still suck" I don't know if I should even bother explaining it to you. They say that, not because the giants prevented them from scoring, but as a dig against the other team, saying that they suck despite having all of their players on the ice. And they say it against everyone, not just the giants. I know the Milwaukee Admirals do the same thing. it's just part of that arena's shtick.

Is there any word on what the league is going to do with Brendan Shinnimin after this check from behind? Has to be one of the worst check from behind I have ever seen, the kid does not even have the puck when he does it. I really hope Shinnimin is kicked out of league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Rncb-t8mc

Archived