The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHLThread

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is almost dead.

Who do you think has been the better rookie so far this year?

Dalton Sward or Matt Bellirieve?

I think Bellirieve would excel more in a better role cause hes smaller than most guys and is sort of like gallagher.

• 2 weeks later...

Giants losing 2-1 to Moosejaw right now (first intermission). A Giants' fan, first and foremost, but I've also got my McIlrath watch on (friends with his Aunt).

SCORING:

VAN Fenske, (3) (MacKay), 1:46

M.J Beach, (8) (Royer), 9:22

M.J Hood, (18) (Ehrhardt), 18:07 (PP)

3-2 MJ at the end of the second

M.J Edwards, (15) (Paradis), 15:27 (SH)

VAN Bennett, (13) , 17:38 (SH)

FINAL SCORE: 6-3 MJ :(

• 4 weeks later...

was at the game too, that third was crazy

you might know that I'm a blazers fan, so i was kinda cheering for tri city lol, but I'm glad i went. game was close and exciting for the first 2, then the floodgates opened in the 3rd.

oh and yeah, i was probably really close to you, i was in the same end but more like the corner.

going again next weekend

I went to the Spokane Chiefs/ Prince George Cougars game over the weekend. Spokane took care of things pretty easily, and Tampa prospect Brett Connolly did not look great. sloppy on the power play with the puck, generally not creating much offense throughout. Jared Cowen of the chiefs (Ottawa top pick) was a men among boys, and looked effortless in making quick first passes and shutting down anyone trying to get to the net with the puck.

Prince George definitely does not look like a team that deserves to make the playoffs, which is disappointing for me as I am currently living here. Looking forward to moving to Kamloops and seeing what the Blazers can do next year.

Wow.

Congratulations to the Blades for clinching the Eastern Conference (1st time since 87-88) and to all 20+ goal scorers on the Blades,

Marek Viedensky

Josh Nicholls

Curtis Hamilton

Stefan Elliott

Jake Trask

Darian Dziurzynski

Brayden Schenn.

Also here hoping Chris Collins can get at least one more before the end of the season.

With Easter being late this year the Blades have a good chance of going far in the playoffs, good luck boys.

Wow.

Congratulations to the Blades for clinching the Eastern Conference (1st time since 87-88) and to all 20+ goal scorers on the Blades,

Marek Viedensky

Josh Nicholls

Curtis Hamilton

Stefan Elliott

Jake Trask

Darian Dziurzynski

Brayden Schenn.

Also here hoping Chris Collins can get at least one more before the end of the season.

With Easter being late this year the Blades have a good chance of going far in the playoffs, good luck boys.

whl_logo_masthead.png

WHL 2011 Playoff Matchups

Eastern Conference

(1) Saskatoon Blades Vs. (8) Prince Albert Raiders

SSK: Marek Viedensky, Curtis Hamilton, Brayden Schenn, Stefan Elliot - PA: Jonathan Parker, Mark McNeill, Justin Maylan, Brandon Herrod

-

(2) Red Deer Rebels Vs. (7) Edmonton Oil Kings

RD: Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Andrek Kudrna, Alex Petrovic, Byron Froese - EDM: Dylan Wruck, Mark Pysyk, Michael St. Croix, Jordan Hickmott

-

(3) Medicine Hat Tigers Vs. (6) Brandon Wheat Kings

MH: Emerson Etem, Linden Vey, Wacey Hamilton, Tyler Pitlick - BRN: Scott Glennie, Mark Stone, Matt MacKay, Shayne Wiebe

-

(4) Kootenay Ice Vs. (5) Moose Jaw Warriors

KTN: Cody Eakin, Max Reinhart, Matt Fraser, Kevin King - MJ: Dylan McIlrath, Dylan Hood, Quinton Howden, Spencer Edwards

Western Conference

(1) Portland Winterhawks Vs. (8) Everett Silvertips

POR: Ryan Johansen, Nino Niederreiter, Craig Cunningham, Sven Bartschi - EVT: Tyler Maxwell, Ryan Harrison, Ryan Murray, Kellan Tochkin

-

(2) Kelowna Rockets Vs. (7) Prince George Cougars

KEL: Tyson Barrie, Mitch Callahan, Georgie Wudrick, Shane McColgan - PG: Brett Connolly, Sena Acolatse, Martin Marincin, Taylor Stefishen, Charles Inglis

-

(3) Spokane Chiefs Vs. (6) Chilliwack Bruins

SPO: Jared Cowen, Tyler Johnson, Levko Koper, Brenden Kichton - CWK: Ryan Howse, Kevin Sundher, Roman Horak, Robin Soudek

-

(4) Tri-City Americans Vs. (5) Vancouver Giants

TC: Brenden Shinnimin, Carter Ashton, Adam Hughesman, Kruise Reddick - VAN: Brendan Gallagher, Spencer Bennett, Neil Manning, Brendan Rowinski

Getting into 7th as opposed to 8th is a big deal- I don't want to think about what Neiderreiter and Johansen would do to PG's defense and goaltending.

I think they have a real fighting chance against the Rockets!

Archived