Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

WHLThread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
484 replies to this topic

#391 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:36 AM

3-1 Cougars over the Blaze. Ha!:P

Posted Image

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#392 Slick McGiggits

Slick McGiggits

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:54 AM

3-1 Cougars over the Blaze. Ha!:P

I went to the game tonight. Cougars played a solid game.

#393 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

Posted Image

LOL

Giants won though.

#394 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,022 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

Glad Blumer is back for Kelowna they need some reinforcements!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#395 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,144 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Took in my first Royals game on Saturday night. 5-3 loss to the Giants, but it was a good game. I sure missed having the WHL in town. The place was packed! I'm going to hit every game I can whenever I'm in town.

Go Royals!
Posted Image

#396 Hardcore Canuck Fan

Hardcore Canuck Fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

I went to the game tonight. Cougars played a solid game.

Good to hear, always good to beat Kam. Hopefully this will give the boys a boost. Sounded like a great game. I caught the 3rd on radio it sounded like PG was playing a full team game, and Fordyce was brilliant and made a lot of grade A saves. I went Fri night and I credit Kam with the effort they put forth. I was impressed with their game and obvious to see they got alot of confidence, however they got some favour by the refs in that final frame too.
"Everybody wants to play in the playoffs. You don't know how good the good times were until you hit the bad times. But sometimes success is just around the corner." - Trevor Linden

Luc Bourdon #28

#397 Gz

Gz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Glad Blumer is back for Kelowna they need some reinforcements!

Hasn't really seemed to help much after three (I think) games. Two losses and a shootout win. They played terrible in the first last night (Cooke made some really great saves near the end of it) but picked it up after that. Lots of chances, but no finish. Posted Image

They are Jannik Hansen. Posted Image

(Yes, I am aware he had two goals last night.)

totally agree although i wouldnt have minded jvr in a 3 way.

Context, people, context.

#398 Jumpin Jack Flash

Jumpin Jack Flash

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Gallagher is an absolute beast, 18 goals in 18 games, Montreal stole him in the 5th round.

#399 luongoisdaman

luongoisdaman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

Congrats to Brendan Gallagher:

PRESS RELEASE

MONTREAL Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier announced Wednesday the signing of forward Brendan Gallagher to a three-year (2012-13 to 2014-15). As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

After 18 games with the WHL Vancouver Giants, Gallagher ranks first on his team and seventh in the league with 31 points (18 goals and 13 assists). He leads the Giants and comes fifth in the WHL for goals (18), and ranks second in the league for powerplay goals (8). The 508 and 174 lbs right winger displays a +8 plus/minus differential and served 25 penalty minutes.

Named Team WHL captain for the fifth game of the 2011 Subway Super Series, Gallagher will take part in tonights game against Team Russia, in Regina, Saskatchewan.

A native of Edmonton, Alberta, Gallagher, 19, has recorded 234 points (113 goals and 121 assists) in 208 games since his junior debut with Vancouver. He was drafted in the fifth round, 147th overall by the Canadiens at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. Gallagher took part in his second training camp with the Canadiens in 2011, playing in five preseason games, recording one assist (0-1-1), 14 shots on goal and 4 penalty minutes. He was returned to the WHL Giants on September 30.

http://canadiens.nhl...s.htm?id=601863
Posted Image

#400 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

Giants destroying Victoria 8-0 so far... Going to leave during the second intermission. So one-sided... Shots are 37-7

#401 luongoisdaman

luongoisdaman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:59 AM

Ended up 11-3! Really wish I went to this game LOL.
Posted Image

#402 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

Ended up 11-3! Really wish I went to this game LOL.

I can't sit through blowouts, I'd rather sit through a 1-1 tie than an 11-3 win

#403 Great Save Luongo!!!

Great Save Luongo!!!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

Lethbridge is winning 3-0 going into the 3rd period against the Rebels and Adam Kambeitz scores a Hatty with one second left to take it into OT. Rebels ended up losing in a shootout, but thats still pretty cool.
Proud to call him my cousin!
Posted Image

#404 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

Arghhh my raiders suck
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#405 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

The prince albert raiders beat the Vancouver giants. They actually won on local television!!!!

Edited by Rr11, 26 November 2011 - 01:17 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#406 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

^ lol I thought I accidentally stumbled back into the nfl thread for a second. I think the sig threw me off

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#407 Gz

Gz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

So at the Kelowna Rockets game last night, they had a silent auction, like pretty much every night. They usually sell autographed jerseys and pictures and stuff.

They had a Cody Hodgson jersey. Canucks third jersey, but the number was 19. And yes, like the others, it was autographed. But... #19? Posted Image Obviously he's only worn 39 and 9 with the Canucks. I know he worn 19 in Brampton, but it just seems wrong seeing it on a Vancouver jersey, especially now since it's a retired number.

Anyways, too keep something about this post about the game, the Rockets beat the Americans 6-2. It's great considering how good the Americans are doing, and how terrible the Rockets have been this year. They're starting to turn it around though. Going to the game tomorrow night against the Royals (a re-match of last Saturday's game). Should be a gooder! Posted Image

totally agree although i wouldnt have minded jvr in a 3 way.

Context, people, context.

#408 Nail

Nail

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

I'm going up to the game tomorrow too!

sg25j6.jpg

Credit to khalifawiz501 for the beautiful sig!

#409 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

does anyone know how the whl on-demand service is? i wanna watch a game tonight, and dont mind paying 7 bucks for it. I just wanna know what the quality is like.

Posted Image

#410 Hardcore Canuck Fan

Hardcore Canuck Fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

I'm liking the effort from the Cougars this past week; much improved of late.

Nice comeback win Sat. night on the road against a good SPO team and crowd(10,000); erased a 3-0 deficit after two periods to score 3 in the 3rd and steal the 'W' in a SO on the Chiefs Teddy Toss night. This following a dirty 1-0 win in SEA Fri night. Also came back against POR on Wed and win in OT at home.

Good to see the BC Div tighten up a bit.
"Everybody wants to play in the playoffs. You don't know how good the good times were until you hit the bad times. But sometimes success is just around the corner." - Trevor Linden

Luc Bourdon #28

#411 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

kamloops blazers baby ;)

Posted Image

#412 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,966 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:55 AM

Interesting TSN asked Don Hay if he'd want to try the NHL again. He said he'd like to give it a try.

An option for the Canucks?
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#413 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,925 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

Cougars today traded Charles Inglis to Red Deer in exchange for Daulton Siwak and a 2012 3rd round draft pick. The Cougars' Facebook page posted it.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#414 Bite me Burr

Bite me Burr

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Cougars today traded Charles Inglis to Red Deer in exchange for Daulton Siwak and a 2012 3rd round draft pick. The Cougars' Facebook page posted it.

crap
I was hoping the Blazers would look at getting some toughness
CHARACTER AND TOUGHNESS

#415 luongoisdaman

luongoisdaman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

Can't wait for tomorrow. First the VAN/BOS game, then going to the VAN/POR WHL game.
Posted Image

#416 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

Brendan Gallagher with 7 points (hatty and 4 assists) in his return to the Giants after the WJHC.

Unbelievable! I think he gained a lot of fans during the tourney. Such a small, baby-faced guy. He looked like he should have been the towel boy not one of Team Canada's top forwards! But not once did his size seem to hold him back. He wasn't intimidated to go to the tough areas and get the puck towards the net.

Seems like a great kid, so I'm happy for him!
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#417 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

^^^

Was at the game tonight. He was unbelievable!

It was my first Giants game in a few years, and it was an incredible experience.

I'm one of the biggest Canucks fans around but I'm beginning think the Vancouver Giants are the best hockey experience in the city.

At first I wasn't excited driving to East Van, would've preferred to take transit from the burbs. But once I made the drive and paid the $10 dollars for parking I enjoyed the 10 minute walk to the historic Pacific Coliseum! Walking by the forum, the P.N.E. and the race track made me feel a little nostalgic like going to a hockey game in the 70's or 80's. Which is strange because I wasn't even around then.

I love the inside of the Pacific Coliseum as well, it has a lot of character.

I found the hockey to be a little more emotional as well, which created a great game/atmosphere. These junior hockey players are practically kids, and they play like it. The game had goals, hits and fights. The latter 2 seem to be absent in Rogers Arena lately.

The crowd was much different compared to Canucks games. It was heavy with kids, families and lower class drunks. Which honestly, was a great setting!

Attendance was 10,000 but it felt like 16,000. The price is just so right as well. It's not minor league hockey, it's junior, but it had that "Slapshot"-esque feel to it.

It was REAL hockey, players who aren't being paid and it was overall just a great entertaining night of hockey.

I encourage everyone to go see this team as much as possible. With their track record, you're probably seeing an NHL star in the making.

Edited by BurnabyJoe, 08 January 2012 - 12:22 AM.

http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#418 luongoisdaman

luongoisdaman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

^^^

Was at the game tonight. He was unbelievable!

It was my first Giants game in a few years, and it was an incredible experience.

I'm one of the biggest Canucks fans around but I'm beginning think the Vancouver Giants are the best hockey experience in the city.

At first I wasn't excited driving to East Van, would've preferred to take transit from the burbs. But once I made the drive and paid the $10 dollars for parking I enjoyed the 10 minute walk to the historic Pacific Coliseum! Walking by the forum, the P.N.E. and the race track made me feel a little nostalgic like going to a hockey game in the 70's or 80's. Which is strange because I wasn't even around then.

I love the inside of the Pacific Coliseum as well, it has a lot of character.

I found the hockey to be a little more emotional as well, which created a great game/atmosphere. These junior hockey players are practically kids, and they play like it. The game had goals, hits and fights. The latter 2 seem to be absent in Rogers Arena lately.

The crowd was much different compared to Canucks games. It was heavy with kids, families and lower class drunks. Which honestly, was a great setting!

Attendance was 10,000 but it felt like 16,000. The price is just so right as well. It's not minor league hockey, it's junior, but it had that "Slapshot"-esque feel to it.

It was REAL hockey, players who aren't being paid and it was overall just a great entertaining night of hockey.

I encourage everyone to go see this team as much as possible. With their track record, you're probably seeing an NHL star in the making.

Great post.

TBH, the only reason why I got hooked onto the WHL and the Giants was because I started playing as them in NHL12. Finished a couple of seasons with them, got to know who was on the team, and I was hooked.

Been to ~5 games this season, no doubt will continue to go to the Coliseum for some great hockey. For <$20, you simply cannot go wrong. Great hockey, great emotion, great gameplay. That might come from the fact that it IS junior hockey and more mistakes will be made, and the goalies aren't as good, but damn is that entertaining hockey tonite or what.

So glad I went to the game tonite, only thing that would've made it better is if I got to meet The Flower. Ah well, there was only 100/10000 fans able to meet him. That's what, a 1% chance. Great experience once again at the Coliseum.
Posted Image

#419 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:01 AM

Great post indeed Burnaby Joe!

In fact, I think you've convinced me to go to a Giants game! I haven't been in a long time - since Evander Kane was a rookie for them. But it's always been great hockey and, at a fraction of the cost of a Canucks game, it is more affordable and sensible imo.

Plus you're absolutely right about the Pacific Coliseum. There is so much history in that building that it's very special to take in a game there. And for any kid who grew up in Vancouver, the PNE was a big part of our lives. Between the Canucks, Playland, and all the historic events at the Agrodome and Coliseum, just being in that area is extremely nostalgic.
Posted Image

#420 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

hosea24hours Hosea Cheung

The Vancouver Giants have traded captain James Henry to Moose Jaw for a second and third round pick. #whl

hosea24hours Hosea Cheung

Brendan Gallagher is named the new captain. Henry had played the second most regular season games in Giants franchise history.

So happy for Baby Face Gallagher!
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.