The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHLThread

They (Cougars) gave several thousand free tickets to elementary schools (my neighbors kid got them), so did my co-op directors kids (different schools). They needed to make the stands artifically full for Trevor Linden day in PG (no, I am not kidding).

Playing this weekend in town? No.

Staying here for the weekend? Unlikely IMO, they have a game in Lethbridge Friday, then a game Saturday in Medicine Hat, and then have to head to Edmonton to play Monday. I think it'd be easier for them just to go from Medicine Hat to Edmonton, or stay over night in MH, and then over to Edmonton the next day.

They get an eastern road trip already?

It always seems the Giants are doing their big eastern trip around the trade deadline. That has to be a hollow feeling. Bus pulls over at the nearest town with a bus station or airport and the coach tells you where you are going and you get your bags off the bus.

Go Raiders....

The Raiders are also celebrating their 40th anniversary this season... I did not know that.

Also, why was that Brandon Herrod kid not drafted? He was eligible this last draft, and he had a pretty good year last season (70GP 37G 28A 65Pts +10 44PIM) It looks like he's continuing on this tread this season, 5G 5A 10Pts +6 in 6 games...) do scouts simply not make it up to PA? :P

Giants have now settled the goaltending situation and have traded Derek Tendler to Speedy Creek for a 6th round pick in the 2011 Bantam Draft.

No surprise really. Jensen isn't ready to start so Segal's job was safe. And with no first round pick in 2011 no real trade bait even if they wanted to go get a more established starter. Segal pretty much played himself out of a spot in the pre-season giving up some pretty soft goals and then getting torched 7-2 by Portland. He has skill, just lacking a little in focus at times it would seem.

So it would seem the Broncos will re-assign 17 yearold Austin Smith and go with O/A ex-Bruin Mark Friesen as the starter.

Good luck to Derek. By all accounts a really likeable youngman and good teammate.

Is there any word on what the league is going to do with Brendan Shinnimin after this check from behind? Has to be one of the worst check from behind I have ever seen, the kid does not even have the puck when he does it. I really hope Shinnimin is kicked out of league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Rncb-t8mc

Is there any word on what the league is going to do with Brendan Shinnimin after this check from behind? Has to be one of the worst check from behind I have ever seen, the kid does not even have the puck when he does it. I really hope Shinnimin is kicked out of league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Rncb-t8mc

Archived