The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Minecraft Thread

Diamond Smurf

http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Feed_The_Beast_Wiki

scroll down until you see the modpacks they have and click on them.. It'll then list the mods in the pack.. and just click the mod and it should give you a little info.

Im currently going to toy around with railcraft. Already made a rail from my sorting room to my nuclear plant/uu-matter area.. although its just the regular rails for the most part.. I want to toy with some of the other ones later on.

http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Feed_The_Beast_Wiki

scroll down until you see the modpacks they have and click on them.. It'll then list the mods in the pack.. and just click the mod and it should give you a little info.

Im currently going to toy around with railcraft. Already made a rail from my sorting room to my nuclear plant/uu-matter area.. although its just the regular rails for the most part.. I want to toy with some of the other ones later on.

Guest Gumballthechewy

How do you update a mod pack? It asks me: "there is a new version for this mod pack do you wish to update" or whatever it says and I click yes but the game just starts with no updates... :(

usually does when you hit yes.. I reinstalled today and when I relaunched the game it asked to update.. I said no because I didnt want to re-install optifine and then have to redo the settings again.. My computers been crap lately and already takes 2 min just to load the game.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'm just gonna back up my worlds and Minimap data and just do a full re-install of the whole thing.

I am waaaaaay too stupid to try and figure out what's wrong and properly fix it....

Yup, a clean reinstall worked fine, I can now use OptiFine, also DireWolf got 3 new mods, I don't know what they are (not reading through it all, not that I'll remember what's old anyway...)

Hey Birdie, what was the texture pack you use? And does it work with all (or most) of the mods in MindCrack?

Never mind, I found it, BDCraft, right? It's pretty cool looking.

Doing some more work in railcraft.. although nothing to do with rails or carts lol.. Working on some steam power to help boost power.. Figured out a way I didnt have to keep moving my redstone energy cells to and from the quarry.. they now charge AND power the quarry from my base.. And need more power to keep my MFEs charged while they charge.. So my biofuel will now become handy.. And I will also be changing some of the liquid pipes I have to a different liquid pipe. They're apparently a little smarter and much more efficient.

Also have to say.. It takes FOREVER to get steel.. And I need A LOT for the steam stuff.. I mean A LOT.. lol

For example.. For the Turbine Rotor..

3 steel needed to make 1 Blade..

You need 8 blades and 1 block of steel to make 1 gear..

you need 3 gears to make a Turbine Rotor.

And I need 2 Turbine Rotors

Currently have 5 steam boilers going with 1 steam turbine attached. Each boiler can produce enough steam for 4 turbines.. Each turbine produces 100eu/tick while my geothermal generators only produce 20eu/tick.

So 500eu vs 160eu(only 8 currently running).. tough choice.. lol. Looks like I wont be usuing lava for power anymore once I have the other turbines set up.

Archived