The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Minecraft Thread

Diamond Smurf

Can you build multiple worlds without destroying your previous one (so pretty much save multiple worlds you created). Also, how does the multiplayer essentially work (just a quick explanation :P ) I'm also wondering if the only way to DOWNLOAD the game is to buy it (vs playing it over your browser through classic mode, i don't mean anything illegal).

So just when I thought I was just about done with the world I was palying in, I accidentally mined the wrong block and it opened up a path to a huge cave with a whole ton of crap. I found my first 3 mob spawners within like 20 mins.

This game is really cool. You can pretty much build anything, that is what interests me the most. Have you guys seen the youtube video of the guy who created a 16-bit ALU? From what I understand by watching it, it is literally a working computer chip. A computer inside of a computer :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkkyKZVzug

Or the 1:1 scale model of the starship Enterprise.

Those must have taken forever to do..

Has anyone brought up the idea of a private CDC server? Multiplayer servers interest me more than single player, I like to be able to explore and see what other people have built as well.

Yeah you can fight each other if you want, as warmplate said it depends on the server settings.

There are a lot of multiplayer servers set up specifically for humans to fight each other, make clans to fight each other ,etc.

Then there are the servers where people build/explore/survive. Or creative servers with mods that help you build and have no monsters. It all depends.

I like to explore servers where people have all built their own city, including highways that lead to the next city! It's pretty neat, there are a lot of extremely skilled builders out there. I'm pretty new so I'm not quite good at all the crafting techniques, I usually just follow my friends around and help them out with mining/building. When we get better we had an ideato make some sort of homage to the vancouver or the canucks. Maybe rebuild GM Place?

Archived