The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PIJHL

PowerIce

Well I think I know the reason the Flames are where they are in the standings.

They are way too soft with the puck in their own end. Not so much behind the net or down low. And infact they did a really good job knocking down passes. But at their own blueline where they just need to shovel it 5ft to clear the zone they can't. And it wasn't so much that Delta was in their face. In fact I thought that Delta had a pretty weak game tonight and had way more chances that they should have made something happen on.

• 2 weeks later...

Sockeyes were down 1-0 at the start of the third, don't remember the scoring summary that well but after falling behind again after the hawks scored again, they evened it up and scored another with 3 mins left and the 5th goal was an emptynetter.

During the pregame skate, the newly acquired sockeyes goalie took a puck in the throat. He was lying on the ice for a good 15 mins and the fire department and paramedics put him on a stretcher and took him to richmond general. Aaron Oakley was in the stands and they had to call him down and dress him up and ended up playing backup.

Yikes that's pretty scary. Any word on his status?

Judging by the box score from last nights Pilots/Steelers game, we were fortunate to come away with at least a point scoring 2 in the 3rd to tie the game. What I found interesting was the Pilots enforcer, Daniel Amesbury was the first star of the game with 1 assist and 10 PIM :lol: On the season he has 11 points in 16 games along with 217 penalty minutes! That's 87 more than the runner up. Puts up quite a bit of points for a guy who's sitting in the box most of the game.

It was 2 or 3 weeks ago when Ridge Medows was in Delta. A fairly large group of fans came out for a fairly far midweek road trip.

My GOD were they stupid. Made Tips fans look smart. The Flames ran over Enegren 3 times and got called for it 3 times and they were crying "oh but he was out of his crease". Well tough titties. Read the rule book. I think if the goalie is out of the crease handling the puck like a dman he should be fair game. Fact is however he isn't.

They blamed every Ice Hawk goal somehow on the ref and not on the fact that the Flames couldn't manage to shovel a puck 3 feet to clear their own zone. Or the holding call. I thought one of those hillbillies was going to jump the glass. Dude had ahold of a mit full of sweater and when that wasn't working knocked the stick out of his hand. Of course that is going to get called.

Sockeyes win 3-2.

What an odd game. Richmond came out flat footed for most of the 1st period and gave up the first goal. Davidson was beat on a harmless looking shot with no traffic that went glove side. But it very well could have been 2-0 had he not come up with a big save on a Pilot PP. Pushed of hard to come cross crease to take the puck off the logo. Richmond would tie it up on a PP of their own. Shot and save by Anderson, scramble around the crease and the rebound came out and was stuffed into the open cage.

Pilots would take a 2-1 lead on a PP. They were able to get a good screen set up and Davidson never saw the point shot. Towards the end of the 2nd the physical play picked up. And at the buzzer I didn't see what started it, but the Abbotsford coaches were beaking off the Richmond bench after all the players had left. Got to the point that the refs came over and the Abby coach was almost in the Sockeyes bench giving him the "lets go" gesture. Ref gave him an unsportsman like penalty at the 20min mark and he kept going. So I suggested he might want to go to the dressing room before he got tossed. He gave me the finger! I wasn't rude. Just a friendly suggestion to avoid a fine or suspension.

In the 3rd in a reverse for the 1st the Pilots were very flat and the Sockeyes cashed in on the penalty to the coach. A nice shot glove side top corner. Sockeyes would press and had a few close calls. Eventually Roder after some nice work down low got Anderson scrambling and flipped the puck up and over him to take the 3-2 lead.

Lamb had a shadow tonight where ever he went and when he had the puck it wasn't long until he was rubbed out along the wall or stick checked. A few times he went back to the bench and slammed his stick frustrated that he couldn't get any time or space out there.

Anderson is by far the best puck handling goalie that I have seen come into Minoru. He made some beauty outlet passes.

Reminds me of how the Hawks players felt during the Canucks/Hawks game. I guess they did a good job shutting down our top player, kudos to the Sockeyes. Sounds like a close game. We are 1-1-1 against you guys this year, all of them 1 goal games.

We've lost 4 in a row and 6 of our last 7. :(

Archived