The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PIJHL

PowerIce

Haha yea, that probably was Thorsteinson. I'm pretty sure I saw saretsky at some point though. Eliteprospects has him with one game played at the commentors said something about him spending some time with the capitals and last week was his debut with the sockeyes? Not sure though.

Do you regularly attend the games?

Oh wow, I think he may have been in a hoodie. If he's not than that's quite a loss for the sockeyes. A few sockeyes graduated from my school.

Hm, as far as I know he's going to Cowichan within the next week or something. He wasn't in dress clothes or anything at the Sockeyes game because he won't be playing for them anymore?

Yeah I try and make it out as often as I can. I said previously, but one of my best buds is on the Sockeyes and I'm friends with a lot of the players as well. Played minor hockey with quite a few of them!

Odd game last night out in Delta. Neither team was especially sharp with their passes either in execution or pass/shot selection. And Mission goalie Lukas Simpson was really fighting the puck for the first half of the game. Horrible rebounds, losing pucks in his equipment, just not comfortable.

Delta builds a 3-0 lead including a pretty passing play just as a power play was going to expire. But Mission would get one back on a 2 on 1. Rebound off the pads right back into the slot and it was in the net giving the Ice Breakers some life.

2nd Mission would score just over a minute in on a goal I am sure Enegren wants back. Harmless looking shot off the right wing goes top corner. Wasn't very much mustard on it either. Just don't think Enegren was set and it was 3-2. Mission couldn't create anything off the rush last night. But when they got set up in the Delta zone they are a hard working, puck support team that wins alot of battles and had at least 3 LONG 2min stretches of possesion and got chances. They would tie the game after battling and moving the puck back to the left point. With traffic going to the net the shot went thru a maze of sticks and skates and deflected in and the period would end with the score 3-3.

In the 3rd Lukas Simpson would be called on to make several quality saves including a breakaway and he just seemed more set in the Mission net. The only goal that would get past him would be a flub by the guys in front of him being too soft on clearing the zone and turning over the puck at their own blueline. A nice saucer pass and Delta had a tap in goal on a 2 on 1.

Delta was lucky to come away with the 2pts tonight. Mission did outplay them, and Enegren's save % took a bit of a beating last night given he had given up 3 goals on 11 shots by the end of the 2nd.

After seeing this thread, I'm tempted to go out to a Junior B game. I follow the BCHL passionately, but both Port Moody and Maple Ridge are close to me. I think I might head out to a Panthers game when there's not a Coquitlam Express or Canucks game on.

EDIT: Turns out there was a Panthers game tonight, so I went out and watched it. I wasn't too impressed honestly. The quality of hockey was alright, but the whole experience was very unprofessional (however, I don't think that's the league's fault).

After seeing this thread, I'm tempted to go out to a Junior B game. I follow the BCHL passionately, but both Port Moody and Maple Ridge are close to me. I think I might head out to a Panthers game when there's not a Coquitlam Express or Canucks game on.

EDIT: Turns out there was a Panthers game tonight, so I went out and watched it. I wasn't too impressed honestly. The quality of hockey was alright, but the whole experience was very unprofessional (however, I don't think that's the league's fault).

While the game itself wasn't especially good, I was least impressed with the employees and overall production of the game. I obviously didn't expect much, but I didn't think the people working there would be rude. I also assumed that the team would be playing on the new International sized rink with more seating instead of the old, beat up rink.

I'm sure there's a lot of solid hockey to be seen in this league, but I'm not sure I can justify watching it when I have a junior A team (Coquitlam Express) ten minutes away. I was thinking about maybe seeing a game out in Maple Ridge, but they're further down in the standings. Anyways, I'm glad to have learned about this league and I'll be sure to follow it. I just don't think I want to support the Port Moody franchise.

Archived