The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BCHL Thread

BM24

Salmon%20Arm%20Silverbacks.gif Salmon Arm Silverbacks 8-2-0-0 - 16 Points

My Uncle is a coach or something with this team. He posted on Facebook today, "Proud to be part of the Salmon Arm Silverbacks! That glow reflecting off my extended forhead makes me look almost angelic!!!"

RJay Berra and Jujhar Khaira are clearly the top Spruce Kings this year. They are both consistently producing points, but in order for us to get back into contention and be a hard opponent to play against we need secondary scoring and more grit.

Berra and Khaira have had great starts, yes - but I see Bodo leading the team in scoring eventually. His speed and scoring touch are a level above anyone else on the team. There is a reason he was very sought after when he decided to come to the BCHL and why he has already locked up a Div I scholarship. Berra is a veteran and should be producing since he knows his way around this league. Khaira has been very impressive for a rookie who is not physically mature yet. Time will tell if his slight frame can take the physical punishment of this league.

I see the Kings biggest issue as defence. Fillion cant do everything himself, and Henderson is not the player I thought he was going to be. Esau has potential and if he improves his puck moving ability and fills out his frame he will be better each game. Poor Davies is clearly out of his element out there and it is all he can do to chip the puck off the glass every time he touches the thing.

Unless Dempsey addresses the defence issue IMO I see many looooooong nights for Benitez/Thompson.

Surrey Eagles 4 @ Coquitlam Express 7

Vernon Vipers 4 @ Westside Warriors 1

Trail Smoke Eaters 4 @ Penticton Vees 6

Merritt Centennials 2 @ Salmon Arm Silver Backs 4

Prince George Spruce Kings 2 @ Nanaimo Clippers 10

Alberni Valley Dogs 2 @ Victoria Grizzles 4

Quesnel Millionaires 2 @ Powell River Kings 7

Surrey Eagles 4 @ Coquitlam Express 7

Vernon Vipers 4 @ Westside Warriors 1

Trail Smoke Eaters 4 @ Penticton Vees 6

Merritt Centennials 2 @ Salmon Arm Silver Backs 4

Prince George Spruce Kings 2 @ Nanaimo Clippers 10

Alberni Valley Dogs 2 @ Victoria Grizzles 4

Quesnel Millionaires 2 @ Powell River Kings 7

I find it extremely hard to believe the clippers scored 10 goals

I listened to the first period of the Clippers game before the Giants game came on and they sounded impressive...well or atleast playing like a team unlike the mass confusion that had been the norm so far this season. First key...being able to complete a pass. :lol:

I've only gone to one game so far this year and there is a reason for it. As you put it they need to be able to complete a pass which is absolutely right and you don't know (unless you are a clipper fan) how frustrating it is to watch.

The Victoria Grizzlies traded their Captain Jake Baker and Wesley Myron to Trail for Graeme Strukoff and they also traded Brett Kolins and Scott Milnthorpe to Merritt for Dustin Johnson - Merritt also traded Milnthorpe right away to the Grand Praire Storm of the AJHL for goaltender Lino Chimienti

The Victoria Grizzlies traded their Captain Jake Baker and Wesley Myron to Trail for Graeme Strukoff and they also traded Brett Kolins and Scott Milnthorpe to Merritt for Dustin Johnson - Merritt also traded Milnthorpe right away to the Grand Praire Storm of the AJHL for goaltender Lino Chimienti

I haven't been able to keep track of things with the Grizzlies lately. Are these trades good for them? I don't know much about the players.

I've got tickets for the game on Sunday, they're playing Salmon Arm. I can't wait, haven't been to a BCHL game in a while.

Here is a link from a story from THN about rookie forward Jujhar Khaira of the Prince George Spruce Kings. So far he has looked quite good (yes, I have seen several of his games in person). As a rookie, time will tell if he can sustain this pace, but even if he slows down to half the production - he is still only 16 and the future looks pretty good. Not too many stories from PG in the THN, must have been a slow hockey news day.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/35669-Prospect-Watch-Jujhar-Khaira.html

Archived