The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

he did jump forward offensively really well. I expect improvement in the regular season as him and Hamhuis get used to each other.

Sometimes I wonder how much gripes against Bieska are actually valid, just because he's under CDC's microscope. Any flaw is magnified a thousand times.

Agreed. People are able to look over the stupid penalty that Kesler took because he's Kesler, but every little thing that Bieksa does is questionable. The media, especially TEAM 1040, blows things up WAY too much! I'm not saying Bieksa has been solid over the last few years, but he's been playing alright minus some stupid plays.

Over the last few years on CDC, I've seen Naslund, Pyatt, Bernier, Raymond, Bieksa, all scrutinized.. and the only thing I can say is, media attention is only bad. The only places that I can think of that has it as bad as Vancouver or more is Toronto and Montreal.

Agreed. People are able to look over the stupid penalty that Kesler took because he's Kesler, but every little thing that Bieksa does is questionable. The media, especially TEAM 1040, blows things up WAY too much! I'm not saying Bieksa has been solid over the last few years, but he's been playing alright minus some stupid plays.

Over the last few years on CDC, I've seen Naslund, Pyatt, Bernier, Raymond, Bieksa, all scrutinized.. and the only thing I can say is, media attention is only bad. The only places that I can think of that has it as bad as Vancouver or more is Toronto and Montreal.

So many people are sheep and don't understand hockey thoroughly to begin with.

Someone that seems like they know what they're talking about bad mouths another player and the sheep follow suit. As further proved by the names you mentioned above. All of those guys did NOT deserve nearly as much scrutiny as they got.

When a player is paid nearly 4 million dollars a year and it's a credit to him that he was average at best, that's a fail. The only notable thing he did in tonight's game was take two stupid penalties, one of which was in overtime. That's not what you want out of a highly paid d-man. Hmmmm, what was the problem with O'Brien? Oh yeah, undisciplined....and at half the price....

When a player is paid nearly 4 million dollars a year and it's a credit to him that he was average at best, that's a fail. The only notable thing he did in tonight's game was take two stupid penalties, one of which was in overtime. That's not what you want out of a highly paid d-man. Hmmmm, what was the problem with O'Brien? Oh yeah, undisciplined....and at half the price....

As said earlier in this thread Bieksa does a lot of good things that are not really noticeable. Yes. He makes mistakes, but he also has skill at least. Basically he could be a lot worse. Get over it.

Archived