The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Do yourself a favor, go back and read as many pages in this thread as your tiny brain can withstand. You will notice there is only 2 maybe 3 Bieksa trolls and hundreds of supporters. So who is the idiot, the hundreds of people that have posted that Bieksa plays a rolls on this team or you and H&D? Asking you to figure this out might be a little much.

That's fairly inaccurate.

There are about 5-10 vocal supporters of Bieksa in this thread.

About 2-3 opposition of Bieksa in this thread.

I would imagine that it's 50/50 split on whether to keep Bieksa or not.

EDIT: IF you really want to know how CDC feels about Bieksa, make a simple poll.

Question: When Salo returns from LTIR...Keep Bieksa...Yes or No?

This is a pretty large embellishment, don't you think?

Really, there are about 5 or 6 consistent supporters in this thread. And many who criticize Bieksa do so in other threads rather than this one because saying anything negative about him in this thread just gets you massively attacked.

EDIT: and you are right that Bieksa does play a role on the team. He is not useless, etc., he is just over payed in the cap world for what he brings and many of his skills are replaceable by other dmen on this team.

Yep. I feel sorry for Sampy, he can't spell nor can he count, and I can't recall him ever making a positive or accurate statement in a post.

This is a pretty large embellishment, don't you think?

Really, there are about 5 or 6 consistent supporters in this thread. And many who criticize Bieksa do so in other threads rather than this one because saying anything negative about him in this thread just gets you massively attacked.

EDIT: and you are right that Bieksa does play a role on the team. He is not useless, etc., he is jus over payed in the cap world for what he brings and many of his skills are replaceable by other dmen on this team.

And several of those people who would usually critisize (which is fine btw little moppet.) are starting to say to keep Bieksa and that he's starting to earn his pay. You know because you were squirming around in the Murphy thread reminding all of them about the cap.

Really, there are about 5 or 6 consistent idiot who bash for the sake of bashing and because it's easy as Bieksa has been critisized for so long. It used to be that if you were in any way supporting Bieksa you were booed off the forum. Now though there's been a shift. People seemingly can't get together and treat Bieksa like he's the hot chick that dumped them before the prom. The people who would be afraid of this thread are simply the morons who have nothing intelligent and are just hurt. (Who can blame them the big dance is tommorrow and they don't have a date now.)

You bashers had your easy days and those are over it would seem. Being critical of him and presenting intelligent arguments are different then just saying "He did this did you see" and that being the end of the analysis.

I think it was Tavares actually but my weird memory isn't positive on that one.

I think it was Stamkos only because the Canucks didn't look like they were going to make the playoffs in '08. I think my Tavares talk was for trashing the Laffs as usual. They can't even get tanking right and when they finally do play so horribly to get a top pick, they trade it away.

And several of those people who would usually critisize (which is fine btw little moppet.) are starting to say to keep Bieksa and that he's starting to earn his pay. You know because you were squirming around in the Murphy thread reminding all of them about the cap.

Really, there are about 5 or 6 consistent idiot who bash for the sake of bashing and because it's easy as Bieksa has been critisized for so long. It used to be that if you were in any way supporting Bieksa you were booed off the forum. Now though there's been a shift. People seemingly can't get together and treat Bieksa like he's the hot chick that dumped them before the prom. The people who would be afraid of this thread are simply the morons who have nothing intelligent and are just hurt. (Who can blame them the big dance is tommorrow and they don't have a date now.)

You bashers had your easy days and those are over it would seem. Being critical of him and presenting intelligent arguments are different then just saying "He did this did you see" and that being the end of the analysis.

So, judging by the two bolded comments, I take it you are lumping me in as someone who has no reason to criticize the apparently perfect Bieksa and that I am simply hating on him for the sake of it with no reasonable points?

Criticizing a player when all the bandwagon people are jumping on board is not exactly a negative and it does not exactly prove you have no case. That is a weak argument. You and I both know that most of the people on CDC would not understand how to properly evaluate a player if they were paid a million dollars. Most base it all on the last few games.

I don't know that anyone could say I take the simple road to make arguments about Bieksa. I do put thought into what I say about him and don't just bash him for the sake of it. If you see it that I do, then that is your opinion.

You make it sound like anyone who supports him is intelligent and thoughtful in their analysis and anyone who criticizes him is an idiot with no ability to think objectively. That is just ridiculous. There are just as many people who add nothing of value to support Bieksa.

Yes, he has played better defensively. But his offensive production has plummeted as a result. His improvement defensively also has not suddenly made him a great defensive player though. He is better than he was but realistically how hard would that have been to pull off? He is still not a top defensive guy and still makes a lot of mistakes. Is he worth 3.75 million on this team? You say so, but I wouldn't say that yet. Not when Ehrhoff, Edler, Hamhuis, Ballard, and Salo are here and all making about that much. Is he worth that to another team? Perhaps, but other teams also don't have 5 similar or better options at the same or less money.

Is he critical to team success this year or beyond (as in cannot be traded)? I don't think so. He never has been before so why will he all of a sudden be? Can he be an important piece? Sure he can. But let's not forget that he is playing for his job and a contract right now. Will he play with the same determination when he is assured of those? Hard to say. He floated through a lot of his last long term contract. If he gets another one, will he float again? It is something to think about if you are a GM.

So, judging by the two bolded comments, I take it you are lumping me in as someone who has no reason to criticize the apparently perfect Bieksa and that I am simply hating on him for the sake of it with no reasonable points?

Criticizing a player when all the bandwagon people are jumping on board is not exactly a negative and it does not exactly prove you have no case. That is a weak argument. You and I both know that most of the people on CDC would not understand how to properly evaluate a player if they were paid a million dollars. Most base it all on the last few games.

You know what I absolutely apologize. They were general statements and I haven't had my coffee yet. Other than that I agree with you I was just countering you "all the others are fraid to come in here" comment. Let's put it like this...you used to have the bandwagoners on your side now I have them on mine. Dunno if that's a good thing.

I don't know that anyone could say I take the simple road to make arguments about Bieksa. I do put thought into what I say about him and don't just bash him for the sake of it. If you see it that I do, then that is your opinion.
First off see above secondly you have said here what your opinion of Bieksa is and if you think that's not going to effect your analysis of him you're kidding yourself. (FYI I hold myself in that same regard. However both of us will aknowledge certain things that go outside of our bias.)

You make it sound like anyone who supports him is intelligent and thoughtful in their analysis and anyone who criticizes him is an idiot with no ability to think objectively. That is just ridiculous. There are just as many people who add nothing of value to support Bieksa.
I think you just read it that way tbh sir. I've e humped you several times for having the smarts to make an argument and not just canuckelion it.

Yes, he has played better defensively. But his offensive production has plummeted as a result. His improvement defensively also has not suddenly made him a great defensive player though. He is better than he was but realistically how hard would that have been to pull off? He is still not a top defensive guy and still makes a lot of mistakes. Is he worth 3.75 million on this team? You say so, but I wouldn't say that yet. Not when Ehrhoff, Edler, Hamhuis, Ballard, and Salo are here and all making about that much. Is he worth that to another team? Perhaps, but other teams also don't have 5 similar or better options at the same or less money.
Potato....Potahto. Also I've never said he's earning his 3.75 million. My opinion though is that he's starting to. He needs to maintain what he's doing for the season to do that. Much like when the mental midgets were here after 1 or 2 or 3 games pronouncing that Bieksa sucks and pullin meaningless stats it wouldn't be right for me to just say this is it and Bieksa is great again.

Is he critical to team success this year or beyond (as in cannot be traded)? I don't think so. He never has been before so why will he all of a sudden be? Can he be an important piece? Sure he can. But let's not forget that he is playing for his job and a contract right now. Will he play with the same determination when he is assured of those? Hard to say. He floated through a lot of his last long term contract. If he gets another one, will he float again? It is something to think about if you are a GM.

Career threatening injuries =/= floating.

Oh and the thing he's playing for is a stanley cup.

Wait a sec...EOM has never said he deserves the money he is paid....in fact this has been mentioned many times over.

The sentiment is that while adequate, and better than people would ever give credit to, he is not a 3.75 mil player.

EOM said in much easier terms.

Sorry...just the 2cents to keep things level.

Or in a final year of a contract.

The season is still young though, and I for one am not holding my breath that his passable play of late will continue.

Wow. You know Juice is playing well when the worst CANUCKELION can come up with is "passable".

How long before he's forced to trot out the dreaded "adequate". :blink:

Can't speak for EOTM, but I wouldn't lump you in with the "idiots". You generally have a valid point or opinion that you post rather than the trite "Bieksa Sux!".

However, I don't think his math is that far off....

...CANUCKELION, hank&dan, Tomn8r, Barry Wilkins, Tatoes.....

That's just off the top of my head.

Wait a sec...EOM has never said he deserves the money he is paid....in fact this has been mentioned many times over.

The sentiment is that while adequate, and better than people would ever give credit to, he is not a 3.75 mil player.

EOM said in much easier terms.

Sorry...just the 2cents to keep things level.

I was just going to point out as well, that EOTM has consistently said that Juice is not playing like a $3.75 million player and hasn't deserved the salary he's making.

I think many people, well, Mr. LOL, just seem to have selective memories.

Anyways....EOTM is my favorite sparkly vampire.

Exactly right. He is playing better but in this NHL a player has to play up to their cap hit for the good of the team.

250 + pages in this thread of arguing, discussing, name calling and general polarization and i wonder...... did anyone change their stance on this issue? I doubt it. :sadno:

I was just going to point out as well, that EOTM has consistently said that Juice is not playing like a $3.75 million player and hasn't deserved the salary he's making.

I think many people, well, Mr. LOL, just seem to have selective memories.

Anyways....EOTM is my favorite sparkly vampire.

First off...you son of a &$%*&.

Secondly rupert you forgot one. One who has responded very recently.

Archived