The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

First off...you son of a &$%*&.

Secondly rupert you forgot one. One who has responded very recently.

Yeah, I thought of him a bit later.

Actually, I went back to around the 175 pg mark of the thread, and there were a bunch more. ('member the doofus with the Lil' Wayne sig?)

A lot of them seem to have disappeared.

I blame ADD....

I say we trade Samuelsson near the trade deadline instead of juice he has cup experience and other teams will want that going into the playoffs and trade Alberts or Rome or some one else to shed a bit of salary also.

Trading Bieksa isn't a good idea, he's a leader and everyone in the dressing room likes him and he is the only defensman other teams fear. He brings a lot of grit and he is starting to pick up his physical play and starting to fight again, I think he just

needed to get comfortable again, he had two season ending injuries early in the season, and this season he's been healthy and steadily improving and his leg is probably finally as strong as it used to be.

What happens if Salo gets injured again like always? With Bieksa gone also our d wouldn't look too good.

Trading Samuelsson will get rid of a lot of cap space and we should be able to figure out away to keep both the d-men with his salary gone.

Our lines could then be (around playoff time)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-Kesler-Tambellini

Torres-Malholtra-Hansen

Glass-Hodgson-Bolduc

or

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Hodgson-Malholtra-Hansen

Torres-Bolduc-Glass

By playoff time Hodgson should be ready to come up he can be used on the 4th line and maybe move up to the third line on the wing once he starts to play well, also he would probably get power play time and make our 2nd PP unit finally good, or even play with Sedins and then Kesler can move to the 2nd and can use his shot.

Yeah, I thought of him a bit later.

Actually, I went back to around the 175 pg mark of the thread, and there were a bunch more. ('member the doofus with the Lil' Wayne sig?)

A lot of them seem to have disappeared.

I blame ADD....

It's Bieksa's fault!

;)

I say we trade Samuelsson near the trade deadline instead of juice he has cup experience and other teams will want that going into the playoffs and trade Alberts or Rome or some one else to shed a bit of salary also.

Trading Bieksa isn't a good idea, he's a leader and everyone in the dressing room likes him and he is the only defensman other teams fear. He brings a lot of grit and he is starting to pick up his physical play and starting to fight again, I think he just

needed to get comfortable again, he had two season ending injuries early in the season, and this season he's been healthy and steadily improving and his leg is probably finally as strong as it used to be.

What happens if Salo gets injured again like always? With Bieksa gone also our d wouldn't look too good.

Trading Samuelsson will get rid of a lot of cap space and we should be able to figure out away to keep both the d-men with his salary gone.

Our lines could then be (around playoff time)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Torres-Malholtra-Hansen

Glass-Hodgson-Bolduc

or

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Hodgson-Malholtra-Hansen

Torres-Bolduc-Glass

By playoff time Hodgson should be ready to come up he can be used on the 4th line and maybe move up to the third line on the wing once he starts to play well, also he would probably get power play time and make our 2nd PP unit finally good, or even play with Sedins and then Kesler can move to the 2nd and can use his shot.

Why do you keep trolling this same post everywhere? Samuelsson is likely to be very valuable in the playoffs, even if (unlikely) he spends the whole season on the 3rd line. He adds an element of scoring to the 3rd line and is a PP option as well.

How exactly do you know that everyone in the dressing room likes Bieksa? Pure speculation.

What happens if Bieksa gets injured again????? What-ifs are useless.

They could trade Bieksa right now and our defense would be fine even without Salo. He is not as crucial as you guys make him out to be.

Why do you keep trolling this same post everywhere? Samuelsson is likely to be very valuable in the playoffs, even if (unlikely) he spends the whole season on the 3rd line. He adds an element of scoring to the 3rd line and is a PP option as well.

How exactly do you know that everyone in the dressing room likes Bieksa? Pure speculation.

What happens if Bieksa gets injured again????? What-ifs are useless.

They could trade Bieksa right now and our defense would be fine even without Salo. He is not as crucial as you guys make him out to be.

He's also not as non-crucial as you make him out to be.

But I agree...what if's are useless.

He's also not as non-crucial as you make him out to be.

But I agree...what if's are useless.

I don't think he is useless and have never said that at all. I just don't think the defensive fibre of the team will be destroyed if he gets traded like many clueless supporters are saying.

He is still an average defensive defenseman, even with his improvement. It's not like he is all of a sudden the defensive master of the team or anything. His defensive play has actually started tailing off a bit as well other than in a couple of the last 10 games or so.

If there is a way to keep him and everyone else, I would be all for it (not beyond this season, imo). I would rather see him not be our top defensive go-to guy in AV's world though (seriously AV, lay down the crack pipe PLEASE......Bieksa is not very good at defending one goal leads late in games, for example) and he really should be lower than 20 min to be most effective.

It's not like we don't have the other guys that could take some of those defensive minutes and be just as effective with them.

Is he a solid piece? Yes. Is he the defensive center of the defense and irreplaceable? Absolutely not.

I don't think he is useless and have never said that at all. I just don't think the defensive fibre of the team will be destroyed if he gets traded like many clueless supporters are saying.

Not completely useless, right?

He is still an average defensive defenseman, even with his improvement. It's not like he is all of a sudden the defensive master of the team or anything. His defensive play has actually started tailing off a bit as well other than in a couple of the last 10 games or so.

Tailing off? It's been getting progressively better! I suppose Ballard is a defensive juggernaught, right?

Just wow, Wally.

If there is a way to keep him and everyone else, I would be all for it (not beyond this season, imo). I would rather see him not be our top defensive go-to guy in AV's world though (seriously AV, lay down the crack pipe PLEASE......Bieksa is not very good at defending one goal leads late in games, for example) and he really should be lower than 20 min to be most effective.

We'll see if there is a way....plausible, but again, not probable. And please stop blaming AV...it's the most cliche gripe on CDC besides "It's Bieksa's Fault" or "Trade Luongo"(or other derivations of "Luongo sucks")

And just a reminder...it takes 6 guys on the ice at any given time to effectively defend a 1 goal lead....not just Bieksa.

It's not like we don't have the other guys that could take some of those defensive minutes and be just as effective with them.

Is he a solid piece? Yes. Is he the defensive center of the defense and irreplaceable? Absolutely not.

If they are just as effective as Bieksa, why don't we just trade them? You know like trading Ballard and his limited NTC, or a combo of Alberts and Rome or Alberts and a forward. They aren't anymore integral to this team, honestly.

I don't think anyone explicitly or implicitly said Bieksa was the defensive center of this team, no irreplaceable. Except for a few of the hyperbolic pro Juice guys....but certainly not any regular moderates in this thread. By the way, no one on this team is irreplaceable, outside of the Sedins....and maybe Luongo....but I could makea case or his replaceablitity if I chose to.

Not completely useless, right?

Tailing off? It's been getting progressively better! I suppose Ballard is a defensive juggernaught, right?

Just wow, Wally.

We'll see if there is a way....plausible, but again, not probable. And please stop blaming AV...it's the most cliche gripe on CDC besides "It's Bieksa's Fault" or "Trade Luongo"(or other derivations of "Luongo sucks")

And just a reminder...it takes 6 guys on the ice at any given time to effectively defend a 1 goal lead....not just Bieksa.

If they are just as effective as Bieksa, why don't we just trade them? You know like trading Ballard and his limited NTC, or a combo of Alberts and Rome or Alberts and a forward. They aren't anymore integral to this team, honestly.

I don't think anyone explicitly or implicitly said Bieksa was the defensive center of this team, no irreplaceable. Except for a few of the hyperbolic pro Juice guys....but certainly not any regular moderates in this thread. By the way, no one on this team is irreplaceable, outside of the Sedins....and maybe Luongo....but I could makea case or his replaceablitity if I chose to.

I have never said he is useless at all.

Actually, his stats tell a different story. Ballard is a much better shot blocker and hitter. Is he a defensive juggernaut on this team? No. Has he been given any chance to show whether or not he can actually be one? No.

The AV argument is used a lot because it is valid, no matter what anyone says. There are not many contending teams with a deep defense like ours who would be playing Bieksa 22-24 minutes per game. I can't even think of one.

Yes, it takes 6 guys to defend a one goal lead. Just like there are several examples where a bad defensive play (like a bad pinch or a brutal shot block attempt) by Bieksa directly led to blowing a lead. Since he has the misfortune of doing it more than most in key situations and high profile games (like against CHI in the playoffs) it is more noticeable and more disastrous to the team.

Ballard is better than Bieksa (when given the chance to be). Anyone who has watched both play their entire careers would agree with this. I don't think he is irreplaceable at all though and have always said he is an optioin to be traded. There are many reasons why I doubt it will happen this season though. The limited NTC is one reason as it will limit what MG could get for Ballard. Plus, he just gave up a lot to get him. Is he really going to trade him to keep a pending UFA when he has no real chance of getting back at least what he paid? I doubt it. Plus, his cap hit may be high, but it is also a known amount for several more years. Gillis is big on cost certainty. No one knows what Bieksa is going to expect as a UFA or to extend. People are hopeful that he will take a huge discount to stay. I highly doubt that.

Trading Alberts, Rome, or Parent is moot because they do not solve the cap issues by themselves. Trading all of them is just retarded.

Bieksa is the most replaceable piece on the team right now that can also actually alleviate the cap issues. If a high priced forward goes, who replaces them? If Ehrhoff goes, who replaces his offensive prowess and fills the role of a true offensive dman? Not Bieksa. Edler and Hamhuis are untouchable, at least this season.

There are really not any options I can see that are less complicated that will have less overall impact on the team than moving Bieksa.

Oh good, it sounds like BXa finally got the lead out of his ass and put it in his hand. lol

Translation:

Someone (or several someones, actually) called out something I posted earlier and proved it totally wrong, so now I'm going to follow it up with a lame joke, (punctuated with the requisite "lol", so everyone knows how funny I think I am) to cover for the fact that I was just made to look like an complete idiot.

Translation:

Someone (or several someones, actually) called out something I posted earlier and proved it totally wrong, so now I'm going to follow it up with a lame joke, (punctuated with the requisite "lol", so everyone knows how funny I think I am) to cover for the fact that I was just made to look like an complete idiot.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong and being an ass. You are one toad your mom should have wallowed in the mud

oh snap

edited for sampy's sake

Archived