The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

he had about a minute of ice time more than Ballard, but less than Hamhuis and Edler. But hey, your analysis isn't totally wrong. He did have a lot more ice time than Ehrhoff. :rolleyes:

Funny that we haven't seen you and your scintillating insight around here for quite some time...

Wrong (as usual) on the second goal. Go back and watch it again. Bieksa has his feet chopped out from under him by Dominic Moore.

The 4th goal I will grant that he didn't play Stamkos very well, however, SS is the 2nd leading scorer in the NHL. It's expected that he make plays like that. Meanwhile noted sniper Teddy Purcell was open as a result of a lazy backcheck by Hansen, and scored on a shot that Schneider should have had.

Bieksa isn't blameless on that goal, but assigning him all of the blame for it shows how little you understand about the game.

I couldn't agree more!

Bieksa's feet were clearly chopped by Moore and only a blind hater who likes to make things up like the rest of the fools would say that goal was his fault.

The other goal was clearly a result of a forward not covering his man out front leaving the lightening forward wide open this just can't happen.

What i don't get is why Bieksa gets crucified every little error even if its made up and Edler gets a free pass all the time. Edler missed a check on the tap in goal that Schneider let sneak through last night and did't look good all game making several blunders and has had his fair share of bad games all season making mistakes on plenty of goals against.

Anyway Bieksa made several good to great plays last night that go unnoticed by some but thankfully the coaches and GM notice and its up to them Bieksa is on this team not the idiotic haters.

I have been happy with Bieksa all season and appreciate all the good things he does for the team.

Bieksa is having a very solid season and is a key contributor to the teams success that's the truth.

didn't play Stamkos very well? Nope he didn't play him at all, but he really punished the boards for being in his way. That goal scoring chance was all Bieksa, again he didn't give Stamkos the respect he deserves and went for the hit instead of merely closing the gap while staying between the puck and the net.

I'd love to have a gif of Boom boom's big hit on the boards, lol.

For a guy who claims to know a lot about hockey, (yes, I remember you coaching all those guys who made it to the Dub) you don't understand defensive zone coverage very well. Every player on the ice has a responsibility. Hansen and Schneider were both as derelict as was Bieksa.

For a guy who claims to know a lot about hockey, (yes, I remember you coaching all those guys who made it to the Dub) you don't understand defensive zone coverage very well. Every player on the ice has a responsibility. Hansen and Schneider were both as derelict as was Bieksa.

Huh? If Bieksa had of done his job properly, there never would have been a play for Stamkos to make.

On that play, Bieksa was not unlike a first responder to an accident scene, only instead of helping, he crashed the ambulance. That play started with Bieksa's gaffe, he lit the fiire that neither Hansen or Schneider could put out.

Huh? If Bieksa had of done his job properly, there never would have been a play for Stamkos to make.

On that play, Bieksa was not unlike a first responder to an accident scene, only instead of helping, he crashed the ambulance. That play started with Bieksa's gaffe, he lit the fiire that neither Hansen or Schneider could put out.

So why do we even need a goalie? If the defense are responsible for ensuring that no pass in the defensive zone is ever completed, there should be zero shots on goal.

Bieksa isn't blameless on that play, but he's not alone.

The new and improved defensive stalwart Kevin Bieksa! Since he can't put up points any more, time to change the arguement, of course. And don't look now, but in his 5 games, C Schneider is creeping up on #3 in the scoring turtle derby.

Tampa goal #2: Bieksa falls down unhindered like an invalid in front of Schneider, taking our goalie's skates out. Brett Clark: "Yikes! Where'd that empty net come from? Thank you, Big Kevin!"

Tampa goal #4: Bieksa decides to body check the glass, conveniently allowing Stamkos to have the time to make a nice pass to an open man in the slot.

Hey, but everyone makes mistakes. Boom Boom'll get 'em next game!

if you re-watch the second goal you will see that a tampa player took a swing at the bouncing puck, missed and took out bieksa's right foot . therefore causing him to fall into the goalie, you could make an arguement for a penalty even , but either way it's not an "at fault play" really , it would be more like a bad bounce.

Was at the game.

It wasnt Juice's best effort...for every brain cramp, he matched it with some sound play.

And honestly...anyone since last night criticizing him, i will refuse to quote you all, have no goddamned idea what you are talking about.

Its seeing games live that sometimes makes threads like this so useless, unless you actually have a full idea what you are talking about.

There were 2 specific Bieksa 'things', i had a problem with....missing the check on Stammer.....but the thing was Hammer or whoever it was as the last forward back, absolutely missed their assignment. There is no way a trailer should have been allowed a look.

The other play was just funny to me....it was a goofy pass to Hammer that ended up in his skates.

Other than that he was alright....at least Hammer was a bit better last night than the game before.

Me likee that AA guy.

I don't care who the player is, that missed hit/overcommitment by Bieksa directly led to that goal and was a big contributing factor in it for sure.

I don't think anything is ever 100% one player's fault, but the lion's share of the blame on that one goes to Bieksa. Some blame for lazy backchecking goes to the other guys and Schneider didn't look particularly good on the shot, but neither would have been an issue without the really big Bieksa mistake.

The real mistake was using Bieksa to shut down Stamkos in the first place. Bad coaching there.

Like every other dman on the team other than Alberts, Hamhuis has only looked like he was playing his game and living up to what he needs to be for this team when he was not paired with Bieksa.

Anyone who is objective will see that the constant Bieksa mistakes are taking a toll on Hamhuis who is struggling to constantly cover for them rather than playing his game.

As I have said many times before, Bieksa makes his defense partners worse, not better. This is in stark contrast to Salo, who makes anyone he plays with better.

Here's hoping Salo will be back soon and Bieksa will be traded. The huge improvement in Ballard the last half dozen games or so is encouraging. It, combined with Alberts solid play and Rome as an adequate fill in on the 3rd pairing, is fast making Bieksa and his high risk/limited reward play this season expendable.

Say what you want about CANUCKLELION, but this is not a blind hate statement towards Bieksa. This is 100% correct.

WTF? I don't even like Bieksa but I admit he has played very well the last 10-15 games. No reason to be criticizing him at this point, so stop. The lack of foot speed with Alberts and Rome is the concern right now. We will see Salo, Erhoff and hopefully a 4th line that has the same cast of characters game to game before we find consistency.

Like every other dman on the team other than Alberts, Hamhuis has only looked like he was playing his game and living up to what he needs to be for this team when he was not paired with Bieksa.

Anyone who is objective will see that the constant Bieksa mistakes are taking a toll on Hamhuis who is struggling to constantly cover for them rather than playing his game.

As I have said many times before, Bieksa makes his defense partners worse, not better. This is in stark contrast to Salo, who makes anyone he plays with better.

Here's hoping Salo will be back soon and Bieksa will be traded. The huge improvement in Ballard the last half dozen games or so is encouraging. It, combined with Alberts solid play and Rome as an adequate fill in on the 3rd pairing, is fast making Bieksa and his high risk/limited reward play this season expendable.

What the hell is wrong with your head?!!!!!!

Did it escape you that Hammer actually hasnt been playing well the last few games???!!!!!!!!

You blame that on Bieksa???!!!

Holy crapballs.

Unreal.

Cannot even believe i commented on this piece of ignorance.

How do you convince yourself of these things??!!!!

Say what you want about CANUCKLELION, but this is not a blind hate statement towards Bieksa. This is 100% correct.

Not all Bieksa's fault on that play.

Seriously...watch clips.

And watch them again.

Watch them again,while missing the check was comical, place blame on the players above the goal line.

I like you ....but you are just now absolutely out to lunch.

And you are full of it. :(

Was at the game.

It wasnt Juice's best effort...for every brain cramp, he matched it with some sound play.

And honestly...anyone since last night criticizing him, i will refuse to quote you all, have no goddamned idea what you are talking about.

Its seeing games live that sometimes makes threads like this so useless, unless you actually have a full idea what you are talking about.

There were 2 specific Bieksa 'things', i had a problem with....missing the check on Stammer.....but the thing was Hammer or whoever it was as the last forward back, absolutely missed their assignment. There is no way a trailer should have been allowed a look.

The other play was just funny to me....it was a goofy pass to Hammer that ended up in his skates.

Other than that he was alright....at least Hammer was a bit better last night than the game before.

Me likee that AA guy.

Agree with you completely. Yes Bieksa should have cut Stamkos off more effectively but plenty of other issues on that play. Last time I looked 5 guys are responsible for the D-Zone coverage. Thought it was more a shifty play from Stamkos than Bieksa's fault. The other play people are referring to is Bieksa putting the puck in Hammer's skates. Actually Hammer's fault as he skates into the passing lane as Bieksa tries a stretch pass.

It wasn't Bieksa's best effort on the night but most of the people on here like CanuckLion and wallstreetamigo don't really know what they are talking about. Like sharing all the chat from the locker room with their buddies on their Div 13 hockey team. Me, I'll stick with the opinions of the expert coaching staff and the teammates that feel he is a valuable member of this team.

Last night's loss was the result of a lot of sloppy listless play for the first two periods. Our two superstar twins and Burrows were horrid in our end last night. Don't see all these "CDC experts" throwing them under the bus.

Thought it was more a shifty play from Stamkos than Bieksa's fault.

Actually Hammer's fault as he skates into the passing lane as Bieksa tries a stretch pass.

I don't get why even the most obvious of errors are somehow tried to be justified.

Bieksa got owned by Stamkos, no ifs ands or buts. Hansen should have been harder on the backcheck but that's another issue.

Hammer's fault because he skated into the lane? :lol:

Bieksa could leave the puck behind the net and go for a change while the opposing team would grab the puck and score and it would be AV's fault for calling a change.

I don't get why even the most obvious of errors are somehow tried to be justified.

Bieksa got owned by Stamkos, no ifs ands or buts. Hansen should have been harder on the backcheck but that's another issue.

Hammer's fault because he skated into the lane? :lol:

Bieksa could leave the puck behind the net and go for a change while the opposing team would grab the puck and score and it would be AV's fault for calling a change.

Huh??!!!!

It wasnt an obvious error...he missed, comically i might add, that check...but had it worked, it would have been the safe play from where Stammer was positioned.

Its a tough choice for a defenceman.....its what makes the Sedins so hard to play against, do you shut down Hank, or shadow the wingers???!!!!

Actually Bieksa owned himself...he missed the check. ;)

Hansen missed his assignment pure and simple....Hammer could have committed but that would be terrible coverage if the trailer would have had the prescence of mind to tap the puck to the Lightning player that Hammer could have left.

Like i said...Bieksa missed that check....but the players above the goaline missed their assignments...pure and simple.

But hey.....whatever.

Huh??!!!!

It wasnt an obvious error...he missed, comically i might add, that check...but had it worked, it would have been the safe play from where Stammer was positioned.

Its a tough choice for a defenceman.....its what makes the Sedins so hard to play against, do you shut down Hank, or shadow the wingers???!!!!

Actually Bieksa owned himself...he missed the check. ;)

Hansen missed his assignment pure and simple....Hammer could have committed but that would be terrible coverage if the trailer would have had the prescence of mind to tap the puck to the Lightning player that Hammer could have left.

Like i said...Bieksa missed that check....but the players above the goaline missed their assignments...pure and simple.

But hey.....whatever.

Whatever happened in the slot is another issue, I believe it was Hansen's fault as he was standing right beside the guy. I'm just explaining to the homer up there how Stamkos' move doesn't exactly remove Bieksa from fault, it was a pretty obvious error.

Not all Bieksa's fault on that play.

Seriously...watch clips.

And watch them again.

Watch them again,while missing the check was comical, place blame on the players above the goal line.

I like you ....but you are just now absolutely out to lunch.

And you are full of it. :(

When did I (or CANUCKLELION in the post I refer to) say it was ALL Bieksa's fault? As I mentioned in my other post, blame can be assigned to the backcheckers and to Schneider to a certain degree, but the initial mistake by Bieksa led to that goal. Without his bad mistake, nothing would have come of that play.

Agree with you completely. Yes Bieksa should have cut Stamkos off more effectively but plenty of other issues on that play. Last time I looked 5 guys are responsible for the D-Zone coverage. Thought it was more a shifty play from Stamkos than Bieksa's fault. The other play people are referring to is Bieksa putting the puck in Hammer's skates. Actually Hammer's fault as he skates into the passing lane as Bieksa tries a stretch pass.

It wasn't Bieksa's best effort on the night but most of the people on here like CanuckLion and wallstreetamigo don't really know what they are talking about. Like sharing all the chat from the locker room with their buddies on their Div 13 hockey team. Me, I'll stick with the opinions of the expert coaching staff and the teammates that feel he is a valuable member of this team.

Last night's loss was the result of a lot of sloppy listless play for the first two periods. Our two superstar twins and Burrows were horrid in our end last night. Don't see all these "CDC experts" throwing them under the bus.

Actually, you don't know what you are talking about. I never said Bieksa was 100% at fault for the goal. I said his mistake (and it was a huge one) is what led to any possibility of other mistakes on the play. That is actually a fact. Without the terrible D by Bieksa, there would be no goal. Anyone who denies that actually doesn't know what they are talking about.

Bieksa was flat out terrible all around last night even outside of this huge blunder.

What the hell is wrong with your head?!!!!!!

Did it escape you that Hammer actually hasnt been playing well the last few games???!!!!!!!!

You blame that on Bieksa???!!!

Holy crapballs.

Unreal.

Cannot even believe i commented on this piece of ignorance.

How do you convince yourself of these things??!!!!

I blame Bieksa for the fact that his free wheeling (with no actual positive result coming from it in terms of offense) leaves Hamhuis to play reaction hockey and to cover for mistakes most of the time when he is out with Bieksa. His wandering in his own zone (doing it again tonight a bunch of times against EDM too) leaves Hamhuis with few options.

Mark my words, if Bieksa gets traded, you will almost immediately see an improvement in Hamhuis' play and in the overall defensive play of this defense.

Bieksa is an overall liability and his defensive play has been getting progressively worse for several games now, with an odd good game thrown in there.

Archived