The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

For the record, I'm okay with moving Bieksa (preferably to the eastern conf) for picks and/or prospects. We have to shed salary, but the last thing I want to see is an asset wasted on another guy to challenge for the "coveted" 4th line center spot.

The guys who I have a problem with are quite simply, the ones who don't see kevin Bieksa as an asset. There are many of them, which is one reason I spend so much time in this thread.

And this.

In fact I could see a bigger trade happening if bigger piece of the puzzle is deemed to be missing. IE if a premier #1 Dman was made available etc

Simply trading Bieksa for a decent player brings the issue of cap coming back. Trading him for a bag of pucks, 9th round pick, 4th liner/Ahler does nothing for us this year.

It would be nice if we could keep Bieksa AND Salo

Ehrhoff Edler

Hamhuis Ballard

Bieksa Salo

That is a sick top 6!

Ways we could shed cap space:

Raymond - 2.5

Samuelsson - 2.6

Alberts - 1.1

Rome - 700,000

Torres - 1

Schneder - .9

To Tampa

Raymond

Alberts

Schneider

To Vancouver

Purcell - 1.75 saved

B. Jones - 1.1 saved (Moose or Bolduc replacement)

2nd or 3rd round pick

Total saved: approx 3 million

Then trade Tyler Weiman & 6th round pick to Montreal for Curtis Sanford & 7th round pick

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Tambellini Kesler Purcell

Torres Malhotra Samuelsson

Glass Bolduc/Jones Hansen

Ehrhoff Edler

Hamhuis Ballard

Bieksa Salo

Rome Parent

Luongo

Sanford

I don't know how anyone in their right mind can suggest that Bieksa wasn't largely responsible for that play turning out as a goal.

Yeah..well, im a defenceman, which means crap to shinola here....especially when you want to unfairly whip a player named Bieksa.

Fact of the matter is...you have 2 camps made up of very different sets of people.

Now...ive actually seen him play....i mean i really saw him play...and the "Bieksa-apologists-lovers" or whatever silly tag you want to label us has, have a different camp of folks.

Me playing Hockey really means nothing....but being an absolute observer of the fundamentals serves me well.

What is total comedy hour is that in my camp, we may have a a few true pros, and a few like me who have watched the game enough to actually make an objective say on the matter.

The absolute funny thing is....even when the "Bieksa-lovers-apologists" even make some type of amends that there was a weak game by Juice, nothing is ever really said. And i am pleased that most (not counting me because i think most of your haters are so full of doggy do-do, and generally grasp so goddamned hard at straws) have been gentlemanly in their approach to you all....

But really....the most comedic thing is that most of you have predestined that Bieksa sucks so fricking hard, because you knew he had to be moved...much before Salo came down with his idiot injury.

But you ride on an injury riddled campaign.....and keep on riding it to the point that you cannot differentiate between a good effort and an out and out lousy one makes this thread moot.

You are the same clowns that thought the franchise should sign Cammy and J-Bow over the Twins, in Daniel and Henrik's last off season here.

You are the same braintrusts that thought Naslund does not deserves our respect.

You are the same types that feels that Torres doesnt do enough.

Same guys that thinks, despite getting the best out of all of the players that have been provided to him, that AV should be dismissed.

And the best thing of all??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have no goddamned idea what the hell you are talking about, because you have ZERO objectivity.

Its pretty fricking easy to throw anyone remotely tied to this franchise under the bus and trust me...i rarely use that cliche...but all you haters...or wait....MODERATES, drink cliches like it was heroin.

You know...even weak Hockey markets are not as boorish as most of you.

Christ.....even the LA Kings forum support Doughty...and he is making Bieksa look like a frigging god.

Seriously...does it take Don Taylor to actually make you watch the game as it is meant to be watched????!!!!!!!!

I am glad to be a part of this thread just to remind the guys that believe their own brand of bullsh!, that you look so goddammed stupid....and seriously...the haters do look that stupid.

When Salo is ready,,,,one of 2 will be moved.

Be happy that we have a RH puck-moving defenceman-one healing-and one active....because most leanrned Hockey minds will tell you it is a boon to the team.

Again.....we do not have Steve McCarthy on our team anymore,

Stop acting like we do.

Effing children.....ill pat my own self righteous back when i supported Naslund, Bert, Baron, Sopel, Clouts, Edler, Alberts, Kesler(hands of stone) The Twins..etc.etc.

Most of you wouldnt recognize help to a Hockey franchise if it sat on your goddamned face and said "make me__"

Wallow in your narrow view of Kevin Bieksa.

When He is gone...in 2-3 years time, you same people will be whining as always as to why Gillis didnt draft a RH, gritty, puck moving defenceman. (Oh...im just sooooo waiting for someone to thow out some prospect that will never make the team thats a RH shot.)

Yeah...its a rant...and i dont care, as much as i will never care about most of you talking out of your rectums.

The next time Bieksa has a horrid game...i am more than happy to let you know.

But then again...thats all you ever look for, the crap...and never the sugar.

Who put him on LTIR by the way....

MG and his cronies so that they can subtract some of his salary from the cap.....

You're right you're no cap expert. :lol:

Injuries, long term or otherwise, do not get subtracted from the cap or save cap space. You can replace a player on LTIR with up to that players salary even if it puts you over the cap limit. The only cap relief is the amount that exceeds the cap limit.

From the start of the season we have been over the cap limit. Which is to say, after cap relief, we've been at the cap maximum all season.

You're right you're no cap expert. :lol:

Injuries, long term or otherwise, do not get subtracted from the cap or save cap space. You can replace a player on LTIR with up to that players salary even if it puts you over the cap limit. The only cap relief is the amount that exceeds the cap limit.

From the start of the season we have been over the cap limit. Which is to say, after cap relief, we've been at the cap maximum all season.

sorry!!!

hahaha

well I knew there was something there!! - Salo's contract does not count until he comes back right?

And is is pro rated so that if he comes back half way thru only half his cap counts toward the total?

sorry!!!

hahaha

well I knew there was something there!! - Salo's contract does not count until he comes back right?

And is is pro rated so that if he comes back half way thru only half his cap counts toward the total?

Salos counts.

You can go over the cap for the duration he's out by the amount of his contract.

Salos counts.

You can go over the cap for the duration he's out by the amount of his contract.

Thanks!!

So A move needs to happen is what you are saying.

Salo is a great player, but he scares me big time. Anyone see that movie "Unbreakable" - two words - Sam Jackson.

What about moving Salo?

Bieksa IMO is actually playing better this season. I also think that AV believes it as well.

He is getting roughly 22 minutes a game http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112VANSASAll&sort=avgTOIPerGame&viewName=timeOnIce

I bet this new pairing of Hamhuis and Bieks will work out great!!

Thanks!!

So A move needs to happen is what you are saying.

Salo is a great player, but he scares me big time. Anyone see that movie "Unbreakable" - two words - Sam Jackson.

What about moving Salo?

Bieksa IMO is actually playing better this season. I also think that AV believes it as well.

He is getting roughly 22 minutes a game http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112VANSASAll&sort=avgTOIPerGame&viewName=timeOnIce

I bet this new pairing of Hamhuis and Bieks will work out great!!

Barring other injuries etc yes it looks like someone will have to be moved.

Salos injury issues may be a consideration moving forward.

Then you and I are in agreement.

However, the likes of CANUCKELION, Tatoes and even Wallstreet, who claims to "defend" Bieksa on occasion disagree with us.

As I have said many times, if Gillis and Gilman can come up with a way to keep Bieksa that does not involve shipping out someone better or decimating depth, I would have no issue with that. Unfortunately, the cap situation is what it is and all else being equal Bieksa is the player who can be traded who:

1. Clears up the cap issue himself without decimating team depth (ie. trading Samuelsson + others) or without getting rid of a better player (ie. Ehrhoff or Edler).

2. Has skills that are either already adequately replaced or are easily replaceable by others already on this team.

3. Is a UFA who likely won't fit salary wise on this team next season.

4. Does not have a NTC.

Why you keep trying to lump me in with people who simply want him gone for the sake of it is beyond me. There are valid reasons he is (and should be) the likely choice to go if and when the time comes.

^^

LOL

Kinda like:

"Trade that BUM Bieksa for Hedman + 1st"

People tend to contradict themselves sometimes..

It's a question of which ones are the less informed: Those who suggest the trade above, or those who suggest trading him "for a bag of pucks". :rolleyes:

Cue the "that doesn't mean anything because AV plays favorites" crowd.

As I have said many times, if Gillis and Gilman can come up with a way to keep Bieksa that does not involve shipping out someone better or decimating depth, I would have no issue with that. Unfortunately, the cap situation is what it is and all else being equal Bieksa is the player who can be traded who:

1. Clears up the cap issue himself without decimating team depth (ie. trading Samuelsson + others) or without getting rid of a better player (ie. Ehrhoff or Edler).

2. Has skills that are either already adequately replaced or are easily replaceable by others already on this team.

3. Is a UFA who likely won't fit salary wise on this team next season.

4. Does not have a NTC.

Why you keep trying to lump me in with people who simply want him gone for the sake of it is beyond me. There are valid reasons he is (and should be) the likely choice to go if and when the time comes.

and in your opinion how can that be done? Spitball some idears with me on this.

Another out-of-the box suggestion...

When Salo is healthy...place him on waivers. NYI picks him up and plays him until Trade Deadline. At Trade Deadline...trade a 2nd round pick for Salo. Trade Deadline is Feb 28th. There will be 19 games remaining for the Canucks. Salo's contract is worth only $810k ($3.5M/82x19=$0.81M) for 19 games. Waive Parent ($900k) and add Salo back into the lineup.

Not sure if this can work...needs the resident CDC capologist to take a look.

Another out-of-the box suggestion...

When Salo is healthy...place him on waivers. NYI picks him up and plays him until Trade Deadline. At Trade Deadline...trade a 2nd round pick for Salo. Trade Deadline is Feb 28th. There will be 19 games remaining for the Canucks. Salo's contract is worth only $810k ($3.5M/82x19=$0.81M) for 19 games. Waive Parent ($900k) and add Salo back into the lineup.

Not sure if this can work...needs the resident CDC capologist to take a look.

If only it were that easy...

Me too Man - It is almost inevitable that KB is going to get moved, but as you say the ppl that call him a bum don't know what they are talking about.

They live inside a bubble where reason and common sense cannot enter, only stubbornness and negativity can.

Its absolutley asinine!!

Frankly if Bxa was a mil /yr player this thread would not have even made it to 3 pages and would have been done months ago, where there is smoke there is fire.

The guy is a bum.

and in your opinion how can that be done? Spitball some idears with me on this.

There are really only a couple of ways it can be done, imo:

1. Salo does not return until the end of the season. Considering he is already starting to skate, how likely is that scenario?

2. Another dman, even Bieksa himself, gets injured and is out until the playoffs. That is a variable that cannot be relied upon though.

Other than that, Bieksa is the best choice to go when it comes time to shed salary for Salo to return. I see no other solution that is easier and better than trading Bieksa for the reasons I have suggested before. To summarize:

1. Trading Edler (best overall D with the most potential) or Hamhuis (NTC) should not even be on the table.

2. Waiving Salo (NTC) is disrespectful to him and a huge waste of an asset when Bieksa could be traded for a return of some kind.

3. Trading Ehrhoff amounts to ditching a true offensive threat and PP quarterback.

4. Trading Ballard (limited NTC) means a loss of the punishing hitting and shot blocking this team always seems to lack in the playoffs. Plus, he is showing there is some offensive upside there as well. He also has a limited NTC as I said, limiting the available trade options.

5. Samuelsson + someone else not only depletes depth but there is really no decent replacement available for what Sammy brings. Whether he plays on the 2nd or 3rd line, I see no one in the system or who could fit in cap wise from a trade that would be guaranteed to bring what Sammy does. Especially the proven ability to step up in the playoffs. A similar argument about replacements could be put forward for any other forward (Raymond, Torres, etc.). Who replaces them?

Archived