The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

You are the biggest moron to post on these boards.

Look at these stats and re-evaluate.

Bieksa Team goals against: 28 (most on team) Bieksa Team goals for: 29 Overal goals for VS goals against: +1

Edler Team goals against: 25 Edler Team goals for: 44 Overal goals for VS goals against: +19

Elder sure must cost the nucks a lot of wins...

A very obvious news flash for you!

Edlers #'s would be and should be far above Bieksa's due to the fact that he gets all the 5 on 5 and PP time with the Sedins.

Almost all of Edlers good stats are earned by the Sedins not Edler but don't let that get in the way of yet another foolish post.

There are really only a couple of ways it can be done, imo:

1. Salo does not return until the end of the season. Considering he is already starting to skate, how likely is that scenario?

2. Another dman, even Bieksa himself, gets injured and is out until the playoffs. That is a variable that cannot be relied upon though.

Other than that, Bieksa is the best choice to go when it comes time to shed salary for Salo to return. I see no other solution that is easier and better than trading Bieksa for the reasons I have suggested before. To summarize:

1. Trading Edler (best overall D with the most potential) or Hamhuis (NTC) should not even be on the table.

2. Waiving Salo (NTC) is disrespectful to him and a huge waste of an asset when Bieksa could be traded for a return of some kind.

3. Trading Ehrhoff amounts to ditching a true offensive threat and PP quarterback.

4. Trading Ballard (limited NTC) means a loss of the punishing hitting and shot blocking this team always seems to lack in the playoffs. Plus, he is showing there is some offensive upside there as well. He also has a limited NTC as I said, limiting the available trade options.

5. Samuelsson + someone else not only depletes depth but there is really no decent replacement available for what Sammy brings. Whether he plays on the 2nd or 3rd line, I see no one in the system or who could fit in cap wise from a trade that would be guaranteed to bring what Sammy does. Especially the proven ability to step up in the playoffs. A similar argument about replacements could be put forward for any other forward (Raymond, Torres, etc.). Who replaces them?

damn internet, i just spent 30mins writing back a well thought out reply to this and internet craped out as soon as i pushed save.....

ahhhhh

ok

1. i never thought they would trade allen either.. i thought he had a lot of promise.. so never say never.. but in this case i agree he probably won't go..hamhuis either.

2. agreed salo is either coming back retiring or gets re injured... waiving him is not an option.

3. there is no argument to ehrhoffs offensive upside... but he does show alack of commitment on the defensive end of his game... he is out of position and loses his check quite often... and when the physical play picks up he disappears....so there is a possibility that they would want to replace him if a good offer comes in...

4. i don't think ballard is going anywhere.. his last hand full of games have been pretty good. and we need to have hitting dmen.. so i don't see him going..

5. as much as i like samuelson, i would not be opposed to him going. for the simple fact that tamby has looked good with kes and raymond... and if he starts to trail off i would give glass a chance on the 2nd line.

i could see a trade with ehrhoff and samuelson. which would not really hurt us in the long run... or just a simple trade for bieksa... who knows.. but i don't think we should limit us to one trade and one trade only... mg will do what ever he sees best for the team..

actually, you are only have right...

goal 2 bieksa is hacked down, watch the replay tampa player hacks his back skate out from under him.... not really his fault

goal 3 ya he missed his check but, no one seems to have noticed the key words there OPEN MAN IN FRONT. so you can blame bieksa all you want for missing the hit... but the real fault is the other d who did not have his check. not bieksa fault...

Actually I pointed out that fact to Barry several pages ago, VW. (It was Dominic Moore, BTW) He didn't have a response then, so I doubt if he does now.

Edlers #'s would be and should be far above Bieksa's due to the fact that he gets all the 5 on 5 and PP time with the Sedins.

Almost all of Edlers good stats are earned by the Sedins not Edler but don't let that get in the way of yet another foolish post.

haha i was wondering when someone else would notice that.

i bet all of his assists or atleast 96% are all a seding goal...

Exactly. Open man in front. Whoever was skating back allowed the open shooter to go in? C'mon..

Actually, both you and vwnuck should go back to page 259 of this thread and have a look at post # 5172. It contains a frame by frame breakdown of Bieksa's defensive breakdown. Have a look at it and you will see H + D is 100% accurate vs half wrong as you say.

You preach like Don Cherry. If your as old as Grapes I'll give you a pass on being this ignorant..

Thats a good rebuttal where is yours?

Preach like Don Cherry??

Good one buddy why don't you explain my post with something better then this garbage?

I know why because you ignore the truth because you have a foolish fetish about hacking down Bieksa that ends up just making you look like a fool.

By the same token, according to your logic almost all of Bieksa's good stats in the past must also have been earned by the Sedins, etc. rather than by him, right?

Why not give Edler some credit? Edler has 18 points this season (on pace for a career high 51 pts). He must have done something to contribute to those, right?

Bieksa has 5 points (on pace for 15 pts - which would be 3 more than his previous career low achieved in 34 games).

One guy is growing and improving offensively while the other is getting much more ineffective offensively. Can you guess which is which? And by the way, Bieksa gets a lot of 5 on 5 time with the top 2 lines, including the Sedins. Edler does not get all of it as you claim.

Actually, both you and vwnuck should go back to page 259 of this thread and have a look at post # 5172. It contains a frame by frame breakdown of Bieksa's defensive breakdown. Have a look at it and you will see H + D is 100% accurate vs half wrong as you say.

Actually v-dub was responding to a post by Barry Wilkins, not H&D. I knew something had to be wrong, because Hank&Dan has never been "100% right" about a single thing on this board.

As far as your frame by frame analysis, it shows nothing but a missed assignment by Bieksa which everyone has already admitted to. It shows absolutely nothing concerning Hansen's missed assignment, which is what both of the guys were referring to.

Nice try at deflection though.

Actually, no. It wasn't.

What difference does that make? At least he is actually contributing points.

Why not go back and take out all of Bieksa's points in the past that were assists on our leading scorer's goals that particular year and see what you are left with. I'm pretty sure the same conclusion would apply. In fact, that applies to a lot of dmen around the league.

Grasping at straws or what.......at the end of the day, at least Edler is actually contributing something other than a salary cap drain like Bieksa.

Actually v-dub was responding to a post by Barry Wilkins, not H&D. I knew something had to be wrong, because Hank&Dan has never been "100% right" about a single thing on this board.

As far as your frame by frame analysis, it shows nothing but a missed assignment by Bieksa which everyone has already admitted to. It shows absolutely nothing concerning Hansen's missed assignment, which is what both of the guys were referring to.

Nice try at deflection though.

Actually, no. It wasn't.

yep, my mistake, I should pay more attention to this thread, darn work keeps getting in the way. lol

Those darn customers/clients.

By the same token, according to your logic almost all of Bieksa's good stats in the past must also have been earned by the Sedins, etc. rather than by him, right?

Why not give Edler some credit? Edler has 18 points this season (on pace for a career high 51 pts). He must have done something to contribute to those, right?

Bieksa has 5 points (on pace for 15 pts - which would be 3 more than his previous career low achieved in 34 games).

One guy is growing and improving offensively while the other is getting much more ineffective offensively. Can you guess which is which? And by the way, Bieksa gets a lot of 5 on 5 time with the top 2 lines, including the Sedins. Edler does not get all of it as you claim.

Given all the chances Edler gets on the PP which is the best in the NHL Edler could have even more if he wasn't always getting shots blocked, letting passes skip over his stick costing us possession in the offensive zone and hitting the net more often he would have a lot more.

Edler could definitely be better then he has from what i have seen.

Edlers 2 goals this season and only 5 last season aren't enough for his ice time and big shot they are disappointing.

Given all the chances Edler gets on the PP which is the best in the NHL Edler could have even more if he wasn't always getting shots blocked, letting passes skip over his stick costing us possession in the offensive zone and hitting the net more often he would have a lot more.

The truth is somewhere between what you and Wally are arguing about, BL.

Edler does have more than half his points from power plays, and he does have more than twice the PP icetime that Bieksa does, but he has shown that he deserves his time with the man advantage, and is in a large way responsible for it's success.

Edlers 2 goals this season and only 5 last season aren't enough for his ice time and big shot they are disappointing.

Honestly, you need to back up a little bit and be objective here. Bieksa is just as guilty of his shots getting blocked (probably more so actually) and he has a notoriously inaccurate shot. Edler's is much harder and more accurate. And while Bieksa is generally really good at holding the line, I'm sure most will admit that he is not perfect and has cost the team at times as well. Ask Crosby......or the Blackhawks.

Tearing Edler and his accomplishments so far this season down in order to make Bieksa look better is only making you look like a fool.

The truth is somewhere between what you and Wally are arguing about, BL.

Edler does have more than half his points from power plays, and he does have more than twice the PP icetime that Bieksa does, but he has shown that he deserves his time with the man advantage, and is in a large way responsible for it's success.

I pretty much agree, Edler's play does not warrant dragging him through the mud in an effort to bolster/sugarcoat Bieksa's poor stats.

If the Nuck's were in a position to move Edler, and they definitely are not, he wouldn't last 30 seconds on the market.

IMO Edler is the most coveted Dman on the team.

so what your saying is bieksa was suposed to take both players? stamkos and the wide open guy in front of the net.... and i did watch the game he got hacked down so i know i am 100% right..

i am not arguing the he missed the hit.. but you are saying he cost us a goal when stamkos passed to a wide open man infront of the net.. showing that our other d left his check...

so bieksa missing the hit did not cost us a goal... guys miss hits all the time..

Yes the truth is the Sedins are so talented they carry Edler for the most part

Here's a few thing that bother me about Edler:

1. Floating in his own zone not retrieving pucks quick enough or chasing opponents fast enough when needed

2. Keepingpucks in on the PP and not letting easy passes get by him all the time.

3. Playing aggressive either hitting or just clearing the net for once like needs to be done

4. Playing with some heart and showing even a wee bit of emotion that he doesn't like or take losing and actually cares.

5. Makes use of and takes better advantage of his hard shot.

6. Doesn't choose right option quite often and lets weak floaters on net just giving away possession and making us win a faceoff and possession again.

7. Getting walked around by forwards on the rush although it seems he has been improving at this.

8. standing in front of our net and not putting enough effort into clearing other players even though he is huge.

9. having no ability to protect teammates in scrums or ever being able to fight because he is a pansy.

I like young Edler and hope he improves but i would have to say it is very clear he is overrated by Canucks fans.

The point of this post is not to just cut down Edler its to point out Edler has many deficiencies in his game that the Bieksa haters would be and are all over him for.

If the Nuck's were in a position to move Edler, and they definitely are not, he wouldn't last 30 seconds on the market.

IMO Edler is the most coveted Dman on the team.

I agree. ***looks around for the four riders of the apocalypse***

Although he does occasionally make mistakes, Edler is pretty much untouchable as far as I'm concerned. I would also be loath to give up Hamhuis.

Archived