The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Bieksa got hacked down on the Stamkos play?

No. It was on the Brett Clark PPG. It was a little hard to see at regular speed. At first, it looked like KB just fell down in his own crease, giving Clark a free look.

On replay, you can see that Dominic Moore chops him in the back of the skate blade before he goes down.

so what your saying is bieksa was suposed to take both players? stamkos and the wide open guy in front of the net.... and i did watch the game he got hacked down so i know i am 100% right..

There was nobody open when BXa had position on Stamkos. Bieksa then chose to give up, what was sound positioning and risk a hit that, if missed, would give Stamkos a free pass to the net or anyone going to the net. The latter happened and frankly even if Hansen had Purcell covered, Stamkos still had a scoring opportunity himself.

As usual BXa appeared so full of himself that he either didn't recognize Stamkos or worse, just didn't give him the respect he deserves.

Yes the truth is the Sedins are so talented they carry Edler for the most part

Here's a few thing that bother me about Edler:

1. Floating in his own zone not retrieving pucks quick enough or chasing opponents fast enough when needed

2. Keepingpucks in on the PP and not letting easy passes get by him all the time.

3. Playing aggressive either hitting or just clearing the net for once like needs to be done

4. Playing with some heart and showing even a wee bit of emotion that he doesn't like or take losing and actually cares.

5. Makes use of and takes better advantage of his hard shot.

6. Doesn't choose right option quite often and lets weak floaters on net just giving away possession and making us win a faceoff and possession again.

7. Getting walked around by forwards on the rush although it seems he has been improving at this.

8. standing in front of our net and not putting enough effort into clearing other players even though he is huge.

9. having no ability to protect teammates in scrums or ever being able to fight because he is a pansy.

I like young Edler and hope he improves but i would have to say it is very clear he is overrated by Canucks fans.

ya those are all things that drive me nuts about him... people seem to turn a blind eye to edlers short comings... he has the potentional to improve but so far he has not yet.... it drives me nuts when he blasts shots that you can see are going to be bloked.. yet bieksa gets critized for dumping the puck behind the net when he doesn't have a shooting lane...

Actually I pointed out that fact to Barry several pages ago, VW. (It was Dominic Moore, BTW) He didn't have a response then, so I doubt if he does now.

Bieksa fell down. If he falls down that easily, it's no wonder opponents hack his skates. It works. I remember Sami Salo hacking at an opponent's skates in front of his own net last year. He did it repeatedly, and with force. The opponent (can't remember who it was now) staggered but maintained position in front of the net, though he was thrown off balance at times.

Bieksa has poor balance, and is small. Put those two things together and you have a roaming Titanic out there. Opponents' sticks are the many icebergs just waiting to prey on the weak hull (not Bobby).

ya those are all things that drive me nuts about him... people seem to turn a blind eye to edlers short comings... he has the potentional to improve but so far he has not yet.... it drives me nuts when he blasts shots that you can see are going to be bloked.. yet bieksa gets critized for dumping the puck behind the net when he doesn't have a shooting lane...

Bieksa doesn't skate particularly well, nor have size, he doesn't have a decent shot and plays like he has had one too many concussions. lol

Yes the truth is the Sedins are so talented they carry Edler for the most part

Here's a few thing that bother me about Edler:

1. Floating in his own zone not retrieving pucks quick enough or chasing opponents fast enough when needed

2. Keepingpucks in on the PP and not letting easy passes get by him all the time.

3. Playing aggressive either hitting or just clearing the net for once like needs to be done

4. Playing with some heart and showing even a wee bit of emotion that he doesn't like or take losing and actually cares.

5. Makes use of and takes better advantage of his hard shot.

6. Doesn't choose right option quite often and lets weak floaters on net just giving away possession and making us win a faceoff and possession again.

7. Getting walked around by forwards on the rush although it seems he has been improving at this.

8. standing in front of our net and not putting enough effort into clearing other players even though he is huge.

9. having no ability to protect teammates in scrums or ever being able to fight because he is a pansy.

I like young Edler and hope he improves but i would have to say it is very clear he is overrated by Canucks fans.

The point of this post is not to just cut down Edler its to point out Edler has many deficiencies in his game that the Bieksa haters would be and are all over him for.

Almost every "criticism" on your list could also be used to describe Bieksa....other than #2 (some of the time though not always) and #9 (Bieksa can fight).

Ask ANY GM in the league to pick which one they would take if they had their choice and I bet every one would say Edler.

There was nobody open when BXa had position on Stamkos. Bieksa then chose to give up, what was sound positioning and risk a hit that, if missed, would give Stamkos a free pass to the net or anyone going to the net. The latter happened and frankly even if Hansen had Purcell covered, Stamkos still had a scoring opportunity himself.

As usual BXa appeared so full of himself that he either didn't recognize Stamkos or worse, just didn't give him the respect he deserves.

This post would have been more than fair if you had just omitted the bolded parts. It might even make more people on the board take you seriously.

Bieksa fell down. If he falls down that easily, it's no wonder opponents hack his skates. It works. I remember Sami Salo hacking at an opponent's skates in front of his own net last year. He did it repeatedly, and with force. The opponent (can't remember who it was now) staggered but maintained position in front of the net, though he was thrown off balance at times.

Bieksa has poor balance, and is small. Put those two things together and you have a roaming Titanic out there. Opponents' sticks are the many icebergs just waiting to prey on the weak hull (not Bobby).

Spoken like someone who's never played. It takes very little to knock someone down with a tap to the back of the skate blade, especially when they don't expect it.

Covering your mistaken earlier post with ignorance isn't a step forward.

Hahaha now he falls down easy after a hack in the skates and its his fault unbelievable!

You haters are always grasping at straws like canucklion going on and on about 1 Bieksa mistake a teammate could have and should have helped him out on against one of the most skilled players to play the game right now!

i thought you said you had played hockey.?.. i was all ways taught when i guys tries to carry the puck behind the net you angle them off until they run out of ice which was what bieksa was doing...you don't let a guy skate untouched back out from behind the net... that is back hockey.. bieksa played it right.. he was just burned by a good player...but the fact of the matter is regardless of bieksa missing the hit... the man in front should have been covered....

actually it was hamhuis that let his check go which he should not have, even if bieksa had mantained postion and let stamkos walk back out front the man in front should have been covered...

even avoiding the hit stamkos still was not in a scoring position. thus the pass. by being behind the net bieksa still could have got back into position to stop stamkos from driving the net.. but the fact that there was a wide open man in front.. you can try to blame him all you want, you can justify it all you want by saying the guy was not open until he avoided the hit... the guy was open from the blue line...bieksa actually played it right but got beat... which happens in hockey as you know that is why most games don't end up being 0-0.

This post would have been more than fair if you had just omitted the bolded parts. It might even make more people on the board take you seriously.

Spoken like someone who's never played. It takes very little to knock someone down with a tap to the back of the skate blade, especially when they don't expect it.

Covering your mistaken earlier post with ignorance isn't a step forward.

How do you know I've never played? Your mistaken assumptions are both off-topic and ad hominem, but it's the only tack the Bieksa groupies are able to employ. Sadly predictable.

As for it takes very little to knock someone down, I guess you're unable to read at all. I just mentioned the Salo incident, but if I had the time and inclination, I could have listed many more instances where players try to hack another's skakes in front of the net without effect. But again, the larger point is lost on you. Bieksa is small, and frequently gets bounced to the ice, whether it's by a skate tap, or by a glancing body check, or by his own ineptitude (Bieksa is a good "glider", but he's not smooth in turning, skating backwards, or lateral quickness).

How do you know I've never played? Your mistaken assumptions are both off-topic and ad hominem, but it's the only tack the Bieksa groupies are able to employ. Sadly predictable.

As for it takes very little to knock someone down, I guess you're unable to read at all. I just mentioned the Salo incident, but if I had the time and inclination, I could have listed many more instances where players try to hack another's skakes in front of the net without effect. But again, the larger point is lost on you. Bieksa is small, and frequently gets bounced to the ice, whether it's by a skate tap, or by a glancing body check, or by his own ineptitude (Bieksa is a good "glider", but he's not smooth in turning, skating backwards, or lateral quickness).

Hrmm. Yes. I remember when Bieksa scored 12 goals in one game. I can't remember who it was against or when it was though.

I know you've never played because you think it's hard to take someone's feet out from under him from behind. Either that, or you do know and you're just lying to cover up for how wrong you were on your earlier post.

As for the rest of this drivel, it's just piling new garbage on top of old garbage.

Hahaha now he falls down easy after a hack in the skates and its his fault unbelievable!

You haters are always grasping at straws like canucklion going on and on about 1 Bieksa mistake a teammate could have and should have helped him out on against one of the most skilled players to play the game right now!

its amazing isn't it... now he has no balance... all you have to do is push a guys back skate and it will through them off balance but if all there weight is on that skate they will go down.. no matter how big they are.. or if you are transferring weight from one skate to the other and it get hack you will go down..

No. It was on the Brett Clark PPG. It was a little hard to see at regular speed. At first, it looked like KB just fell down in his own crease, giving Clark a free look.

On replay, you can see that Dominic Moore chops him in the back of the skate blade before he goes down.

ya that is what i thought to he looked like he just fell over but on a second look you see a stick come down on the back of his back skate should have been a penalty but ya.. you can't see it in real time there was no way the refs would have caught that one...

Almost every "criticism" on your list could also be used to describe Bieksa....other than #2 (some of the time though not always) and #9 (Bieksa can fight).

Ask ANY GM in the league to pick which one they would take if they had their choice and I bet every one would say Edler.

Bieksa does quite a few things better then Edler dude and brings more good to the table then given credit for by some.

Edler has a better shot, better reach and better size which all were given to him basically out of birth other then that he isn't much better at anything and worse at others to me its a saw off other then Edlers age.

If we could get lots in return for Edler which we could because he is young and has upside i would consider trading him because of the cap situation if i were MG.

I would rather trade Salo though if we could just because he is always hurt and won't be around much longer although he is far better then Edler for the team when he is healthy.

haha i was wondering when someone else would notice that.

i bet all of his assists or atleast 96% are all a seding goal...

I bet it's less than half.

Keep poping at our best dman though, it sure is making your arguments look dumber than usual vwnuck.

What happened to the Ehrhoff bashing? You're no better than Canucklelion when it comes to trolling.

The sad part is that there are two of you noticing this trend that doesn't exist :lol:

Given all the chances Edler gets on the PP which is the best in the NHL Edler could have even more if he wasn't always getting shots blocked, letting passes skip over his stick costing us possession in the offensive zone and hitting the net more often he would have a lot more.

Edler could definitely be better then he has from what i have seen.

Edlers 2 goals this season and only 5 last season aren't enough for his ice time and big shot they are disappointing.

The Canucks have the best PP in the league with Edler manning the point. Stop downplaying him to appease your man crush. Bieksa started the season on the first PP unit, he played himself onto the second unit and maybe now off the PP all together. Bieksa has 5 points this year. You have a great argument, Bieksa is so great that there must be a reason other than talent for other players success. You do realize Edler leads the nucks in TOI? There's a reason for it. Get a clue buddy.

Archived