The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

I'd also like to add that Bieksa is the ONLY defenseman on the team that is +1 through 3 games, despite not scoring any points. Everyone else is 0, and Edler is -1. Sedins are the ONLY forwards that are -1, despite having 4 and 5 points each.

Hmmm... maybe it's the SEDINS who aren't playing defensively???? But noooo... they can't do any wrong... let's just blame Bieksa instead.

I dont know if throwing out the +/- argument when the difference is 1 goal is really validating anything. Did Bieksa get a minus for being in the box on a backbreaking PP goal? The answer is no. +/- is a useless stat when presented as the lone validation of a players defensive play, especially 3 games into the season.

WHy not at least be objective and also factor in that he leads the team in giveaways in this young season?

The Sedins have not been good defensively, imo. They are slower than usual on the backcheck and not really making smart defensive plays when they do get back.

Its nice to know we acquired Hamhuis just for the sake of resurrecting Bieksa's career.

Its also nice to know that Bieksa is in the PK while guys like Erhoff, Edler, Hamhuis, Ballard and even Alberts are available.

Its also nice to see our 4.2 million dollar acquisition in Ballard being used 15 minutes per night. Please don't give the "AV is trying to get him back up to speed", Ballard looks fine... AV is just being AV and not using him.

Like always... AV's decisions always confuses the mind.

Right...we acquired Hamhuis for Bieksa's career. :blink:

Bieksa and Hamhuis did a pretty good job on the PK actually for the last three games. Those other guys that you mentioned have also played on the PK plenty....what's your point?

Our 4.2 million dollar man may look good....but looking good and feeling 100% are two different things. AV is doing something called asset management. He's consciously keeping him at lower minutes, in order to help Ballard transition him with less play time without needlessly exposing him to conditions, like too much time early in the season, that may regress the progress he's made in getting healthy again.

AV's decisions confuse you because you're a reactionary and emotional fan, who hardly takes the time to analyse the bigger picture. Again, there's you(Sanford) and then there's a Jack Adams Trophy winning coach ,AV. Which one in that sentence is the more knowledgeable of the two and which one is probably the weakest link?

Bieksa and Hamhuis did a pretty good job on the PK actually for the last three games. Those other guys that you mentioned have also played on the PK plenty....what's your point?

Our 4.2 million dollar man may look good....but looking good and feeling 100% are two different things. AV is doing something called asset management. He's conciously keeping him at lower minutes, in order to help Ballard transition play without needlessly exposing him to conditions that may regress the progress he's made in getting healthy again.

AV's decisions confuse you because you're a reactionary and emotional fan, who hardly takes the time to analyse the bigger picture. Again, there's you(Sanford) and then there's a Jack Adams Trophy winning coach ,AV. Which one in that sentence the more knowledgeable of the two and which one is probably the weakest link?

Great post. Agree.

Our 4.2 million dollar man may look good....but looking good and feeling 100% are two different things. AV is doing something called asset management. He's conciously keeping him at lower minutes, in order to help Ballard transition play without needlessly exposing him to conditions that may regress the progress he's made in getting healthy again.

AV's decisions confuse you because you're a reactionary and emotional fan, who hardly takes the time to analyse the bigger picture. Again, there's you(Sanford) and then there's a Jack Adams Trophy winning coach ,AV. Which one in that sentence is the more knowledgeable of the two and which one is probably the weakest link?

Awesome post. The nice thing about our defense is you can't catch our bottom pairing out there, because we don't have a bottom 6 pairing. We have 3 seats of 2nd pairings. I like the balance out there, and I would rather have Bieksa with Hamhuis opposed to Juice and Alberts.

Congrats on showing your true stupidity. Not an NHL d-man, thanks for coming out. I guess that's why he has an A and is on the ice for PK and PP. Canucks brass should look at you for the next coaching job.

The 1st penalty was bs and if Perry's stick never broke it wouldn't have been called. How do you not see all the good pinches he made last night or do you just look for the one or two mistake he made. If you are truly studying the d-corps you would have noticed that Ballard had an off night, that Ehrhoff jumped off the ice too early on the game winner which led to the 3 on 1, etc.

I hate CDC blind ret@$rdts like yourself, that hockey knowledge consists on a game or two of ball hockey. Its pretty easy to spot out the people with hockey backgrounds on here and the homers that consistantly talk out of their a@@.

yeah I hope they do consider me for the next coaching job so i can bury that turd in the minors. So are you saying you have a wonderful hockey background or do you just have your room covered in Bieksa posters?

Yeah ya got me.

Seems you missed my post where I said I could care less if Bieksa was traded. Or any Canuck for that matter as long as the trade benefits the team. So a homer I'm definitely not.

But I can see how someone with your level of understanding could confuse my outright disagreement with your asinine assertions with being a homer.

NHLers aren't like little school girls? No crap eh. Can't remember the last school girl who recorded 8 points in 12 playoff games. Could be wrong though.

You compared the level of the players when you said Bieksa/Hamhuis is like Murzyn/Coffey? Still doesn't hold.

Murzyn was a more than solid D man. But yet you say Bieksa doesn't belong the NHL?

Like I said pull your head out of your ass.

too bad he cost us more goals and penalties at critical times in the playoffs. If you actually had a set of eyes you would see this guy feeds off of 2nd assists and he doesn't even hit the net. He's total waste on the PP cuz his shot is horrible based on speed and accuracy. Even Willie Mitchell and SOB have surpassed him in slap shot skill from the point which is a pretty sad thing. He's useless on the PK cuz he can't read plays or clear the net. Opposing players just deke him out or pass through him. 5-5 Hamhuis just makes him look even worse than he already is. Sorry buddy, but looks like you need to take your head outta Bieksa's ass cuz it's so far up it that you might find AV dwelling there as well

I like Bieksa. That was bad timing on that slashing penalty though :(

That sums up Bieksa's year to a tee. Bad timing to try and "pick" the opposing player in their own end in game one! Bad timing to choose to slash the opposing player and break his stick. Bad timing to get out hustled by an opposing player and then run around like a chicken with your head cut off to try and make up for it! His game is full of bad timing and bad decisions. He started going downhill last year and this year is even worse!

You know, it's not like he is one of these guys that makes a mistake and then gets motivated on the next shift and scores or sets up a goal to make up for it. He goes back to the bench with that stupid WTF "deer in the headlights" look on his face and then goes right back out and makes another mistake. Last night was two glaring mistakes and two goals for the Ducks. Nothing to do with hate. Nothing to do with not liking Bieksa. It's simple. He's a liability for the Canucks right now. Unfortunately it's coming at a time when our goal scoring seems to be having a hard time getting on track as well. If we had buried half of our chances last night, Bieksa's mistakes would be a mute point, (for the most part) as we could have most likely taken a couple of Duck goals in stride and still won the game 5-4 or maybe even 6-4. Unfortunately we couldn't seem to hit a barn last night with a lot of our opportunities thus making it imperative that we keep our defensive mistakes to a minimum. Seems like Bieksa didn't get the same memo that the rest of the defence did.

Feed off second assists?

I would imagine most playesr "feed" off second assists especially D men who start plays and often don't get to finish them as that's the forwards job.

Are you suggesting second assists

now don't count?

Too even remotely compare OBriens skills or lack thereof to Bieksas is laughable. Sounds like you may have spent a few too many nights in the toilets of the Roxy snorting blow off SOBs pole.

Funny considering SOB didn't make the team, got waived, cleared and then got traded.

too bad he cost us more goals and penalties at critical times in the playoffs. If you actually had a set of eyes you would see this guy feeds off of 2nd assists and he doesn't even hit the net. He's total waste on the PP cuz his shot is horrible based on speed and accuracy. Even Willie Mitchell and SOB have surpassed him in slap shot skill from the point which is a pretty sad thing. He's useless on the PK cuz he can't read plays or clear the net. Opposing players just deke him out or pass through him. 5-5 Hamhuis just makes him look even worse than he already is. Sorry buddy, but looks like you need to take your head outta Bieksa's ass cuz it's so far up it that you might find AV dwelling there as well

People who say Bieksa isn't an NHL caliber defense man are simply put idiots. They really shouldn't be posting.

I can understand the arguments behind not liking Bieksa, being uncomfortable withh his style, and just overall not a fan.

My argument is that we have the most depth in the league, and getting rid of Bieksa negates that fact. Rome, Parent, Connauton, none of these guys are suitable replacements. Trading Bieksa at this point does not make the team any better. We don't have a glaring weakness that we could trade Bieksa in order to get strong there, and Bieksas value to Vancouver is more than what the return would be right now.

You can argue about his cap hit, but why not spend all the way to the cap? Gillis/Gilman will figure things out, so as fans we really shouldn't worry about the cap. Did anyone here know what we would have to do to get under the cap? No, but Gilman and MG did.

Getting rid of Bieksa makes this team worse, no matter how you look at it. Hes an asset whetehr you want to admit it or not. Anyone that made the opening day roster is the best fit for the spot, and that includes everyone on the roster.

Maybe having Bieksa on PK will force him to be more defensively responsible?

He didn't look too bad in the first 2 games on PK.

Wow, keep giving that loser Bieksa chance after chance. You must have not watch Bieksa last season or the season before that..... He is the most irresponsible defenceman in the league. Another poster nailed it. Hamhuis is the most expensive babysitter in the world... all for the sake of not hurting retarded Bieksa's feelings?

AV has given Bieksa a free pass since day one. His mistakes are frequent and unforgivable and cost the team games. He can't make a stretch pass to save his life. Like it or not, if Bieksa was not dressed last night, the Canucks would have beaten the Ducks. Of course, he had to inject his usual dose of instability and chaos into the Canucks defensive game. In the offensive zone, he never makes the pass, he always takes the shot. Look at how many shots he had last season - 2 goals to show for it. He can't score, and he should stop wasting every rush by taking the shot.

He is a disgusting selfish player and he always will be. It is sickening to watch him out there. Too bad most fans don't get the role a defenseman is supposed to play. It just going to be more of the same until he's gone.

Feed off second assists?

I would imagine most playesr "feed" off second assists especially D men who start plays and often don't get to finish them as that's the forwards job.

Are you suggesting second assists

now don't count?

Too even remotely compare OBriens skills or lack thereof to Bieksas is laughable. Sounds like you may have spent a few too many nights in the toilets of the Roxy snorting blow off SOBs pole.

Funny considering SOB didn't make the team, got waived, cleared and then got traded.

This post made my day....:lol:

At the moment I his cap hit means nothing.

There's no one we are going to get to help this team any more than what they have now. And no one in the minors is remotely ready to take over.

When Salos ready to come back then yeah a decision will have to be made. Salos a UFA next year as well and frankly he may not even make it through the playoffs especially if the Canucks get past the second round. I think Salo is an injury away from retiring.

But if they decide to trade Bieksa great as long as it benefits the team.

People who say Bieksa isn't an NHL caliber defense man are simply put idiots. They really shouldn't be posting.

I can understand the arguments behind not liking Bieksa, being uncomfortable withh his style, and just overall not a fan.

My argument is that we have the most depth in the league, and getting rid of Bieksa negates that fact. Rome, Parent, Connauton, none of these guys are suitable replacements. Trading Bieksa at this point does not make the team any better. We don't have a glaring weakness that we could trade Bieksa in order to get strong there, and Bieksas value to Vancouver is more than what the return would be right now.

You can argue about his cap hit, but why not spend all the way to the cap? Gillis/Gilman will figure things out, so as fans we really shouldn't worry about the cap. Did anyone here know what we would have to do to get under the cap? No, but Gilman and MG did.

Getting rid of Bieksa makes this team worse, no matter how you look at it. Hes an asset whetehr you want to admit it or not. Anyone that made the opening day roster is the best fit for the spot, and that includes everyone on the roster.

Wow, keep giving that loser Bieksa chance after chance. You must have not watch Bieksa last season or the season before that..... He is the most irresponsible defenceman in the league. Another poster nailed it. Hamhuis is the most expensive babysitter in the world... all for the sake of not hurting retarded Bieksa's feelings?

AV has given Bieksa a free pass since day one. His mistakes are frequent and unforgivable and cost the team games. He can't make a stretch pass to save his life. Like it or not, if Bieksa was not dressed last night, the Canucks would have beaten the Ducks. Of course, he had to inject his usual dose of instability and chaos into the Canucks defensive game. In the offensive zone, he never makes the pass, he always takes the shot. Look at how many shots he had last season - 2 goals to show for it. He can't score, and he should stop wasting every rush by taking the shot.

He is a disgusting selfish player and he always will be. It is sickening to watch him out there. Too bad most fans don't get the role a defenseman is supposed to play. It just going to be more of the same until he's gone.

you are a sorry excuse for a canuck fan and a retard.. he really hasnt been that bad this year. ive seen alot of other players make the same mistakes and nothing is said. anyone who thinks we are a better team with rome or parent in place of him is also a retard. we lost last night because of a defensive collapse from the whole team, not just bieksa. someone points out a bad play from a player and all you dipcraps start a whole new cut him loose bandwagon and analyse every move that one player makes. its happened with the sedins for F*** sakes. i believe i read on here before"trade them for kovalchuck"??.. like we really want that a**hole lol.

my point being.. you guys arent the general managers and coaches cus you dont know sh*t and would make impulse moves that would turn us into the florida panthers.

Obviously you did not read my original post (joking back and forth with Sharpshooter) about Pratt.

I wasnt bashing Bieksa in my post, I was bashing Pratt. Even the quote of mine that you used in your reply states I am okay with Bieksa having an A...... :blink: So how exactly does that make it that I am bashing Bieksa and creating garbage posts to be lumped in with others in your Bieksa hater hate-post?

I never said you were bashing Bieksa. I directly responded to your quote suggesting that something Dave Pratt said should be ignored because he's an idiot.

Its nice to know we acquired Hamhuis just for the sake of resurrecting Bieksa's career.

Its also nice to know that Bieksa is in the PK while guys like Erhoff, Edler, Hamhuis, Ballard and even Alberts are available.

Its also nice to see our 4.2 million dollar acquisition in Ballard being used 15 minutes per night. Please don't give the "AV is trying to get him back up to speed", Ballard looks fine... AV is just being AV and not using him.

Like always... AV's decisions always confuses the mind.

They might confuse your mind, but to me they make sense. Bieksa is on the PK because he's been doing just fine in that role. He wasn't on the ice for any PP goals last night that I noticed.

Ballard is coming off hip surgery. Only an idiot would give him top pairing minutes at this stage of the season. He's looks fine because he isn't being overused.

How about when he got absolutely roasted speed wise for the 3rd goal and then never covered the trailer to the net? Pretty much gave away the game.

So the penalty that Bieksa took to put us two men down that resulted DIRECTLY in the tying goal is somehow lost on you? He also got schooled like a BAD AHL defenceman on the go ahead goal! He was out hustled by the original puck carrier and then decided to chase the puck around (and god knows what else) all the while leaving Perry to stand unmolested at the side of the net for the easy tap in. Perry was there for so long by himself he could have opened a store! Two glaring mistakes by Bieksa. Two goals in our net by the opposing team. We loose 4 - 3. Nuf said!

:)

What about the first goal? It was every bit as important and the second, and was also the result of a bad penalty that put the team down two men.

As far as the third goal, (it wasn't the go-ahead goal BTW) you and robbreit need to go back a bit further. Bieksa was at the point waiting for a pass from Henrik, which Hank made a complete mess of.

Most NHL defensemen will have trouble staying with Selanne at the best of times, but when you're caught flat-footed because of a lousy pass from your forward it's going to be even tougher.

Actually it was your standard drivel.

If you are referring to team Canada at the olympics which has to ice 6 d plus a few extras from a larger talent pool then an NHL team has and doesn't have the salary cap to contend with you are in fact comparing apples to oranges.

Which team is it that wouldn't trade their current D corps for this:

2 Duncan Keith

6 Shea Weber

7 Brent Seabrook

8 Drew Doughty

20 Chris Pronger

22 Dan Boyle

27 Scott Niedermayer

Are you that stupid? No one is saying that we could match quality for quality. However, that doesn't mean that you can't take the same right philosophy for your team but just at a smaller scale. The philosophy of having no defensive weaknesses while maintaining as much scoring as possible is foolproof. That is how the Hawks, Wings, Ducks, and Pens did it, they don't have a Kevin Bieksa on their team because the extra offense, what little he has from his nut huggers, is simply not worth the weaknesses added.

The same works for team Canada by leaving out Green, this is just at a larger scale than our Bieksa issue.

We have this amazing defensive depth and people find a way to complain? People DO realize that we have one of the top 3 defenses in the league, and if we take out Bieksa it probably puts us top 10? The strength of our D is that it is so deep, so why do people want to eliminate this strength for us? It doesn't make sense.

Oh ya? Your argument has very strong, valid points and is quite convincing. You should try out for your highschool debate team. You're quite good at it. I especially enjoy how well you back up your claims with examples and statistics, instead of biased conjecture.

The only statistic you need is that we win games without him in the lineup while we lose with him in the line up. Using simple good judgment is more than enough. If you want actually stats, they are out there. However, you lovers just choose to ignore them or blame it on his injuries. Statistics are only used to prove hard to prove points. You can see why Bieksa sucks by just watching him.

The only statistic you need is that we win games without him in the lineup while we lose with him in the line up. Using simple good judgment is more than enough. If you want actually stats, they are out there. However, you lovers just choose to ignore them or blame it on his injuries. Statistics are only used to prove hard to prove points. You can see why Bieksa sucks by just watching him.

Does he suck more than Rome, Parent, Connauton etc?

Anyone care to explain exactly what mistakes Bieksa made last game that has everyone throwing him into a wood chipper so easily? You all keep going on and on and about these so called defensive gaffs, but can you actually back it up?

Besides the slashing "penalty" which really was just bad luck/timing.

1st goal: Ehrhoff/Edler on the ice

2nd goal: Bieksa took the unlucky penalty (could happen to anyone), Hamhuis on the ice.

3rd goal: He wasn't outskated on the far side, he caught up just fine. Perry made a nice move to stop, and pass into the middle. There were FOUR ducks involved in the play, and only ONE Canuck forward coming back to help. That makes it a 4-on-3; by simple logic someone is bound to be left wide open. It was a defensive breakdown by the whole line; you can't blame it solely on Bieksa. But you haters of course will anyway.

Excuses are like armpits... Everyone has them and they all stink.

4th goal: You going to blame the missed call for too many men on Bieksa too? Or how about the fact that Henrik coughed up the puck at center ice, then sat there complaining to the ref as 4 Ducks steamed into our end, instead of getting off the ice? Henrik is the one that caused that whole mess.

Archived