The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

I never said you were bashing Bieksa. I directly responded to your quote suggesting that something Dave Pratt said should be ignored because he's an idiot.

They might confuse your mind, but to me they make sense. Bieksa is on the PK because he's been doing just fine in that role. He wasn't on the ice for any PP goals last night that I noticed.

Ballard is coming off hip surgery. Only an idiot would give him top pairing minutes at this stage of the season. He's looks fine because he isn't being overused.

What about the first goal? It was every bit as important and the second, and was also the result of a bad penalty that put the team down two men.

As far as the third goal, (it wasn't the go-ahead goal BTW) you and robbreit need to go back a bit further. Bieksa was at the point waiting for a pass from Henrik, which Hank made a complete mess of.

Most NHL defensemen will have trouble staying with Selanne at the best of times, but when you're caught flat-footed because of a lousy pass from your forward it's going to be even tougher.

He may have been waiting for a pass that got bothced but still got roasted, albeit by Selanne -- most would, but then even worse yet gave up on the play when a decent effort to cycle to the open opponent may may have prevented the game changing goal. All I saw was #3 saunter into the play coasting and waiting for the red light to come on. I will grant you we were pushing to hard and it was the result of another player's poor play but being the defenceman you have responsibilty to stop the other players no matter what. It didn't stop Alberts from putting 100% effort in and barely negating a goal when he was caught out of position to no fault of his own at center ice with a much faster player.

Yes Parent and Connauton would need to hone their skills. But right off the bat they would have better puck handling and decision making skills. They'd also probably be better positionally, take less penalties, be stronger on their man and have a better time handling players along the wall. Wait, what are we arguing?

Oh and in the case of Rome it isn't even debatable. Rome is head and shoulders better than Bieksa when you consider he makes 3 million less.

There is a reason why they are on the Moose, and not Vancouver. There is a reason that Rome is the 7th d-man at the moment and Bieksa is on the starting roster. Management is going to ice the best roster possible. We saw Rome last year, and he was the epitome of a band-aid d-man. He served his purpose, but unless there are injuries he won't see this team, because he will spend the year in the pressbox, since he is an inferior player.

Actually alot of people here did know.

Salo had to be on the roster before he can be placed on LTIR. That's why you saw hodgson, lack, sweatt on the opening roster so that the Canucks could get close to the max cap limit. I think they were only about $20k off from the cap limit. Once the roster was accepted...Salo was immediately placed on the LTIR and Canucks got about $3.5M cap relief (ie. allowed ot go over the cap about that amount). Then we saw Schaefer signed. Some brought up and other sent to the minors.

Now when Salo gets back to the NHL...the Canucks have to be cap compliant. Which means the Canucks have to get rid of $3.5M from somewhere. Bieksa is the CDC choice since he makes $3.75M and is not a MG acquisition. Gilman was creative in getting the opening roster accepted. But he can't magically make the Canucks get more cap space.

Some one will have to go when Salo returns. And rumors are that Bieksa is that person.

I don't think many people knew what exactly needed to be done until it got put up on twitter, and we saw the roster. Were close to the cap, and we have 5+ mil on IR, so something will need to happen. You never know, Hank could miss the year, Luongo could fall into a black hole, you never know.

I just think a lot of fans look at his cap hit and label his as a garbage player based on his contract. Obviously MG will do his best to ice the best team while being cap complient, but we don't know what it will look like 'til it happens.

I am not blind or biased. Just watch when Bieksa is defending while skating backwards next time. All the opposing team has to do is chip it by him into the corner and 9 out of 10 times they will have the advantage over Bieksa when they both reach the boards together. Do you really want that type of player on this team?

Because Rome would do so much better against the Ryan Getzlafs of the world? Bieksa really hasn't played that bad, and people act like he is not an NHL caliber player. Is he the best player? No. Is it not an absolute luxury to have this guy at #6 on your depth chart? What team has a better defense core depth wise? Getting rid of Bieksa eliminates some of that depth.

Are you f*cking kidding me? Did you even read the original post? Do you honestly think ANYONE could possibly think that Bieksa is better than the Sedins? facepalm.png

Lol, raaaaaaage! In any case, you attempted to invalidate my argument with a poor excuse for "sarcasm"... I think Sharpshooter is dead on with his "interwebz skills".

But there's really no point in arguing with someone who has "It's Bieksa's Fault" plastered in his sig. Clearly you will be forever biased against him no matter what he does, and every single loss this season I'm sure you will hastily point your finger his way. :towel:

Lol, raaaaaaage! In any case, you attempted to invalidate my argument with a poor excuse for "sarcasm"... I think Sharpshooter is dead on with his "interwebz skills".

But there's really no point in arguing with someone who has "It's Bieksa's Fault" plastered in his sig. Clearly you will be forever biased against him no matter what he does, and every single loss this season I'm sure you will hastily point your finger his way. :towel:

nina dobrev's such a cutie.i think her acting is a little dull though. :

Are you that stupid? No one is saying that we could match quality for quality. However, that doesn't mean that you can't take the same right philosophy for your team but just at a smaller scale. The philosophy of having no defensive weaknesses while maintaining as much scoring as possible is foolproof. That is how the Hawks, Wings, Ducks, and Pens did it, they don't have a Kevin Bieksa on their team because the extra offense, what little he has from his nut huggers, is simply not worth the weaknesses added.

The same works for team Canada by leaving out Green, this is just at a larger scale than our Bieksa issue.

Nicely said, people have no sense of understanding that showing the extreme example of something can help paint a picture of a lesser situation to a certain degree.

This makes perfect sense though, his little bit of O in no way makes up for the mountain of errors made defensively.

I liked Bieksa when he came into the league and was full of piss and vinegar and was excited to see him develop into a premier defenceman. Unfortunately, he's now full of pineapple juice and plays like the same rookie who came into the league minus the physical edge.

The "Its ALL bieksas fault" is obviously an exaggeration. Although, if I'm to do any finger pointing it will be at him and if you've noticed, I was "finger pointing" after we won as well. biggrin.gif

Wow another crazy Bieksa homer...you gotta stop drinking his nut juice cuz that's obviously got your head messed up...and no, I still don't think he's NHL calibre...I notice you didn't comment on him being schooled by Hall and his snow angel trick...cuz nhl'ers don't do snow angels like little girls in the school yard during playoff games...btw, Alberts is way better than Bieksa positionally right now and he doesn't make boneheaded mistakes that cost us games...the comparison of Coffey and Murzyn was not the type of player but rather the calibre...the only reason they gave Bieksa the "A" was not a vote of confidence by Henrik, it's to showcase his lameass in the rare hopes of increasing his market value since he obviously has none left after his crappy play for the last 3 years up until now...MG couldn't dish him off cuz no one wants him...if MG had to give him the C to trade him, he would...open ur friggin eyes moron

I didn't notice last night, but was that letter Hank gave him a lower case 'a' ? lol denoting minor leaguer?

Did you see Bieksa in the first period last night, make a vain attempt at being a power forward. He got put on his a$$.

I guess he had a power outage.

I agree the only reason he is still with the team is because there is no NHL market for over paid defensive liabilities, no matter what they may have done 4 years ago. For example we have seen the waiving of Souray, Reddon and Finger, also TO couldn't get anything for Kaberle when they shopped him. There is no market in today's NHL for Dmen who can't play D.

Nicely said, people have no sense of understanding that showing the extreme example of something can help paint a picture of a lesser situation to a certain degree.

This makes perfect sense though, his little bit of O in no way makes up for the mountain of errors made defensively.

Exactly. We have an abundance of guys on D who can make up for any lost O if we lose Bieksa.

Why would AV play him over 20 minutes last night then. Are you smarter then AV and his 20 years of coaching experience. Try watching some of the other dman with the same negative biased perpective that you watch Bieksa.

Again, three games in a row, imagine if Alberts played as poorly as Bieksa had and screwed up as much, he would not even still be on the team. Yet AV insists on his staying with his moronic decision to put and keep Bieksa on the first pairing, let alone keep him on the team.

Ballard should be Hamhuis partner, the sooner the better. That and Salo can't get back in the lineup soon enough.

I would also take Weaver, Rome, Parent or O'Brien over Bieksa. This is why I'm not at all worried about trading him when Salo returns, even though Salo will likely get hurt again before the year is done. We have the depth.

Can any of the Bieksa fans honestly say that this guy would even be in the NHL if he could not put up points? Because if you take away any NHL defenseman's offensive game, they should at least be able to stick around in the NHL as a bottom pairing or depth guy. Or else, I don't want him. This guy was always way behind the curve in his development and has poor fundamentals in many areas, as Tatoes mentioned. He stuck around as an injury call up because he could put up points and make the occasional good play joining the rush, and because he would take on all comers - but he only did the latter because he knew that he had to in order to stick around in the big leagues. But he has always sucked. It shouldn't, and doesn't, matter how much offense he generates.

I would also take Weaver, Rome, Parent or O'Brien over Bieksa. This is why I'm not at all worried about trading him when Salo returns, even though Salo will likely get hurt again before the year is done. We have the depth.

Can any of the Bieksa fans honestly say that this guy would even be in the NHL if he could not put up points? Because if you take away any NHL defenseman's offensive game, they should at least be able to stick around in the NHL as a bottom pairing or depth guy. Or else, I don't want him. This guy was always way behind the curve in his development and has poor fundamentals in many areas, as Tatoes mentioned. He stuck around as an injury call up because he could put up points and make the occasional good play joining the rush, and because he would take on all comers - but he only did the latter because he knew that he had to in order to stick around in the big leagues. But he has always sucked. It shouldn't, and doesn't, matter how much offense he generates.

And that is why you'll never be an NHL GM, my friend.

Lol.....i haven't stopped laughing yet.

You made me spit out my afternoon(it's evening somewhere), day-off beer!

Archived