The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Henrik offered us three players he believes Vancouver can't win without.

"Tanner Glass, because the past couple of years teams have gone from having the heavyweight guys that fight to realizing that you need guys that can play hockey, and he's a guy that can fight, can score, can play (penalty kill) for us. He does it all for us," Henrik said. "I would also say Kevin Bieksa. He had a really good couple of first years and he's had some tough years with injury, but he's been really solid for us this year with the way he plays defensive and he chips in offensively.

lol towel.gif

Can someone show me were the OP got that article? It wasn't quoted properly so there's no link back.

and just coming in here to say BIEKSA RULES! :D

Look up Kevin Bieksa in the dictionary: Definition of a Man

Thesaurus: MAN... Badass... Sexy... Hardnosed... Loyal... STANDUP GUY! StandsupFORteamMATES (yes thats a word!)

My boy Juice is golden. I never lost faith. Suck it haters!

I still have no faith in BXA.

Salo's return would give the Canucks one of the best bluelines in the NHL: Alex Edler, Ehrhoff, Hamhuis, Salo, Bieksa and either Ballard or Alberts.

NB, how a rehabbing Salo ranks ahead of your hero in the above scribes column. That and with more minutes, IMO even Ballard would be a better option than Bxa.

Now along with AV, Danny is also singing the same song about who the best defender on the team probably is, re Salo ...

"He's probably our best defenceman," winger Daniel Sedin said. "We'll see what happens."

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz1B2SucGew

NB, how a rehabbing Salo ranks ahead of your hero in the above scribes column. That and with more minutes, IMO even Ballard would be a better option than Bxa.

Now along with AV, Danny is also singing the same song about who the best defender on the team probably is, re Salo ...

Faith in Kevin Bieksa paying dividends

Before the NHL season began, defenceman Kevin Bieksa wasn't long for the Vancouver Canucks.

So said the chattering classes, who had Bieksa traded several times last summer after the Canucks acquired two defencemen, Keith Ballard and Dan Hamhuis, for a combined $8.7-million (all currencies U.S.). Even today, rumour mongers still toss his name around liberally, despite the fact that Bieksa is still playing – and playing effectively – for the only NHL team he has ever known.

Sami Salo's uncertain return from a ruptured Achilles tendon – still applies heading into next month's trade deadline, and moreover, Bieksa may have made himself too valuable to trade.

The Canucks still must clear salary-cap space, about $1.5-million, to get Salo back on the active roster, but it appears less and less likely that they will move Bieksa to do so.

Bieksa's defensive-zone play and puck movement have greatly improved this season, and he has reverted to 2006-07 form, when he had a breakout campaign and cemented his place in the NHL

http://www.theglobea...article1866441/

"Lately, he has been real consistent here," head coach Alain Vigneault said.

Bieksa seems to be on top of his game as he makes his Broadway debut. Solid defensively all season, Bieksa has rekindled his considerable offensive game of late. He has four goals and five assists in his last nine games and was a plus-12 in that stretch. For the season, Bieksa is plus-18, tying him with Henrik Sedin for the team lead.

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz1B2kCSrLe

When asked if he prefers being called an offensive-defenseman as opposed to a shut-down defenseman, Bieksa took the alternative.

"I consider myself a complete defenseman," he said. "I don't like labels because I think a shut-down guy can also contribute offensively. I've always been a guy who takes pride in all facets of the game. I don't just want to be a good shut-down guy, offensive guy or skill guy. I want to be a guy that works hard, a grinder, a physical guy … a fighter. I want to be everything. It's something that I learned from my dad at a young age."

Bieksa is already all those things, in fact.

He entered Thursday's game at the Rangers with 6 goals and 16 points in 41 games this season. He ranks among the team leaders in hits (68), blocked shots (62) and takeaways (29), while playing an integral role on the power-play and penalty-killing units. He's engaged in five fights in each of the past two seasons and has mixed it up twice this season.

Indeed, Bieksa has proven to be quite the complete defender.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=549335

Henrik said. "I would also say Kevin Bieksa. He had a really good couple of first years and he's had some tough years with injury, but he's been really solid for us this year with the way he plays defensive and he chips in offensively.

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=549444

Today, the 29-year-old Grimsby, Ont., native is no worse than the Canucks' No. 3 defenceman behind Alex Edler and Christian Ehrhoff. Bieksa formed one of the NHL's top shutdown alliances with Dan Hamhuis. He's plus-14 on arguably the best team in the NHL, certainly the hottest team these days

Read more: http://www.edmontonj...l#ixzz1B2o3eqyo

The surprising thing is that you continue to faith in your own ability to judge NHL talent.

If Kevin Bieksa made half as many mistakes as you have in analyzing the game of hockey, he truly would be playing in the ECHL.

In fact, you've been wrong so many times, someone who knows absolutely nothing about the game could look like an expert, just by stating the polar opposite of everything you say.

The surprising thing is that you continue to faith in your own ability to judge NHL talent.

If Kevin Bieksa made half as many mistakes as you have in analyzing the game of hockey, he truly would be playing in the ECHL.

In fact, you've been wrong so many times, someone who knows absolutely nothing about the game could look like an expert, just by stating the polar opposite of everything you say.

Now, i'm not saying he's a complete dumbass.....but, umm, uh....once I remember what I was going to say...i'll come back and post it.

Look up Kevin Bieksa in the dictionary: Definition of a Man

Thesaurus: MAN... Badass... Sexy... Hardnosed... Loyal... STANDUP GUY! StandsupFORteamMATES (yes thats a word!)

I say we put Kevin Bieksa in the Urban Dictionary.

Kevin Bieksa: Currently the baddest mother****** to put on a Canucks jersey. He can beat you on the scoreboard, beat you with his new-found defensive prowess, and he can beat you with his Superman-esque fists. Despite having the nickname "Juice," he has never taken steriods, yet is almost as strong as the one and only Chuck Norris.

*Keep adding on/editing to make an epic definition*

<br />I still have no faith in BXA.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />NB, how a rehabbing  Salo ranks ahead of your hero in the above scribes column. That and with more minutes, IMO even Ballard would be a better option than Bxa.<br /><br />Now along with AV, Danny is also singing the same song about who the best defender on the team probably is, re Salo ...<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

You're just getting dumber and dumber with every post.

After tonight it's official. You are easily, the most ignorant poster on CDC. Well done...your one step below officially retarded.

Archived