The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

I just laugh, sometimes.

Considering the top-tier forwards Bieksa plays against every night, if they never made him look stupid once in a while, how the hell would other teams ever win?

If Bieksa were as good as everyone seems to want him to be (unrealistic expectations), we'd never get scored on.

:picard:

You can add to that the fact that hamhuis is apparently "mistake free".

I am always criticizing Edler as well. He is a similar type of player as Bieksa. Both have great offensive potential but have brutal defensive breakdowns. Bieksa way more then Edler.

I'll quote myself from a couple of pages back first....

The best forwards in the game play against the leagues best defenders and still put up 80+ points. That's who Bieksa plays against.

What you guys have to get through your heads is Bieksa in not an elite d-man. Nor is he paid like one. Quit expecting him to play like one. Hamhuis isn't an elite d-man either and also has his blunders. (but we like him we'll ignore his)

The Sedins have won back to back scoring titles while playing against the leagues best defenders. And they play against guys that are in fact elite d-men. Which must mean even the elite d-men do indeed get beat. Bieksa plays against the leagues best forwards including the elite ones. Guys that can beat actual elite d-men. Mistakes will happen. The fact that he's a plus player surely is an indicator that he must be pretty good at his job.

Canucklelion and Understand are the highlight of CDC for me. So much entertainment. :lol:

Lol, it's so true. It hurts my brain how absurd their arguments can be. Just wait, in a couple years, canucklelion will be comparing Bieksa's performance to his cap hit instead of his salary because his cap hit will be the higher value.

Every game, Bieksa plays against the top forwards from the other team. These are the guys who are the best in the world at one thing: scoring goals. It is positively inane to expect Bieksa to play a flawless game against these players who have made a career out of exploiting the mistakes in team defense. In spite of all this, Bieksa is still a +5 and the Canucks are 3rd in the League. Obviously he must be garbage.....

Bieksa is once again proving to me that he's not only a playoff performer but he's a big-time clutch player. Sure it was a lucky bounce that lead to him winding up with the puck against Colorado, but he still managed to shoot through a thick screen and beat a goalie who was playing really well that game.

Bieksa is a clutch player which is why he earns and deserves the big bucks. At the start of the season I was very skeptical about his contract but if he's going to perform to his best when it matters the most I'm happy for him to earn maybe a million more than he should be.

There's lots of players out there like Dominic Moore, Hal Gill and Travis Moen who are excellent playoff performers but don't earn much money because they don't stand out during the regular season, but if anything they should be earning more than regular season producers who go quiet when it matters the most.

Bieksa's playoff stats from last 3 years: 47GP, 8G, 15A, 23Pt, +11, 2GWG

0.5 PPG from a guy who rarely sees the top PP unit is nothing short of fantastic.

+11 for a guy who is on your shutdown pairing is also excellent. For comparison's sake, in the last few years, Kronwall is also +11, Keith is even, Orpik even, Salo -2, W. Mitchell -3, Letang -4, Kubina -4, Boyle -7, and Ehrhoff -16.

After reading the last page of posts, I have to believe there must have been a big sale on Bxa love goggles. he is the least talented most error prone Canuck. His stats are bolsered by the most excellent guys he plays with who save his butt time after time. Not he least of which are Hamhuis, Lou + Raymond.

Heck even the stanchion can be made to appear to have league leading stats, not to mention better mobility than Bxa, lol

After reading the last page of posts, I have to believe there must have been a big sale on Bxa love goggles. he is the least talented most error prone Canuck. His stats are bolsered by the most excellent guys he plays with who save his butt time after time. Not he least of which are Hamhuis, Lou + Raymond.

Heck even the stanchion can be made to appear to have league leading stats, not to mention better mobility than Bxa, lol

Were you Kudas in a previous life here? You're really beginning to remind me of robot boy from another planet and his mindless over exagerated fantasy riddled Cloutier crusade.

Really, C? Is that the best you can come up with? Disappointing to say the least.

Should have stayed under your rock, dude....... er, "coach".

Errorhoff is proving he is not that good by himself and the truth is he will never be a 50 point D man EVER again. That is a guarantee :bigblush: . I am blown away at some who have been defending Erhoff it is quite comical actually. Yes KB has some bad games all players do, but his physical play and locker room presence more than outweigh Errohoffs lack of toughness and giveaways.

KB 52GP 28P +5 more shots better shooting % also

Errorhoff 41GP 19P -7

yah yah . 11 more games , but that is also my point . KB will take way more abuse and make diving catches in the outfield only to drive in a run on the same play :P

i just threw up in my mouth after reading Canucklelion's post

cat-toilet-training-tips.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Errorhoff is proving he is not that good by himself and the truth is he will never be a 50 point D man EVER again. That is a guarantee 21355pw.gif . I am blown away at some who have been defending Erhoff it is quite comical actually. Yes KB has some bad games all players do, but his physical play and locker room presence more than outweigh Errohoffs lack of toughness and giveaways.

KB 52GP 28P +5 more shots better shooting % also

Errorhoff 41GP 19P -7

yah yah . 11 more games , but that is also my point . KB will take way more abuse and make diving catches in the outfield only to drive in a run on the same play tongue.png

i just threw up in my mouth after reading Canucklelion's post

nice avatar

oh, and KB3 rules.

Another mindless post with no bearing on reality.

Bieksa and Hamhuis are our #1 shutdown pair and I see them bail each other out plenty of times however you just choose to view through your Bieksa-Hate goggles. Absolute troll.

Bieksa has 7 goals, 33 points, and is a +13. That's one more point than Cody Hodgson has.

That's also the same number of goals as All-star Edler, only 6 points less, despite the fact that Edler gets almost twice the PP icetime on the top unit, while Bieksa mans the second. In fact, Bieksa doesn't have a powerplay point since the Boston game. He is also +8 up on AE.

------------------------

He's really heating up too. So far in February, his stats are: 9GP, 3G, 4A, 7Pts, +7.

Archived