The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Looks like it is time to bump this thread, I'd love to see a 500 page thread on CDC, I suspect it would be a first.

Well despite Bxa's best efforts to give away the last couple of games, his teammates have saved his butt. Never have I been so concerned about the the Nuck's ability to go far in the playoff's as I have been, after watching the last few games.

There is no way Bxa has the defensive skills needed to be effective defensively against skilled players, and his flukey puck luck that has been padding his offensive stats this year cannot be relied on to continue. I sure hope MG picks up a Dman capable of playing defense in a top 4 role at the deadline. Gawd knows the Nuck's are going to need one.

I rarely see the Media criticizing him, probably because he gives the best interviews among the Nuck's even moreso now that Samuelsson is gone, certainly not because he doesn't give them any critique worthy material lol.Still though I found this in the normally Bxa worshipping Van Sun.

New Jersey's only goal came at 11:30 of the second period when Patrik Elias' pass to David Clarkson went in off the Devils' skate after Canuck Kevin Bieksa was caught on a 2-on-1.

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz1nQAlOv6N

It has been well documented that this is the type of game Bieksa plays. He has for years. High risk, high reward. Often he is caught out of position on a pinch or will get knocked off the puck trying to gain deep in the offensive zone. With that said, without those defensive gaffs once in a while we don't have a blueliner who is on pace for 43 points this year. He could stand to be more cautious but it will come at the expense of offense from the blueline. Bxa's a leader, a core group member, plays hard, is a fierce competitor, is tough as nails, and has scored clutch goals for us since he's been here. I am not pretending Bxa is something he is not...he has been here for years and I know what to expect with his play. With that said, I like us better with him than without him. For the record, someone would have given him over 5mil easily on the open market.

Easily.

Looks like it is time to bump this thread, I'd love to see a 500 page thread on CDC, I suspect it would be a first.

Well despite Bxa's best efforts to give away the last couple of games, his teammates have saved his butt. Never have I been so concerned about the the Nuck's ability to go far in the playoff's as I have been, after watching the last few games.

There is no way Bxa has the defensive skills needed to be effective defensively against skilled players, and his flukey puck luck that has been padding his offensive stats this year cannot be relied on to continue. I sure hope MG picks up a Dman capable of playing defense in a top 4 role at the deadline. Gawd knows the Nuck's are going to need one.

I rarely see the Media criticizing him, probably because he gives the best interviews among the Nuck's even moreso now that Samuelsson is gone, certainly not because he doesn't give them any critique worthy material lol.Still though I found this in the normally Bxa worshipping Van Sun.

theres just so much fail from this person :picard:

Cat-Toilet.jpg

lol, so says the poster whose favorite player, who appears to be Parise, isn't even a Nuck and his 2nd favorite, Bertuzzi, just signed a 2 yr deal with Det that has a 2 yr NTC. He wants Big Bert back at 40? :picard: :picard:

So he is not allowed to have a favorite player on another team?

And you keep saying he doesn't have the skill and ability to play against elite players, yet thats what he does. AV puts him out against top lines consistently all this season, all last season and playoffs. And We were #1 last season, #2 in the playoffs and are so far #1 this season. So clearly your missing something here...

A lot of people dont realize the system the Canucks play.... The D-men provide support along the boards, and 1 forward comes back and covers his point. If a forward fails to come back and cover for the d-man, its not the d-mans fault, its the forward who fail to cover.

There were stats to show KB is one of our best PK'ers among the dmen that you chose to ignore. He is the second most productive d-man on our blueline, which you also choose to ignore. He has constantly stepped up and been clutch when need be, and you choose to ignore this also. His +/- is second among d-men on the Canucks and sixth on the team, ALL whilst playing against top players. Choose to ignore all these good things all you want, and focus on 1 or 2 small turnovers that lead to nothing every game if you thats what you want, but realistically Bieksa does ALOT more good than bad for this team.

Bxa had an awful game, couldn't get the puck out of his end, couldn't make a pass, checked the boards a few times, got bailed out on his gaffes by Hammer, absolutely Brutal,.

Yet he picked up 2 flukey pts, His flubbed shot deflects to a teammate and he gets a 2nd asst and picks up another assist on Higgies goal.

Despite the points, I'm real uncomfortable with him tasked with the role he has on the team, as the post season approaches. He is simply too terrible to depend on for defense.

Archived