The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Ehrhoff played big minutes for us last year and was a valuable part of our team. He contributed more than points. He was an essential cog in our transition game as he could make the quick, accurate pass and skate up the ice when needed.

Our lack of a transition game (in combination with our brutal giveaways) is what killed us in games 1 and 2.

Ehrhoff played big minutes for us last year and was a valuable part of our team. He contributed more than points. He was an essential cog in our transition game as he could make the quick, accurate pass and skate up the ice when needed.

Our lack of a transition game (in combination with our brutal giveaways) is what killed us in games 1 and 2.

This.

And then disappeared in the more physical playoffs, especially the Boston series, he was brutal in that series.

<p><p>

Kevin why where you laying on Luongos leg for the wrap around, why did you interfere with Luongo, now Luongo is taking all the blame for that goal

Funny, looked to me like he dove across Lou to try and make the play. The better question is: why does Lou take himself out of the play doing the bellyflop so often? That's been my question for years. It's also one of the reasons I think Schneider is the better goalie.

<p><p>Funny, looked to me like he dove across Lou to try and make the play. The better question is: why does Lou take himself out of the play doing the bellyflop so often? That's been my question for years. It's also one of the reasons I think Schneider is the better goalie.

Completely agree with you on that play, but what I find to be really frustrating is that the Canuck D is so inconsistent with taking the body in front of the net. During a scramble it is the goalie's job to find the puck and the D's job to level any opposing player to the ice. We got beat because our D and backchecking forwards were too busy puck watching or trying to play goal instead of doing their jobs and taking the body. To be fair Bieksa was not the only one doing this, everyone was guilty of it (Ehrhoff is also notorious).

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a stupid question... but why is Bieksa nicknamed "Juice"

Kevin Bieksa’s nickname of “Juice” has followed him since his days with the Manitoba Moose of the AHL, and not for the reason you’re thinking. He just really likes pineapple juice, with the legendary folk tales pegging his daily intake at two litres .

Guess that guarantee worked out :)

:D

The funny part is that you brought this back up months later. The funnier part is it seems you didn't get that my post was more making fun of you than it was making a point. Seriously serious. Perhaps you're bringing this up ironically though?

But yes the Canucks went out early...your guarantee was seriously serious. It had nothing to do with Ehrhoff though and everything to do with no Tanner Glass. I didn't tell anyone but I silently guaranteed last off season that this team wouldn't make it out of the first round without Glass. Seriously... (serious)

Congratulations to Kevin, for finishing 2nd in even-strength points for defenseman this season. More than Chara, Keith, Doughty, Lidstrom...everybody but Karlsson.

lol, way to take a stat out of context in an attempt to put your boy in the same class as the NHL elite Dmen. Bxa isn't even elite as a Nuck Dman, let alone an NHL Dman.

Here is a link to a review of his performance this past season. http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Canucks+Kevin+Juice+Bieksa+best+physical+game/6592038/story.html

I really like these parts

"A season long poll among The Province readers chose Bieksa as the player who had to raise his game the furthest to have success in the playoffs"

"

Kevin Bieksa reads a lot. He may even be reading this. Every once in a while he’ll take slight umbrage with something. Recently, it was when someone suggested Dan Hamhuis spent most of his season cleaning up Bieksa’s, well, mistakes."

"But the Canucks don’t rely on points from Bieksa, and that’s a rub I’m not sure he even understands. The Canucks aren’t at their best when Bieksa is swashbuckling up and down the ice."

The bottom line is the article suggests that Bxa is best when he is physical, although it's too bad he is such a lightweight . He doesn't have the physical tools to consistently be a physical player. What a waste of an NTC + the SEVEN million the Nuck's paid him this year.

lol, way to take a stat out of context in an attempt to put your boy in the same class as the NHL elite Dmen. Bxa isn't even elite as a Nuck Dman, let alone an NHL Dman.

Here is a link to a review of his performance this past season. http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Canucks+Kevin+Juice+Bieksa+best+physical+game/6592038/story.html

I really like these parts

"A season long poll among The Province readers chose Bieksa as the player who had to raise his game the furthest to have success in the playoffs"

"

Kevin Bieksa reads a lot. He may even be reading this. Every once in a while he’ll take slight umbrage with something. Recently, it was when someone suggested Dan Hamhuis spent most of his season cleaning up Bieksa’s, well, mistakes."

"But the Canucks don’t rely on points from Bieksa, and that’s a rub I’m not sure he even understands. The Canucks aren’t at their best when Bieksa is swashbuckling up and down the ice."

The bottom line is the article suggests that Bxa is best when he is physical, although it's too bad he is such a lightweight . He doesn't have the physical tools to consistently be a physical player. What a waste of an NTC + the SEVEN million the Nuck's paid him this year.

Yup, ignore the stats and listen to peoples opinions!

Archived