The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

You certainly do like to read a lot into what I say.

I fully agree that Bieksa was better than Alberts. When exactly did I say otherwise? Having said that, Bieksa was not really all the good just like the rest of our D.

I say that because it seems like to take issue with virtually any post defending KB. In that particular case he was victimized by the play of his defensive partner, as the poster was pointing out.

As far as a poor effort all around, I tend to agree. However, I think the offense was more deserving of blame than the D.

Alberts has played well this year, eh RUPERTKBD? Against the Habs, though, he was ASS!

I'm not much of a betting man, but, I think the Hamjuice pairing will stay together and Ballard may slip in to Alberts' place to send a message, no?

There was a thread earlier today saying Ballard would not play again tonight, but, I would rather have a poor Ballard than what we saw from AA agin' the Habs!

biggrin.gif

Yes. I think he has.

As I stated before, I believe he is being cut some slack by the coaches (Bowness is as much responsible as AV, BTW) because it was really his first poor performance. If he has another tonight, I think he may earn a pressbox seat at the ACC.

This thread is starting to bore me actually.

One side will blame Bieksa for everything and the other will suggest he never makes a mistake.

Both will attack anyone who might be able to see both perspectives.

I hear ya, dude. Some of us do understand, methinks, that their are 2 sides to a debate. To see both sides of an argument, even one as unimportant and trivial as this one, is a great human trait. Some of us might call it "win-win", in the words of Steven Covey. Some of us might call it something else.

Point is, it's fun to banter and debate, especially when it's about a key player on our favorite hockey team. Hope you don't get too bored. It'd be a shame to lose your comments from this thread.

Kevin Bieksa, you are really... a key player on the Canucks at this stage of the 2010-11 season.

biggrin.gif

I say that because it seems like to take issue with virtually any post defending KB. In that particular case he was victimized by the play of his defensive partner, as the poster was pointing out.

As far as a poor effort all around, I tend to agree. However, I think the offense was more deserving of blame than the D.

Yes. I think he has.

As I stated before, I believe he is being cut some slack by the coaches (Bowness is as much responsible as AV, BTW) because it was really his first poor performance. If he has another tonight, I think he may earn a pressbox seat at the ACC.

That would be quite the way to send a message to a player... scratch him in TO! If I were a player, I think I would get the message. I hope Alberts gets the chance to redeem himself tonight. I would rather see Ballard and Hamjuice against a tougher Sens squad though. Ottawa's got a little speed which I think Ballard would handle better than AA even though Ballard is no Usain Bolt.

towel.gif

I hear ya, dude. Some of us do understand, methinks, that their are 2 sides to a debate. To see both sides of an argument, even one as unimportant and trivial as this one, is a great human trait. Some of us might call it "win-win", in the words of Steven Covey. Some of us might call it something else.

Point is, it's fun to banter and debate, especially when it's about a key player on our favorite hockey team. Hope you don't get too bored. It'd be a shame to lose your comments from this thread.

Kevin Bieksa, you are really... a key player on the Canucks at this stage of the 2010-11 season.

biggrin.gif

Bieksa ... a key player on the Canucks at this stage of the 2010-11 season? Maybe, but I see him as a key that doesn't fit, in the long run.

That would be quite the way to send a message to a player... scratch him in TO! If I were a player, I think I would get the message. I hope Alberts gets the chance to redeem himself tonight. I would rather see Ballard and Hamjuice against a tougher Sens squad though. Ottawa's got a little speed which I think Ballard would handle better than AA even though Ballard is no Usain Bolt.

towel.gif

I agree.

Ballard would be playing if I were coach, (and would have played in Montreal as well) but although I come across as a know-it-all on this board, I don't pretend to know the inner workings of the team better than the coaching staff.

I dont mind people defending Bieksa at all. I even defend him myself on occasion. Why I respond is because there is a difference between defending Bieksa and trying to make him sound like he doesnt make mistakes or hang his teammates out to dry. EVERY player does it at one time or another, but I would be comfortable saying that on this team, Bieksa has a history of doing it more than most if not all of the others on this team.

I dont mind people defending Bieksa at all. I even defend him myself on occasion. Why I respond is because there is a difference between defending Bieksa and trying to make him sound like he doesnt make mistakes or hang his teammates out to dry. EVERY player does it at one time or another, but I would be comfortable saying that on this team, Bieksa has a history of doing it more than most if not all of the others on this team.

I don't think there are that many people doing that. Most of us realize that he makes his share of mistakes.

However, history is just that. I don't believe his play this season has been as bad as you and several others of his detractors seem to think.

As we said earlier: Agree to disagree.

Bieksa was just okay tonight. Solid offensively but suspect defensively, especially early on.

He had a couple of bad pinches but a couple of good ones as well. Overall not his best game, but not too bad. He looked lost defensively most of the night, but made a couple of good defensive plays later in the game.

Dont even get me started on Rome though......ugh.

Solid performance considering he was suffering from the flu. One of the better dmen, for the most part tonight. Effective 5 on 5 and on the PK...a little lackluster on the PP, but not terrible. He did take a bad penalty with a high hit with his hands along the boards in the 1st. It didn't cost us, so no harm no foul. And i clearly saw him jump into the fray after the whistle aggressively infront of his net, when someone took a shot at our player....but because he didn't drop his gloves and take an instigating penalty, so...i guess it doesn't mean anything to some.

+2 tonight, 3rd overall TOI for defencemen with 22:36 min.

Overall +5 rating which is good for a tie for 1st on the team among all defencemen, with Alberts.

I was pleased with his overall efforts.

Solid performance considering he was suffering from the flu. One of the better dmen, for the most part tonight. Effective 5 on 5 and on the PK...a little lackluster on the PP, but not terrible. He did take a bad penalty with a high hit with his hands along the boards in the 1st. It didn't cost us, so no harm no foul. And i clearly saw him jump into the fray after the whistle aggressively infront of his net, when someone took a shot at our player....but because he didn't drop his gloves and take an instigating penalty, so...i guess it doesn't mean anything to some.

+2 tonight, 3rd overall TOI for defencemen with 22:36 min.

Overall +5 rating which is good for a tie for 1st on the team among all defencemen, with Alberts.

I was pleased with his overall efforts.

Actually, I forgot to mention this. I noticed it too and it was nice to see a little emotion there.

Archived