10201 replies to this topic

#7081 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

I already acknowledged that the media were referring to them as such.

A moot point anyways IMO, as it's KB's play right now that is the issue. The only reason we're even talking about it is because the haters have changed their tune from "Bieksa is brutal" to "Bieksa used to be brutal", and they're fervently hoping that it will happen again.

Well, I did find Bieksa's defensive play to be brutal in '08/'09 when he was expected to play an aggressive pinching style and I didn't think he could rehabilitate poor habits (habits which he was still susceptible to last season) either which is why I wanted to get rid of him. However, now that our coaches have told him only to pinch when he's certain there will be solid puck control his defensive play has vastly improved and it's improved so much so (+24 & 2nd in the entire league - he's never come close to that) that it no longer makes any sense to deal the guy when we have a legit shot at the Cup this year.

As for those morons wishing a Canuck will fail again during his tenure in our uniform, really, why does anyone waste more than a single breath on them? It's almost like calling in to the Team1040 to argue with Troy "from Whiterock". Those types aren't real fans...

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#7082 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

Bieksa with winner.
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#7083 CANUCKLELION

CANUCKLELION

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

Bieksa with winner.

didn't ya mean weiner, He was -2 tonight, missed the net, was embarrasingly futile in his own end and capped off the night with another ill timed bonehead penalty.

Salo sounds real close to returning, (2 goals tonight) , MG should move Bxa while he can still get something for him.

Edited by CANUCKLELION, 04 February 2011 - 11:01 PM.

R.I.P, Rick Rypien Posted ImagePosted Image

#7084 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

didn't ya mean weiner, He was -2 tonight, missed the net, was embarrasingly futile in his own end and capped off the night with another ill timed bonehead penalty.

Salo sounds real close to returning, (2 goals tonight) , MG should move Bxa while he can still get something for him.

:lol: NOW +/- is relevant?

Also, I see you didn't do what I asked you to. You get a zero for the day for not doing you homework mister....

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#7085 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:38 PM

And check out who wrote it.....

Posted Image
My name is Matthew Fairburn, I am a freshman journalism major at the University of Missouri.

A solid source with inside connections I'm sure.....lol

Looks like he's playing NHL '11 on his X-Box.

He's based his blog on his in game stats, maybe?

KB3 did lay a bit of a turd tonight.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#7086 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:43 PM

I have to agree with you tonite, Canucklelion. Bieksa played a poo game tonight, for sure. The penalty capped it for me. Lou stole it for us and prevented Bieksa from being the goat in a game where the Canucks were outplayed for most of the night.

That said, I hope they extend him or re-sign him.

Posted Image

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#7087 CANUCKLELION

CANUCKLELION

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

Also, I see you didn't do what I asked you to. You get a zero for the day for not doing you homework mister....

ya, ya, I wrote down 13 or 14 times for you to run, I'll post them when I have more time.Posted Image

#7088 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,566 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:10 AM

THIS. This x 1000000.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7089 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

ya, ya, I wrote down 13 or 14 times for you to run, I'll post them when I have more time.Posted Image

Well, I'm going to bed. I'll have to look at them tomorrow.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#7090 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

A relative off game in relation to the steady play of the last few months....but some key blocked shots by Juice tonight, as well as good pinches and holds at the offensive blueline and good battle with the opposing star players. His penalty late was unfortunate...but seemed more like 2 mins for being too tough...although I concede his hands got high at the last moment.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#7091 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,964 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:19 AM

Bieksa didn't have a great game but Hamhius wasn't exactly shining either. Bieksa's -2 was a gift from Hammy as neither goal had anything to do with Bieksa.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#7092 Ace_of_Spades

Ace_of_Spades

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:33 AM

soooo many haters on B it's awesome..... you guys are all so clueless and pathetic, everyone has bad games, lord knows the sedins have been the goats of a game or two in the past, it happens deal with it and move on, truth be told he didn't even have a bad game really, a bad time for a penalty where he was just playing tough.... I seem to recall a #17 taking a dozen or so of those this year alone, among other players, but hey go on hating... I'm sure it makes your pathetic lives seem much much better, and yes canucklion, this is directed almost entirely at you :)

#7093 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:33 AM

bieksa owns.

/end thread.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#7094 CANUCKLELION

CANUCKLELION

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:21 AM

Bieksa didn't have a great game but Hamhius wasn't exactly shining either. Bieksa's -2 was a gift from Hammy as neither goal had anything to do with Bieksa.

Playing with Hamhuis is the best thing that has ever happened to Bxa, maybe you are right in that neither goal had anything to do with Bxa, the same thing is true for the majority of his +, +/- outings as well.

#7095 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

Playing with Hamhuis is the best thing that has ever happened to Bxa, maybe you are right in that neither goal had anything to do with Bxa, the same thing is true for the majority of his +, +/- outings as well.

I love you.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7096 sockeye

sockeye

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

double post sorry

Edited by sockeye, 05 February 2011 - 01:51 PM.

A Canucks fan since 1968 (before the NHL)

#7097 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

Blab, blah,blah.....
258bdr6.jpg

#7098 sockeye

sockeye

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:50 PM

<br />bieksa owns.<br /><br /><br />/end thread.<br />

<br /><br /><br />Amen to that. It's not like Bieksa hasn't had good years before. He's also played with other good Ds (i.e. Willie) so this strong season is not just linked to his pairing with Hammy. He has made a conscious effort to improve his defensive play. I hope we re-sign the Juice.
A Canucks fan since 1968 (before the NHL)

#7099 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

Well, I did find Bieksa's defensive play to be brutal in '08/'09 when he was expected to play an aggressive pinching style and I didn't think he could rehabilitate poor habits (habits which he was still susceptible to last season) either which is why I wanted to get rid of him. However, now that our coaches have told him only to pinch when he's certain there will be solid puck control his defensive play has vastly improved and it's improved so much so (+24 & 2nd in the entire league - he's never come close to that) that it no longer makes any sense to deal the guy when we have a legit shot at the Cup this year.

As for those morons wishing a Canuck will fail again during his tenure in our uniform, really, why does anyone waste more than a single breath on them? It's almost like calling in to the Team1040 to argue with Troy "from Whiterock". Those types aren't real fans...

The funny thing is, those guys will stand up and call themselves "true fans" who only criticize because they "want the Canucks to be the best they can be".

The reality is, their hoping that the object of their derision fails, so they can look like they know something that others on the forum don't.

I have to agree with you tonite, Canucklelion. Bieksa played a poo game tonight, for sure. The penalty capped it for me. Lou stole it for us and prevented Bieksa from being the goat in a game where the Canucks were outplayed for most of the night.

That said, I hope they extend him or re-sign him.

Posted Image

I think "poor" (or "poo" as you put it ;) ) is a bit of a harsh assessment.

it wasn't Juice's best game, but I think the late penalty was the main reason leading to the impression that he had a bad outing.

Early in the game when the 'Hawks were swarming, Bieksa had three shot-blocks in quick succession, all in good scoring areas for Chicago. He also had a couple of excellent keeps on Sedin shifts that could easily have turned into goals.

On the 2 on 1, I don't really see how he could have played it better. As great as Louie played, I'm sure he'd like to have that one back.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#7100 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

Looking at the boxscore, I see that Hammer was only minus 1. I know he was out when the second goal bounced in off Boynton, so it had to be someone else who made the bad pinch on the Toews goal. The video on the main page doesn't really show who it was.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#7101 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,566 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

Looking at the boxscore, I see that Hammer was only minus 1. I know he was out when the second goal bounced in off Boynton, so it had to be someone else who made the bad pinch on the Toews goal. The video on the main page doesn't really show who it was.

I was at the game - it was Malholtra. Got beat clean.
Posted Image

#7102 Sacrilage

Sacrilage

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

I no longer watch Bieksa. THat says a lot about how he has Improved his play.

#7103 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

I was at the game - it was Malholtra. Got beat clean.

Manny got rubbed out by Toews, but one of the 'Nucks defenseman had the puck chipped by him at the Hawks' blueline. The replay pretty much skips over it.

We know Bieksa was on the ice, but Hammer didn't receive a minus, so it had to be one of the other Canucks' defenders who either had already changed with DH, or had yet to change.

Edit: Just went back and watched the replay again. After Toews scores, you can see Hamhuis skating back into the play, so he either jumped onto the ice right after the bad pinch, or the +/- stat on the main page is wrong.

#7104 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,566 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

Manny got rubbed out by Toews, but one of the 'Nucks defenseman had the puck chipped by him at the Hawks' blueline. The replay pretty much skips over it.

We know Bieksa was on the ice, but Hammer didn't receive a minus, so it had to be one of the other Canucks' defenders who either had already changed with DH, or had yet to change.

Edit: Just went back and watched the replay again. After Toews scores, you can see Hamhuis skating back into the play, so he either jumped onto the ice right after the bad pinch, or the +/- stat on the main page is wrong.

No I'm sure it was Hamhuis. He's a -1 for the night 'cause he was on the ice for the 4th goal (I think Bieksa went off for the change as the play went up the ice).
Posted Image

#7105 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:39 PM

It was Hammer.

He was also on the ice for Dank's winner, hence the +1, and the -1 overall.

#7106 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,964 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

The winning goal came with Tanev on with Hammer instead of Bieksa. Hence the +/- difference. Bieksa was on at the start of the play but went to the bench just before it was scored.

The first goal Hammhuis got caught deep on the first goal. Malhotra tried to cover for him but Toews was too fast leaving a two on one on Bieksa. Bieksa played it right and left the shooter to Lou.

The second goal Hamhuis simple failed to control his man and lost position.

Neither goal against can truthfully be put on Bieksa.

You can check the game summary for who was on for the goals if you don't believe me....
Link: Game Summary

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#7107 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,566 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hurray errahbody. Everyone gets a plus for figuring out the mystery :P
Posted Image

#7108 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,964 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

I think "poor" (or "poo" as you put it ;) ) is a bit of a harsh assessment.

it wasn't Juice's best game, but I think the late penalty was the main reason leading to the impression that he had a bad outing.

Early in the game when the 'Hawks were swarming, Bieksa had three shot-blocks in quick succession, all in good scoring areas for Chicago. He also had a couple of excellent keeps on Sedin shifts that could easily have turned into goals.

On the 2 on 1, I don't really see how he could have played it better. As great as Louie played, I'm sure he'd like to have that one back.

They also came off of a terrible Hamhuis giveaway. I honestly thought this was one of Hammers worst games of the season. He turned over the puck in our end several times that led to quality Chicago chances.

The Bieksa penalty is just more blah, blah, blah in my opinion. It was unintentional as a result of contact. Those happen. Ballard took a slashing penalty with the game tied. Ehrhoff took a double minor (roughing/high sticking) with the game tied. And Kesler took a slashing penalty with Chicago up by one. All of those were intentional and could have taken the wind out of the team. If a player is constantly taking intentional penalties I can certainly understand criticism. But not the incidental penalties. They can be costly but it's not the same as the guy "hoping" to get away with one in a close game. Those are the penalties that can really kill you.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#7109 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

I frequently look up the stats while I watch the game. Just to see how much time certain players are getting etc. The stats are updated live on NHL.com. Anyways, Hamhuis was -2 as well. He went to -1 because he was on the ice for a Sedin goal in the 3rd period, Bieksa wasn't. So Hamhuis got a plus when Bieksa didn't. Hence taking Hamhuis to -1 and leaving Bieksa at -2.

#7110 klw604

klw604

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

Very solid, poised, has that swagger back in his game. Hope he gets his shot going again, remember the 10 shot game he had a couple of times 2 seasons ago.

Would of been nice if Bieksa made the pass back to H.Sedin on the 3 on 2, looked like a easy goal if bieska made the pass instead of shot the puck where it made burrows jump 10 feet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.