The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

It's no use showing this CC. That noted expert in analyzing what goes on in a hockey game, CANUCKELION has decreed that KB didn't land any punches in that scrap, except for one that connected with the back of Voros' helmet.

With those kind of observational skills, it's no wonder he's able to make so many logical, well thought out posts in this and other CDC threads.

Not exactly what I posted, I did say that his last couple were fist to helmet and it was a good thing BXa didn't damage his hand, because if he were injured he would be impossible to trade.

The truth is the only thing about Bieksa that is tough is that he is tough to watch him, he is a horrible defender, and as far as your hollow assertions that Bieksa is aggressive, the 3 gif's below show a pansy in the crease afraid to take the man, he would rather fish for the puck. He not only screens Bobby Lou but he even scores on him. I defy you to find even one gif that shows Edler making gaffes as bad as Bieksa does regularly. The reality is that Bieksa will be moved and Edler will be a Canuck for a long time.

Not any more tougher than reading your posts. You're a horrible comedian and satirist. It's sooooo painful to read your observations on Bieksa. I must be a bit of a masochist as well....but like any horrible car wreck, I just can't help myself from having a look. Then I see the mangles mess and carnage and I always ask myself why did I bother. Ugh.

So the absence of evidence in gif format, automatically means Edler doesn't makes gaffes regularly? Wow...that's some good logic you got there. And as far as regularly....Bieksa doesn't make the gaffes that you have presented regularly...that's why you could only find the three.

I like Edler...so i'm not going to trash him....again, I generally don't trash any Canuck players...but to say that he doesn't make mistakes as well, is lunacy. The one thing i would perhaps agree on is the severity of mistakes...but that's not to say he doesn't make severe ones, which cost us a goal or a scoring chance.

Abscence of evidence is not evidence of abscence.

Despite your inane, off topic and insulting rhetoric, Bieksa was pummeling plastic. lolbiggrin.gif

Not exactly what I posted, I did say that his last couple were fist to helmet and it was a good thing BXa didn't damage his hand, because if he were injured he would be impossible to trade.

Hmmm.... I suppose that in light of your week-old post, I can be forgiven for "mistaking" what you said....

Oh, and "lol".

Not any more tougher than reading your posts. You're a horrible comedian and satirist. It's sooooo painful to read your observations on Bieksa. I must be a bit of a masochist as well....but like any horrible car wreck, I just can't help myself from having a look. Then I see the mangles mess and carnage and I always ask myself why did I bother. Ugh.

So the absence of evidence in gif format, automatically means Edler doesn't makes gaffes regularly? Wow...that's some good logic you got there. And as far as regularly....Bieksa doesn't make the gaffes that you have presented regularly...that's why you could only find the three.

I like Edler...so i'm not going to trash him....again, I generally don't trash any Canuck players...but to say that he doesn't make mistakes as well, is lunacy. The one thing i would perhaps agree on is the severity of mistakes...but that's not to say he doesn't make severe ones, which cost us a goal or a scoring chance.

Fair enough, I just really took exception to the assertion that Edler was as big a defensive liability as Bieksa.

Bieksa 's play to date should dictate whether or not he is around when Salo is ready to return, that and any other injuries to pricey players that may occur.

To date, although Bieksa has improved vs last year, he still is not good enough to stick and Salo will be a huge improvement.

Fair enough, I just really took exception to the assertion that Edler was as big a defensive liability as Bieksa.

Bieksa 's play to date should dictate whether or not he is around when Salo is ready to return, that and any other injuries to pricey players that may occur.

To date, although Bieksa has improved vs last year, he still is not good enough to stick and Salo will be a huge improvement.

And when Salo gets injured after 3 games? Oh wait, we still have Rome and Alberts who are both better then Bieksa.

And when Salo gets injured after 3 games? Oh wait, we still have Rome and Alberts who are both better then Bieksa.

Well...What would you suggest they do? Force Salo into retirement? Trade Ehrhoff, Edler, Hamhuis or Ballard? Trade Samuelsson +? Someone has got to go and while I can't actually believe that management will trade Bieksa due to their inexplicable love affair with Bieksa and their Sadistic tendancies towards keeping him around to watch everyone suffer from watching him lose games all by himself I really do hope he gets traded.

As I see Salo not being a viable option past this year....and Bieksa being a better option for us for the next 2-3 years at defense...i'd rather keep Bieksa over Salo for the next couple of years and our Cup window, than lose both for next season. Salo, will play this year, if Bieksa goes...but i highly doubt we resign him after the playoffs. If we win the Cup this year..then great...good move...but if we don't, then we lose two guys instead of one guy who knows our system and who can contribute to the d of the team in different capacities.

So, though Salo is the better option...for the very near term....it's a gamble. I think the better option is keeping Juice.

Which i'm sure you will vehemently disagree with.

Weighing in with a meaty and insightful post on Kevin now:

Nevermind. What I wanted to say was, almost more than any other player Bieksa is immediately identifiable on the ice not only by his number, but by the way he looks. His head, his helmet.. both seem small and angular, and there is never any mistaking #3 out there.

Nevermind. What I wanted to say was, almost more than any other player Bieksa is immediately identifiable on the ice not only by his number, but by the way he looks. His head, his helmet.. both seem small and angular, and there is never any mistaking #3 out there.

ok?

Maybe the next one will be more insightful?

smile.gif

As it is with every single player out there :shock:

Or do we love Bieksa so much that he's the only one you notice? Lol? I remember the Naslund Night pre-game warmup with all the players wearing #19 and it was pretty easy to pick out who was who.

As I see Salo not being a viable option past this year....and Bieksa being a better option for us for the next 2-3 years at defense...i'd rather keep Bieksa over Salo for the next couple of years and our Cup window, than lose both for next season. Salo, will play this year, if Bieksa goes...but i highly doubt we resign him after the playoffs. If we win the Cup this year..then great...good move...but if we don't, then we lose two guys instead of one guy who knows our system and who can contribute to the d of the team in different capacities.

So, though Salo is the better option...for the very near term....it's a gamble. I think the better option is keeping Juice.

We could easily get some young talent in to cover for Bieksa and Salo leaving. Parent for one could be ready or Connauton maybe even Sweatt.

We could easily get some young talent in to cover for Bieksa and Salo leaving. Parent for one could be ready or Connauton maybe even Sweatt.

Easily? The rest of the league is having trouble finding dmen to fill in for their shortfalls and injuries. What makes you come to the conclusion that we could.....easily?

Parent is still a work in progress as is, Connauton and Sweatt....tey are not NHL ready. Parent is the most ready but still not ready enough to bring anything close to the leadership, flexibility, aggressiveness, and skating ability that Bieksa does. He's also nowhere near as good defencively, or potentially offensively. Parent needs a full season in the AHL. He will not be a regular come next season.

So the dilemma still remains of this year unsurety with Salo's play versus keeping Bieksa instead for a couple three years, even if he plays like this so far, for the next few years. What's the better option? In my mind...keeping Juice.

Easily? The rest of the league is having trouble finding dmen to fill in for their shortfalls and injuries. What makes you come to the conclusion that we could.....easily?

Parent is still a work in progress as is, Connauton and Sweatt....tey are not NHL ready. Parent is the most ready but still not ready enough to bring anything close to the leadership, flexibility, aggressiveness, and skating ability that Bieksa does. He's also nowhere near as good defencively, or potentially offensively. Parent needs a full season in the AHL. He will not be a regular come next season.

So the dilemma still remains of this year unsurety with Salo's play versus keeping Bieksa instead for a couple three years, even if he plays like this so far, for the next few years. What's the better option? In my mind...keeping Juice.

I don't get this notion among Canucks fans that Parent is an NHL defenseman. He was easily our worst dman when he was in the line-up, even made Rome look like a god send.

I don't get this notion among Canucks fans that Parent is an NHL defenseman. He was easily our worst dman when he was in the line-up, even made Rome look like a god send.

Exactly. I think because they still think of his Junior days, WJHC days, or that brief stint he had during the Flyers playoffs a couple years ago.

I don't get it myself Duo....he's just plain not ready and won't be until he gets some major time in the AHL and some confidence back. He could be a defensive stalwart...but right now, he's just a wart on the Canucks backend.

No offense intended to him or his supporters.

True, Other than being a right handed shot, in the big picture, Bieksa adds nothing to the team and may even detract from the overall effectiveness of the defense as a unit, because Hamhuis has to hold his hand. lol

True, Other than being a right handed shot, in the big picture, Bieksa adds nothing to the team and may even detract from the overall effectiveness of the defense as a unit, because Hamhuis has to hold his hand. lol

I didn't see Hammer holding his hands this first period....Juice rushed well with the puck, hit well, played the PK well....and overall had a pretty good and defencively solid first period.

Tell me though, now that the intermission is here...who's going to hold your hand while you go to the bathroom?

I know you wear pull-ups, cause your a big boi now...but seriously, who generally holds YOUR hand?

After missing 22 games Huselius vs Edler?

Starting to like Bieksa now.

I'm starting to like you more as well.

Though i liked your pictures of the Canucks plenty fine before, also.

And as a summary for all, of Bieksa's 2nd period...

He was sound defensively.....made good rushes again, like the 1st period....and made a great pass to Burr. So his offensive instincts are still quite sound.

i'm sure his good game tonight will continue into the third....we'll see.

Archived