The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Well if they were on for 3 goals fo and 0 against , wouldn't they be +3? I don't believe they were both on for PP goals.Still there were 7 goals for and for BXa, not to have a point, tells me he was a no show offensively. As far as being defensively sound, remember they were playing the Blue Jackets eh, that and his partner, who had less ice time also managed a +2, and picked up a point.

Don't bother watching the game. By all means, draw all conclusions from the stats, they will tell you everything you need to know. Garon is a better goalie than Luongo, Torres is a better goal scorer than Burrows, Raymond and Henrik, and Bieksa didn't display the ability to jump into the play, create chances and still play sound defensive hockey. But then I guess if my head was jammed that far up my ass, I would judge players by what others think of them too.

Don't bother watching the game. By all means, draw all conclusions from the stats, they will tell you everything you need to know. Garon is a better goalie than Luongo, Torres is a better goal scorer than Burrows, Raymond and Henrik, and Bieksa didn't display the ability to jump into the play, create chances and still play sound defensive hockey. But then I guess if my head was jammed that far up my ass, I would judge players by what others think of them too.

Well I watch the game and unlike you I don't wear Bxa love goggles, nor do I regurgitate the comments of Garret or Shorthouse. And when they were commenting on the D's ability to jump in, it wasn't Bxa they were talking about. As far as using stats to support a position, that is the logical thing to do, your post, just shows why stats are for losers. BXa is a liability, and his 3.75 mil cap hit could be better spent.

You are entitled to your opinion, but there are 284 pages here that tell me most fans just can't wait until Salo gets back.

Well I watch the game and unlike you I don't wear Bxa love goggles, nor do I regurgitate the comments of Garret or Shorthouse. And when they were commenting on the D's ability to jump in, it wasn't Bxa they were talking about. As far as using stats to support a position, that is the logical thing to do, your post, just shows why stats are for losers. BXa is a liability, and his 3.75 mil cap hit could be better spent.

You are entitled to your opinion, but there are 284 pages here that tell me most fans just can't wait until Salo gets back.

There's 284 pages of trolling, just like the above post. No other reason. Just because idiocy loves company, doesn't mean the idiots no what they're talking about.

BTW: the Cap hit is one of those "loser" stats that you refer to.

Keep backtracking and tap dancing. Your foundation is crumbling around you.

You regurgitate every uninformed blowhard that calls in to TEAM 1040, post game.

Well if they were on for 3 goals fo and 0 against , wouldn't they be +3? I don't believe they were both on for PP goals.Still there were 7 goals for and for BXa, not to have a point, tells me he was a no show offensively. As far as being defensively sound, remember they were playing the Blue Jackets eh, that and his partner, who had less ice time also managed a +2, and picked up a point.

drowning.gif

Wrong.

1 - When did Salo get elevated to "elite" status. I like the the guy and he's a very good two way d-man, but elite? Come on.

2 - NTC. I have doubts Salo would waive it so trading him is a rather unlikely option.

3 - Teams that can't take Salo's cap hit can't take Bieksa's either. Rather pointless using that as an argument when Bieksa has a higher cap hit.

1) Salo can play against any top line in the league and be very successful in both ends of the ice, that for me means he's an elite defensemen. Sure there are better D-men out there, but he would be a first pairing on almost any team in the league today. What is your definition of Elite?

2) I agree completely

3) My point was that only cup contenders would take Salo over Bieksa - ie those teams that have a chance to win the cup this year or next - teams like LA, even Edmonton or Colorado who could make a serious run in 5 years or so could be interested in taking Bieksa (because he's going to be around long term) so I think my argument has a very valid point

^ Probably because it's super late but I've honestly lost track of sarcasm in your posts. You're not seriously suggesting intentionally injuring a player, right? Because it was like, a little funny when you brought it up the first time but you keep bringing it up.....

Firstly, sarcasm blows.

Secondly, I would not personally intentionally injure a player myself.

Fifthly, it was a joke at first, but the more I drink and think about it, the more I believe this is actually the ultimate solution to our cap problem. If Bieksa would just step up and take one for the team... come back once the playoffs start (and the cap isn't an issue)... we would DOMINATE!. Its turned from an off-the-cuff suggestion into wishful thinking... all I want for Xmax is KB on LTIR.

Well if they were on for 3 goals fo and 0 against , wouldn't they be +3? I don't believe they were both on for PP goals. Still there were 7 goals for and for BXa, not to have a point, tells me he was a no show offensively. As far as being defensively sound, remember they were playing the Blue Jackets eh, that and his partner, who had less ice time also managed a +2, and picked up a point.

Do you ever tire of being wrong?

#8 3 6:46 PP VAN G: 13 R.TORRES(10) A: 2 D.HAMHUIS(6) 26 M.SAMUELSSON(16)

On the ice 2, 3, 13, 26, 27, 35

The first of the 3 goals Bieksa was on for, started with him. The second came off a strong forecheck and involved only the forwards on the opposite side of the rink from the corner to the half boards. The PP goal started with the 3 forwards. Samuelson carried the puck towards Bieksa at the blueline. Bieksa slid across towards the center of the blueline which Hamhuis in turn slid down the right side to the half boards. With the positioning of the Columbus PK'ers Hamhuis was all alone on the far side and Samuelson had a clear passing lane to him. Hamhuis was his best option. But with Samuelson coming to the point both Bieksa and Hamhuis played it correctly rotating away from him creating space and options.

Just so you're aware, a maximum of three players get a point when a goal is scored. Which means at least two of the five won't get a point. And a player actually has to be on the ice to have a chance at getting a point which Bieksa wasn't for four of them. At the very least your complaint should be Bieksa didn't get a point with THREE goals scored as four of the goals he couldn't possibly get a point just like the other 12 players on the bench. And BTW, Bieksa was on the ice for a whopping 9 seconds more than Hamhuis. That tells me they were quite effective on their changes as a pair.

Or perhaps....Still there were 7 goals for, and for Ballard not to have a point, tells me he was a no show offensively. As far as being defensively sound, remember they were playing the Blue Jackets yet he tripped over himself as he was completely undressed by a player from an inferior team. All for $4.2m.

Merry Christmas

1) Salo can play against any top line in the league and be very successful in both ends of the ice, that for me means he's an elite defensemen. Sure there are better D-men out there, but he would be a first pairing on almost any team in the league today. What is your definition of Elite?

2) I agree completely

3) My point was that only cup contenders would take Salo over Bieksa - ie those teams that have a chance to win the cup this year or next - teams like LA, even Edmonton or Colorado who could make a serious run in 5 years or so could be interested in taking Bieksa (because he's going to be around long term) so I think my argument has a very valid point

1) That makes him a good defenseman, not elite. If he was Canadian he would not even be considered for Team Canada.

2) Well at least we agree on one thing.

3) I disagree. Teams out of the playoff picture don't typically trade for pending UFA's. Particularly with hopes and dreams the player will sign a long term extension. They tend to be looking to move pending UFA's. They can make a pitch for them in the off-season without giving up assets. Teams from contender to playoff picture will trade for pending UFA's for an added push. They rarely do so with the high hopes of the player re-signing. They're rentals and little more. Both Salo and Bieksa qualify for that role and both would require about the same cap space to take on.

Last time I asked you said the money could be spent on bringing up hodgson. So this time around: how could his caphit be better spent?

Last time I asked you said the money could be spent on bringing up hodgson. So this time around: how could his caphit be better spent?

I'm not sure which post you are referring to, I remember posting that regarding someone's cap compliant roster solution for next year, that included both Bieksa and Salo in the lineup was so tight to the cap that it left no room for bringing up any prospects, let alone Hodgson, who probably will be ready next year with a cap hit of around 850 , with bonuses 1,666,000.

My point being for next year Gilman should plan some cap space for pricey prospects, this year his challenge will be fitting Salo back into the lineup without losing depth.

Bieksa has 7 points while getting the most ice time among our defencemen AND gets a ton of powerplay time. The only reason he isn't a complete failure is because we have a great team and Hamhuis is babysitting him. I can't wait till Salo comes back.

You sir, are an astute observer of the game, I agree that because BXa is paired with Hammy, he plays better, comparably I believe a Salo, Hammy pairing would be a truly effective playoff shutdown pairing. I can't wait til Salo comes back.

Bieksa has 7 points while getting the most ice time among our defencemen AND gets a ton of powerplay time. The only reason he isn't a complete failure is because we have a great team and Hamhuis is babysitting him. I can't wait till Salo comes back.

Yeah...first of all Edler gets the most ice time out of ALL defencemen. And the time that Bieksa does get on the PP are on the 2nd PP unit which generally has about 35 - 45 seconds to work with each time as the 1st PP unit usually does not split the time evenly and mostly go over 1 minute. Secondly, Hamhuis does not babysit Bieksa in the least. On many occasions Bieksa has come over to help out Hamhuis or to cover up for him when he misses his man along the boards or behind the net, or just when he gets flat out beaten. Bieksa is generally the one communicating with Hamhuis as to where to go and what to do. Hamhuis has said that he enjoys playing with Biejsa because he communicates alot, is quite vocal between the two of them and it makes things easier for him.

I too can't wait to see what Salo brings to the table when he gets back, but you're not too bright if you think somehow we're going to be a greatly better team, or that Salo is going to play leaps and bounds better with Hamhuis than Bieksa does. The fact that he hasn't played a game in about 9 or 10 months would tell most intelligent hockey observers that, the guy will have a lot of rust, and nowhere near mid season legs and conditioning. You either are quite new to hockey....or haven't picked up a lot in your time watching. You should really watch and learn the game instead of just 'looking' at the teevee, or look, but keep your ridiculous and factually wrong comments to yourself....please.....if you don't want to be called out for them, that is.

You sir, are an astute observer of the game, I agree that because BXa is paired with Hammy, he plays better, comparably I believe a Salo, Hammy pairing would be a truly effective playoff shutdown pairing. I can't wait til Salo comes back.

Like a retarded moth to a flame.

Oh...and happy holidays! :)

Archived