The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Bieksa is playing well, no doubt.

And if he plays like this in the playoffs, i'd keep him over Salo.

= BUT =

I am sure, that in the playoffs, he will make critical errors that cost us games.

deal with it.

Don't go blind watching KB excel, Harry! As long as he "keeps his hand on his stick", he will be golden!laugh.gif

Every time a team loses, someone makes a critical error.

I"ve been consistent in my angle, I just can't wait till Salo gets back, Bieksa is his replacement, sure he is doing the job but IMO the only retarded angle is the one you Bieksa apologists take. The one that doesn't involve moving Bieksa to create the cap space to welcome Salo back.

Canukelion's angle: Bieksa sucks. Cite a statistic (relevance or comparisons optional). Everyone who doesn't agree is a Bieksa apologist.

Although to your credit, it's no longer "Bieksa lover", which means that there are fewer and fewer arguments to be made as time goes on. But I know you're holding out for one BIG mistake you're counting on him making to forever cement your validity.

Hey, what happened to the trip to Europe? Sorry, I've been less active on the boards so I didn't get to see how that went.

Canukelion's angle: Bieksa sucks. Cite a statistic (relevance or comparisons optional). Everyone who doesn't agree is a Bieksa apologist.

Although to your credit, it's no longer "Bieksa lover", which means that there are fewer and fewer arguments to be made as time goes on. But I know you're holding out for one BIG mistake you're counting on him making to forever cement your validity.

Hey, what happened to the trip to Europe? Sorry, I've been less active on the boards so I didn't get to see how that went.

Thanks for asking, it was great, a week in Iraq and then a week in Germany/ Holland, I was gone for 21/2 weeks. So far it appears like a successful trip.

Kinda like the Nuck's season, so far so good.biggrin.gif

Love Bieksa, love him!!! Grittiest defenseman we have. We can't go into the playoffs with skilled but soft defensemen. Alberts is the only other defenseman with any serious physical presence but he's iffy in the skill and hockey sense department. Keep Kevin.

<br />Love Bieksa, love him!!! Grittiest defenseman we have. We can't go into the playoffs with skilled but soft defensemen. Alberts is the only other defenseman with any serious physical presence but he's iffy in the skill and hockey sense department. Keep Kevin.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Plus love his leadership and fighting abilities. He not only commands a lot of respect from his teammates but from the opposition as well. You can see the opposition players give way and backdown when he challenges them physically during the play.

<br /><br /><br />

Plus love his leadership and fighting abilities. He not only commands a lot of respect from his teammates but from the opposition as well. You can see the opposition players give way and backdown when he challenges them physically during the play.

I couldn't agree more. There is a reason H. Sedin made him the assistant captain. He must be a huge part of the locker room. No many people would fight him now because he simply don't lose fights. When he fights, there is no bs of just holding each others' arms . He knows how to free his arm to throw down some heavy punches. Gotta love his grit and character that are hard to come by. We should keep him until he retires. :)

"He's been one of our most consistent players all for quite some time' date=' where at the beginning of the year it was one very good game, one good game, etc.," said Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault. "All his games now, he's been very dependable at both ends of the rink. That's the Kevin we know and that's the Kevin we expect."[/quote']

3rd star of the game, 1 goal, +2, 23:51 mins played.

That is all.

HEY CANUKLELION!

kevinbieksashh.jpg

Hurts so bad, don't it?!

P.S. It was also the Game Winning Goal....oooh.....ouch. laugh.gif

That's horsecrap. What a garbage goal by Bieksux. That was all burrows. Bum can't even skate.

Or maybe I had to much Sangsom whiskey last night!

It's time we start looking at trading one of Raymond/Samuelsson instead of Bieksa imo. My vote goes to Raymond.

It may not be the smart long-term move but we're in a position here where we have a shot at the cup now.

More likely is Raymond only. One reason Samuelsson is signed is for his Cup experience.

Raymond is a speedy soft winger with an average shot and doesn't play physical much, which are a dime a dozen in the current league and can easily be replaced. When is the last time you see Raymond speed down the side and cuts back to the front of the net? Never, he ALWAYS goes around the other side for a wraparound or another go around the outside. Grabner was one of the same mold and he's gone. Tamby is just like that but more physical, and way cheaper.

That's horsecrap. What a garbage goal by Bieksux. That was all burrows. Bum can't even skate.

Or maybe I had to much Sangsom whiskey last night!

You might have, but you know the old Latin saying rings true, "vino veritas" or in English, "in wine there is truth"

BXa himself said...

I stayed patient on the point, then Alex Burrows kicked one out and my job was to get the puck to the net. I got it past the first guy and it went through some legs. I'll take it.” – Canuck blueliner Kevin Bieksa on his dramatic game-winner with 24 seconds remaining.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/Game+within+game+notice/4027887/story.html#ixzz19KbcnwL7

It was a flukey seeing eye shot, I'm glad it went in, but I still can't wait til Salo, a big, smooth skating guy with a real shot gets back.

Great game by Bieksa who is playing well in his new shut down role! Game winning goal and was a +2 :D

Edler and Erhoff both were -2 and did not look good on both Oilers goals. But thats hockey, most goals are scored off someones mistakes.

With Bieksa now healthy his number of mistakes are the same or less then the other Canuck defensemen.

Archived