The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Agreed. People are able to look over the stupid penalty that Kesler took because he's Kesler, but every little thing that Bieksa does is questionable. The media, especially TEAM 1040, blows things up WAY too much! I'm not saying Bieksa has been solid over the last few years, but he's been playing alright minus some stupid plays.

Over the last few years on CDC, I've seen Naslund, Pyatt, Bernier, Raymond, Bieksa, all scrutinized.. and the only thing I can say is, media attention is only bad. The only places that I can think of that has it as bad as Vancouver or more is Toronto and Montreal.

couldnt agree more

When a player is paid nearly 4 million dollars a year and it's a credit to him that he was average at best, that's a fail. The only notable thing he did in tonight's game was take two stupid penalties, one of which was in overtime. That's not what you want out of a highly paid d-man. Hmmmm, what was the problem with O'Brien? Oh yeah, undisciplined....and at half the price....

Then what would you call a $5 mil player that took a total useless stupid penality away from the play and played average at best including missing in the shootout?

As said earlier in this thread Bieksa does a lot of good things that are not really noticeable. Yes. He makes mistakes, but he also has skill at least. Basically he could be a lot worse. Get over it.

Like what? I keep hearing this? What did he do tonight, or any other night over the last season or so, that any 5th d-man in the league could not or would not do? He coughs up the puck. He rarely makes good hit. He's 50-50 at best on getting the puck out of his zone. He doesn't fight. He takes bad penalties. He rarely scores. What is this mythical skill set? Every other d-man on the team outplayed him tonight, including the hated (playoffs last year) Alberts, so why would you waste nearly four million dollars of cap space on him?

I suspect it's because the rest of the league has seen how overpaid he is and won't eat the contract for a 5th or 6th d-man. At that position in the depth chart, I think he's an asset, but he is so very clearly not a top four d-man on this team. Maybe on the Giants....

i know that - it's just that you don't take a penalty in overtime, and what does he do?!

Other than taht, KB played his role in the first 60, which is good enough for me.

Well we didn't lose the game because of that penalty anyways, im sure he will smarten up.

Kesler on the other hand was in the box when they scored, no comment on that huh? Just because he's Kesler. :rolleyes:

Then what would you call a $5 mil player that took a total useless stupid penality away from the play and played average at best including missing in the shootout?

Oh, I know, the answer to this!

It's CAPTAIN!

Wait, never mind, that's Henrik.

Like what? I keep hearing this? What did he do tonight, or any other night over the last season or so, that any 5th d-man in the league could not or would not do? He coughs up the puck. He rarely makes good hit. He's 50-50 at best on getting the puck out of his zone. He doesn't fight. He takes bad penalties. He rarely scores. What is this mythical skill set? Every other d-man on the team outplayed him tonight, including the hated (playoffs last year) Alberts, so why would you waste nearly four million dollars of cap space on him?

I suspect it's because the rest of the league has seen how overpaid he is and won't eat the contract for a 5th or 6th d-man. At that position in the depth chart, I think he's an asset, but he is so very clearly not a top four d-man on this team. Maybe on the Giants....

1. He makes a great first pass, much better than 50/50.

2. He can go on the rush.

3. He has grit. Maybe doesn't hit as much as he used to in his first season, but defense doesn't always mean hitting. Defense means getting the puck away from the opposing players and defending the goalie.

4. Other than the penalties in tonight's game, what did he do to piss you off?

5. He can and has fought on occasion.

6. He brings leadership qualities in the dressing room.

I don't know who you've been watching, but perhaps watching the games more than listening to the media will help you out.

I love Bieksa, but he played like a complete fracktard tonight, doesnt deserve to log that kind of ice time if hes going to be such a huge burden on the team, throw him back on the third paring if he keeps this up, hopefully he can turn it around though, besides that, first game, meh.

What did he do wrong and don't mention the penalty that was questionable and the one that wasn't. Because that was all. Oh, and don't make garbage up either because I watched the game.

I haven't seen anything constructive yet criticizing Bieksa. It's pathetic.

Thank you

Archived