The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

I think this year is ok, with Gillman's skills but I wonder about next year....Removing Salo's contract and resigning Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Alberts, Tambellini, Hansen, Torres, Bolduc, Glass, may be tougher said than done, when most of those guys absolutely deserve a raise....especially Hansen, Torres, Tambellini, Alberts and Ehrhoff. That's gonna be crazy hard to squish in.....i think.

We probably wont need Torres and Glass/Bolduc, even if we keep them I don't see these guys getting huge raises, Tambellini, Ehrhoff, Bieksa and Hansen will all command raises that's true, but Hodgson and Schroeder barring some kind of tragedy will hopefully be ready to at least break in with some 3rd line minutes or something next year. So Torres, Glass and Bolduc are probably not needed. Likewise for Alberts if we keep Bieksa AND Ehrhoff, as we would likely have a prospect ready and able to fill in that 6th slot nicely.

Okay.....now you're annoying me.

Come on now buddayyy come on (I'm just tryin to fill in while CXL isn't here)

Ya it's pretty hard to get him to sign for less than league minimum because that's all he is worth as he wouldn't even make it in Europe leagues you apologist n00b

We need to waive him now who cares if Salo is coming back or not it'd just be nice not to be so close to teh cap

What, he doesn't! What's your point, apologist? BXA's only skill is peeing on people's shoe and then sneering at them?

Even if he DID know kung-fu he'd suck at it, he'd only land like 7% of his kicks. Stats are for losers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think this year is ok, with Gillman's skills but I wonder about next year....Removing Salo's contract and resigning Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Alberts, Tambellini, Hansen, Torres, Bolduc, Glass, may be tougher said than done, when most of those guys absolutely deserve a raise....especially Hansen, Torres, Tambellini, Alberts and Ehrhoff. That's gonna be crazy hard to squish in.....i think.

It will be....i think what will be the dealbreaker is the playoff performance...and not the agents getting greedy for their clients because of performance...but the opposite effect.

Players these days want to go to contenders....and Gillis has made it quite cushy for the players...this is as world class as it gets.

And i am hoping more players/agents get real with their contract negotiations. in a salary cap world.

But all that aside...MG/Gilman does have his work cut out for him.

We probably wont need Torres and Glass/Bolduc, even if we keep them I don't see these guys getting huge raises, Tambellini, Ehrhoff, Bieksa and Hansen will all command raises that's true, but Hodgson and Schroeder barring some kind of tragedy will hopefully be ready to at least break in with some 3rd line minutes or something next year. So Torres, Glass and Bolduc are probably not needed. Likewise for Alberts if we keep Bieksa AND Ehrhoff, as we would likely have a prospect ready and able to fill in that 6th slot nicely.

I guess Hodgson is an option, but does he really provide what Torres does on the 3rd line? I don't think so. Torres is gritty, can score, and is honestly....the perfect fit with Malhotra. I'd want to keep him, for sure. Glass is losable, however Bolduc may have some worth as a 4th line center....he seems to be the right fit after umpteen kicks at the can, right?

Schroeder, I don't see as being ready....even next year.....he's not really having a good year on the Moose....i think in a couple of years he could slot in. I think the team may lose one or two peripheral guys over the next three, years....that being our most likely window of oppurtunity to win the cup....and I don't see anyone, but Glass, Bolduc, Desbien, Rome, Alberts, even Hansen in some ways....as being anything more than periphery players on the team....interchangeable with other like styled players via trade or free agency. I think the rest of the guys are kinda must have's. That's just my take and argument....for now.

Come on now buddayyy come on (I'm just tryin to fill in while CXL isn't here)

Oh i know bud.....but it was uber annoying when he does it....and having even him in satire gets on my nerves rapidly....although, you did make me chuckle the first time around.....now quit it! wink.gif

I don't disagree until you say he's making the best of what he's given.

Given previous performance he doesn't seem to be the same player he was on a much worse team. Could be the injuries or it could be just the wrong scenario for him.

I'd still take this half a ballard over Bernier and Grabner.

Maybe, though I still do think that if he had the opportunity to get more minutes, he'd be playing better. Like he did in that stretch when Ehrhoff missed a few games.

Not that I'm saying that we should just give him the minutes. Our D is solid where it's at, and it's unfortunate for Ballard but with the cogs and wheels working like they are, who would change a thing?

It will be....i think what will be the dealbreaker is the playoff performance...and not the agents getting greedy for their clients because of performance...but the opposite effect.

Players these days want to go to contenders....and Gillis has made it quite cushy for the players...this is as world class as it gets.

And i am hoping more players/agents get real with their contract negotiations. in a salary cap world.

But all that aside...MG/Gilman does have his work cut out for him.

I'm not too convinced that greed has beed curtaqiled to the point where players are thinking contention above compensation. Perhaps i'm just a jaded and cynical curmudgeon? One can hope that salaries are negotiated with the prize being held more in mind than what pricetag they can squeeze out of a team. Remember, because of the salary cap many players have less oppurtunities to make the kind of money they may have been able to presalary cap era...when the money flowed like milk and honey. Many players in their prime years are looking to sign that big nest egg contract. Some may look to go to contenders, I'll grant you that as well. Agents are getting less percentage cuts, because players are getting less, I believe on average nowadays.....i mean take the twins for instance...they could easily fetch $7-8 million each...but they took a discount.....will others? Look at Rolston and Souray for the counter points. Maybe i'm just cynical...but the home town discount seems to be going the way of CANUCKLELION's rationally and logically based arguments against Juice....into rarity and almost out of relevancy.

But I agree that if Gillis and Gillman can do it, they'll do it but with a lot of hard work needing to get done ahead of time. We're talking planning out the roster and $ two or three years ahead....magicians? they need to be freaking psychics and students of Nostradamus!

Maybe, though I still do think that if he had the opportunity to get more minutes, he'd be playing better. Like he did in that stretch when Ehrhoff missed a few games.

Not that I'm saying that we should just give him the minutes. Our D is solid where it's at, and it's unfortunate for Ballard but with the cogs and wheels working like they are, who would change a thing?

Ballard is such a smooth skater, IMO the only thing keeping him from more minutes is BXA's play in the last 2 months.

I'm still not sold on BXA's 'flash in the pan' good play.

His trade value has never been higher. I wouldn't be surprised, even if Salo doesn't re join the team, BXA gets traded.

Why lose him for nothing to FA and MG doesn't overpay.

Ballard is such a smooth skater, IMO the only thing keeping him from more minutes is BXA's play in the last 2 months.

I'm still not sold on BXA's 'flash in the pan' good play.

His trade value has never been higher. I wouldn't be surprised, even if Salo doesn't re join the team, BXA gets traded.

Why lose him for nothing to FA and MG doesn't overpay.

Well, no one on the history of this planet expects you to be sold on Bieksa's play :huh: I do agree with you that Ballard is a great skater, it's one of the assets to his game, but really, that's the wrong mentality to put the sole blame on Bieksa (again, not surprised coming infamously from you, but I'll play ball). Ballard got his minutes playing while Ehrhoff was out, and while he played well, that had nothing to do with Bieksa's minutes going down. Ballard's play has fallen off due to multiple factors - that being said, no one is expected to play magnificent hockey night in and night out, nor should it be expected of Ballard with the minutes he is getting.

Bieksa and Hamhuis' effective shutdown play are one of the main reasons why we're playing so well. Why risk losing Bieksa for nothing? Because with this team, there's a huge likelihood that we can actually go somewhere in the playoffs. Even the CDC bandwagoners can tell that Juice is playing great hockey, and Salo's impending return is the only reason why people are even panicking. Without Salo, there is literally no way, and this is actually quote from MG's words, that anyone is moved unless it's a no-brainer deal.

Then again, I think the only thing that will surprise you is if Bieksa stays with this club. I know you get a lot of flack around here but it's literally getting quite impossible to reason with you...

Well, no one on the history of this planet expects you to be sold on Bieksa's play :huh: I do agree with you that Ballard is a great skater, it's one of the assets to his game, but really, that's the wrong mentality to put the sole blame on Bieksa (again, not surprised coming infamously from you, but I'll play ball). Ballard got his minutes playing while Ehrhoff was out, and while he played well, that had nothing to do with Bieksa's minutes going down. Ballard's play has fallen off due to multiple factors - that being said, no one is expected to play magnificent hockey night in and night out, nor should it be expected of Ballard with the minutes he is getting.

Bieksa and Hamhuis' effective shutdown play are one of the main reasons why we're playing so well. Why risk losing Bieksa for nothing? Because with this team, there's a huge likelihood that we can actually go somewhere in the playoffs. Even the CDC bandwagoners can tell that Juice is playing great hockey, and Salo's impending return is the only reason why people are even panicking. Without Salo, there is literally no way, and this is actually quote from MG's words, that anyone is moved unless it's a no-brainer deal.

Then again, I think the only thing that will surprise you is if Bieksa stays with this club. I know you get a lot of flack around here but it's literally getting quite impossible to reason with you...

Selling Bieksa's play to CXLion would be like trying to sell ice to the Eskimos or solar heat to the Devil.

Good interview of Bieksa by Kristen Reid on the homepage.....kinda funny, when they discuss Kesler bumping Bieksa off of the Best Looking Person's list.....his response is classic.

Bieksa definitely deserves to be on that list. Kesler cannot compare to Bieksa looks-wise but his body definitely got him on the list :P

Bieksa definitely deserves to be on that list. Kesler cannot compare to Bieksa looks-wise but his body definitely got him on the list :P

I uh....can't even.....don't know how to.....say anything back....er..response is unavailable. Umm....i hear ya...and I'm glad you appreciate both gentlemen's appearances and/or physiques. There....that's the best i got. wink.gif

I uh....can't even.....don't know how to.....say anything back....er..response is unavailable. Umm....i hear ya...and I'm glad you appreciate both gentlemen's appearances and/or physiques. There....that's the best i got. wink.gif

You know that's a chick right lol

$3.5 would be great....but you're right.....probably not gonna happen.....with the way he's been playing.

Bit of a catch 22 isn't it? The better he plays....the more his salary expectations rise and we may not be able to keep him, but the more we want him.....the more poorly he plays, the less he's expected to garner from the marketplace and in resigning, the better our chances to keep him and the more likely our management and fans won't want him or resign him...

Thats not a catch 22

Selling Bieksa's play to CXLion would be like trying to sell ice to the Eskimos or solar heat to the Devil.

Ummm you mean they have enough of it already and dont need/want any more ?

You guys are horrible with the analogies tonight

No I mean in the way that they'd never be convinced to buy it... DERRRR

because they already have so much around they don't want any more?

still... doesn't work... bad analogy

it would work in reverse...

"Its like trying to sell ice to the devil, or more hell fire to eskimos"

sorry...

Thats not a catch 22

Yeah. It is.

He plays good, we might not be able to afford resigning him.....he plays like crap, we might not want to resign him.

We're damned if he does and we're damned if he doesn't.....a long term no win situation for those of us who want him back = a catch 22.

Comprende?

You know that's a chick right lol

Thank you Captain Obvious. wink.gif

I just didn't know whether it was kosher to agree or just let out a big "ewwwww, that's grody!"......see my dilemma? I think I handled the situation reasonably well, thank you very much....you wanker....and don't you start with the "lol's" at the end of every post. I'll grab EOTM and BedBeats and begin an extremely enema filled intervention....we'll do it too....you're on a slippery slope to Canucklelionland.

Archived