The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

I'm not too convinced that greed has beed curtaqiled to the point where players are thinking contention above compensation. Perhaps i'm just a jaded and cynical curmudgeon? One can hope that salaries are negotiated with the prize being held more in mind than what pricetag they can squeeze out of a team. Remember, because of the salary cap many players have less oppurtunities to make the kind of money they may have been able to presalary cap era...when the money flowed like milk and honey. Many players in their prime years are looking to sign that big nest egg contract. Some may look to go to contenders, I'll grant you that as well. Agents are getting less percentage cuts, because players are getting less, I believe on average nowadays.....i mean take the twins for instance...they could easily fetch $7-8 million each...but they took a discount.....will others? Look at Rolston and Souray for the counter points. Maybe i'm just cynical...but the home town discount seems to be going the way of CANUCKLELION's rationally and logically based arguments against Juice....into rarity and almost out of relevancy.

But I agree that if Gillis and Gillman can do it, they'll do it but with a lot of hard work needing to get done ahead of time. We're talking planning out the roster and $ two or three years ahead....magicians? they need to be freaking psychics and students of Nostradamus!

Yes...it is a romantic notion for sure, and i fully understand it is a business.

I do not blame you for not being convinced about perceived worth being curtailed for a chance to win it all...there were some signings last year that made me scratch my head...but i do think its slowly happening. Agents (i am hoping and totally speculating) will be playing fair, even if the cap goes up and even if their agent % goes down.

We now have seen what happens, especially with that fairly large UFA list of quality players at the start of the season; players can price themselves out of opportunities to stay in the NHL.

I think many talented role players will always have jobs (though thats not necessarily the case) because they never seem to price themselves out of a roster spot.

That is why i am suprised you guys think someone like Bolduc is a shoe-in for being shooed away. His value went up...not because he is scoring goals...but because he is doing his job, and performing well. Depth at center is something MG covets. And he will still come cheap, matters not if he is an RFA.

Glass is an interchangeable piece, but could be re-signed for cheap too, and he has blended well with the core.

I like Torres with this roster....but ultimately his spot could pave way for some Moose graduates.

The major priority with the forwards will be Hansen and Tambo. This is an audition year for them to snag a longer term deal with the team, id say they are earning that power of negotiation.

Like you and the Pea/RF were touching on...its the d-men that will have special attention paid to them.

'Hoff and Juice are the targets for sure. I just cannot see Juice pricing himself out of here, a greedy agent however does hold alot of power for negotiation. 'Hoff, no matter how he feels about the team and city will garner the most interesting negotiations.

I really think MG likes the existing d-corps....they all can work near-seamlessly with one another, and there are some gems in Manitoba that will force some very tough decisions.

I'd rub him down with butter and dab at him with fresh made buns.

*wipes crotch*

I believe that Gillis and Gilman are determined to avoid a repeat of last year's Willie Mitchell situation.

Id almost say that with everything else from the forwards humming along, that this was their absolute concern: enough depth, on the blueline

Management/coaches have done a stellar job rotating the depth, and there is still the Sami Salo waiting.

I think Hammer on his side is helping Bieksa a ton. But the Bieksa homers will tell me its the other way around. Either way, he's playing better but let's be honest, he couldn't play much worse than he was.

And the Bieksa sheeple will not aknowledge reason why his play was so bad. They also won't aknowledge that his play while Hamhuis was gone was still quite good. You know when he was paired with Parent and Alberts and Rome. Were those guys on his side helping him a lot as well.

Truth is the Bieksa Hamhuis pairing is mutually beneficial for both players. Now that both are healthy it seems to just keep getting better and better.

See this is what I don't get. I've time and time again acknowledged that the Bieksa-Hamhuis pairing has been one of our strongest, and that Hamhuis' presence has been greatly beneficial to Bieksa's play. I don't understand why acknowledging the strengths in the HamJuice pairing MUST be mutually exclusive to Bieksa's strong play this season. They're interwoven - much like many of the aspects of this team are - and saying that Hamhuis has helped Bieksa should not be a slam against Bieksa's ability. Why not just be positive that both Juice and Hammer have found a blueline partner that they both can rely on and can play so well together?

*Looks at the immensity of this thread* Oh... right.

See this is what I don't get. I've time and time again acknowledged that the Bieksa-Hamhuis pairing has been one of our strongest, and that Hamhuis' presence has been greatly beneficial to Bieksa's play. I don't understand why acknowledging the strengths in the HamJuice pairing MUST be mutually exclusive to Bieksa's strong play this season. They're interwoven - much like many of the aspects of this team are - and saying that Hamhuis has helped Bieksa should not be a slam against Bieksa's ability. Why not just be positive that both Juice and Hammer have found a blueline partner that they both can rely on and can play so well together?

*Looks at the immensity of this thread* Oh... right.

***e-slap*** for not figuring that out earlier....

I don't know what's more disturbing...the fact that you would do that to another male 'member' of our species....or the fact that I'm picturing Christopher Walken lathering Bieksa up with butter and dabbing him with freshly made buns, and saying in that voice that only he has "Yeow, wow....i hope this is ok with you Kevin, my you are quite the specimen. Kevin did you know, that I am quite the dancer?"

*shudders*

Damn you EOTM.....damn you straight to hell, in a handbasket while wearing a crown of thorns....i'll never be able to look at Kevin or Chris innocently again!

sad.gif

the-continental.jpg

FTW!

I think Hammer on his side is helping Bieksa a ton. But the Bieksa homers will tell me its the other way around. Either way, he's playing better but let's be honest, he couldn't play much worse than he was.

Hammer has the ability to make those nice little on the stick passes to get things rolling and allow Bieksa to jump up into the play (as we all know he likes to do). It's a combination that really works and compliments both players.

And the Bieksa sheeple will not aknowledge reason why his play was so bad. They also won't aknowledge that his play while Hamhuis was gone was still quite good. You know when he was paired with Parent and Alberts and Rome. Were those guys on his side helping him a lot as well.

Truth is the Bieksa Hamhuis pairing is mutually beneficial for both players. Now that both are healthy it seems to just keep getting better and better.

Oh, and Shea Weber says hi. How exactly does playing with BXa benefit Hamhuis, I'd say playing with Hamhuis as a partner would benefit almost any Dman.

BXa on the other hand...lol

Another great game

Loved the shift where he broke up the breakaway chance and then took the guy hard into the boards

Seems like he's playing with an edge and obviously with a lot of confidence.

Keep it up KB!

This.

Simply back to playing the brand of hockey he is capable of. I think one of the admins should just make a declaration that he is clearly a top 4 D-man on our team and end this ludicrous thread.

This.

Simply back to playing the brand of hockey he is capable of. I think one of the admins should just make a declaration that he is clearly a top 4 D-man on our team and end this ludicrous thread.

Oh, I don't know.

I kind of enjoy watching CANUCKELION play the part of the Black Night in The Holy Grail, continually defiant as all of his limbs are lopped off...

Archived