RandyLahey

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

Bieksa
28:05 mins, 2 assists, -1, 0pm

Not his best game but considering there wasn't a period of over 30 seconds when Bieksa was on the ice with anybody but Boston's top two lines I think he did alright.

Posted Image
Made by canuckianone

#9422 CANUCKLELION

CANUCKLELION

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

You know what? I totally agree that was a horrible play by Bieksa. But the entire defense made tons of bad plays all game, you must admit. Also it is kind of hypocritical for you to cherry pick plays when your talking about "large sample sizes".

Also, Hamhuis fault on the 3rd goal? But I dont see you calling him out....

On the 3rd goal, Hammer had his hands full with 2 guys and what was Bxa doing? Not playing D, surprise surprise. By the way, he exhibited the skill of a stanchion on his 2 second assists. lol
R.I.P, Rick Rypien Posted ImagePosted Image

#9423 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

<br /> On the 3rd goal, Hammer had his hands full with 2 guys and what was Bxa doing?  Not playing D, surprise surprise.  By the way, he exhibited the skill of a stanchion on his 2 second assists. lol<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Yep .. even when he has a bad game he exceeds your expectations .. sad huh?...:P

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#9424 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

Player	Team	 Pos	 GP	 G	 A	P	 +/-	 PIM	 PP	 SH	 GW	 OT	 S	 S%	 TOI/G	 Sft/G	 FO%

1	Erik Karlsson	OTT	D	42	5	34	39	+2	24	1	0	0	0	147	3.4	25:35	27.4	0.0

2	Brian Campbell	FLA	D	41	3	30	33	+2	4	1	0	0	0	67	4.5	26:21	28.6	0.0

3	Shea Weber	NSH	D	37	9	21	30	+12	26	5	1	1	0	114	7.9	26:19	29.8	0.0

4	Dennis Wideman	WSH	D	39	8	21	29	-2	10	4	0	2	1	82	9.8	24:02	27.9	0.0

5	Alexander Edler	VAN	D	42	6	23	29	+2	16	3	1	0	0	117	5.1	23:03	29.1	0.0

6	Dion Phaneuf	TOR	D	41	7	21	28	+2	47	5	0	0	0	116	6.0	25:13	31.6	0.0

7	Zdeno Chara	BOS	D	36	7	18	25	+27	49	5	0	0	0	110	6.4	24:28	27.6	0.0

8	Keith Yandle	PHX	D	42	5	20	25	+3	28	0	0	2	0	107	4.7	22:01	25.0	0.0

9	Kevin Bieksa	VAN	D	42	4	21	25	+7	49	2	0	0	0	89	4.5	23:21	28.4	0.0

10	Kimmo Timonen	PHI	D	39	1	24	25	+12	24	1	0	0	0	57	1.8	21:50	28.4	100.0

Edited by Lonny Bohonos, 08 January 2012 - 12:43 AM.

Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#9425 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,052 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

On the 3rd goal, Hammer had his hands full with 2 guys and what was Bxa doing? Not playing D, surprise surprise. By the way, he exhibited the skill of a stanchion on his 2 second assists. lol

Then he chose poorly. He should have taken the guy going to the net. You know, the one that came from his side to score the goal.
Posted Image

#9426 sameer666

sameer666

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

If you can't admit Hamhuis is at fault for that goal, then your just showing how thick the lenses are on your homer glasses.

#9427 CANUCKLELION

CANUCKLELION

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

If you can't admit Hamhuis is at fault for that goal, then your just showing how thick the lenses are on your homer glasses.

lol, Hamhuis is at fault? To say that would be tantamount to blasphemy to the Hockey gods.

A guy can only do so much, Hamhuis is not super human nor a magician. I can understand why you think he might be, after creating the illusion Bxa is a shut down guy.It's kinda like changing water into wine or something eh?

Here is what Ed Willes said about Hammer in this mornings column....

There are a number of guys who can make this claim — Patrick Sharp, Max Talbot, Niklas Kronwall —but after watching him for a season and a half, the belief here is Dan Hamhuis is the most under-rated player in the NHL.

Read more:

http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz1j0TURw5A

#9428 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

lol, Hamhuis is at fault? To say that would be tantamount to blasphemy to the Hockey gods.

A guy can only do so much, Hamhuis is not super human nor a magician. I can understand why you think he might be, after creating the illusion Bxa is a shut down guy.It's kinda like changing water into wine or something eh?

Here is what Ed Willes said about Hammer in this mornings column....

Read more:

http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz1j0TURw5A

Dear Canucklelion,

A smarter, bigger man can give an unbiased opinion. I felt Bieksa looked "terrible" on the opening goal by Marchand. Yes, because he had pinched he likely deserved a little more help form his D-partner or other forwards however I didn't feel he acted with enough urgency to chase down or interfere with Marchand on the goal.

I disagree with you on the 3rd goal. This one in my opinion is on Schneider for very poor rebound control. Although it appears Bieksa arrives too late I believe he was coming on after a late change (I could be wrong). See how I said I could be wrong...

No one disagrees that Hamhuiis allows Bieksa to play the game which gives him more success. What most disagree with is the "blinders" you have on for Bieksa's play and your failure to realize a lot of his poor play can be attributed to two major injuries. He was much better last year and showing it was no fluke this year. He has no more turnovers than most defenceman and honestly he is much sounder defensively than "Errorhoff" who you seem to have a man-crush on. Errhoof was poor defensively and is why SanJose made him a salary cap dump in the trade with the Canucks. Some good offensive skills particularly on the PP with the Sedins but not so good in our zone.

Again, take the blinders off and stop your ridiculous posts because you have become a complete and utter joke to most of the people on the CDC.
Posted Image

#9429 CANUCKLELION

CANUCKLELION

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

Dear Canucklelion,

A smarter, bigger man can give an unbiased opinion. I felt Bieksa looked "terrible" on the opening goal by Marchand. Yes, because he had pinched he likely deserved a little more help form his D-partner or other forwards however I didn't feel he acted with enough urgency to chase down or interfere with Marchand on the goal.

I disagree with you on the 3rd goal. This one in my opinion is on Schneider for very poor rebound control. Although it appears Bieksa arrives too late I believe he was coming on after a late change (I could be wrong). See how I said I could be wrong...

No one disagrees that Hamhuiis allows Bieksa to play the game which gives him more success. What most disagree with is the "blinders" you have on for Bieksa's play and your failure to realize a lot of his poor play can be attributed to two major injuries. He was much better last year and showing it was no fluke this year. He has no more turnovers than most defenceman and honestly he is much sounder defensively than "Errorhoff" who you seem to have a man-crush on. Errhoof was poor defensively and is why SanJose made him a salary cap dump in the trade with the Canucks. Some good offensive skills particularly on the PP with the Sedins but not so good in our zone.

Again, take the blinders off and stop your ridiculous posts because you have become a complete and utter joke to most of the people on the CDC.

The only guy wearing blinders is you. Taking the position that Bxa can play D is indefensible, watch Marchand's goal again, Bxa was out skated by a rat. But then who hasn't beaten Bxa one on one, it doesn't matter if its a 1st liner or a 4th liner, Bxa stops no one. Bxa can't skate backwards, take the blinders off.

#9430 originalcanucksdude

originalcanucksdude

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

I still prefer Juice on our team than not.
Last season was a stepping stone to where we want to go.

#embracethehate

#9431 CANUCKLELION

CANUCKLELION

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

I still prefer Juice on our team than not.

Maybe, but he should not have a 5 yr NTC and definitely should not be the highest paid guy, and I still find it hard to believe he has been the highest paid Canuck Dman for Four of the last 5 years. He has never lived up to his billing. How do you spell over rated and over paid? B-I-E-K-S-A.

#9432 MisterShipwreck

MisterShipwreck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

Damn, I guess I'm the only guy here that LIKES Bieksa, apparently Posted ImagePosted Image

He's not perfect. But.....

I think its too easy to pick apart each player. Luongo is on the receiving end of this a lot. Admittedly, I do not think Luongo or Bryz (from the Flyers) are playing up to what they are being paid. But, I see many good plays by Bieksa every game. He doesn't deserve this...

Also, I am admittedly of previously guilty of complaining about #5 Coburn (on the Flyers) - he is also a defenseman. However, I've seen him make some good plays recently, and my opinion of him is changing.

Granted, this IS a Canucks Forum. So, like any hockey forum, it brings out the people who will comb thru each and every game. That's the fun of these forums sometimes. But, give the guy a break, I say...

So, I'll keep wearing my Bieksa jersey

Edited by MisterShipwreck, 10 January 2012 - 12:31 PM.

Posted Image

Sig by RK17

#9433 thundernuts

thundernuts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

Damn, I guess I'm the only guy here that LIKES Bieksa, apparently Posted ImagePosted Image

He's not perfect. But.....

I think its too easy to pick apart each player. Luongo is on the receiving end of these. Admittedly, I do not think he or Bryz (from the Flyers) are playing up to what they are being paid. But, I see many good plays by Bieksa every game. Also, I am admittedly of previously guilty of complaining about #5 Coburn (on the Flyers) - he is also a defenseman. However, I've seen him make some good plays recently, and my opinion of him is changing.

Granted, this IS a Canucks Forum. So, like any hockey forum, it brings out the people who will comb thru each and every game. That's the fun of these forums sometimes. But, give the guy a break, I say...

So, I'll keep wearing my Bieksa jersey

I also like Bieksa. Too many Canucks fans are too quick to criticize our own players.
Posted Image

#9434 ShiraiwaRiku

ShiraiwaRiku

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

<br />I also like Bieksa.  Too many Canucks fans are too quick to criticize our own players.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

+1

I like Bieksa too!
Especially his attitute XD
and he ALWAYS stands up for our guys!

#9435 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

The only guy wearing blinders is you. Taking the position that Bxa can play D is indefensible, watch Marchand's goal again, Bxa was out skated by a rat. But then who hasn't beaten Bxa one on one, it doesn't matter if its a 1st liner or a 4th liner, Bxa stops no one. Bxa can't skate backwards, take the blinders off.

With this response it is clear you are nothing more than a troll. And a troll with a limited capacity for hockey intelligence or fair comment.

How can I be wearing blinders when I can recognize when a player makes a bad play and when they play well and choose to comment?

You on the other hand refuse to ever watch Bieksa fairly. I don't think I'll bother to respond to you again because it is like speaking to a rock.
Posted Image

#9436 MadSkillz

MadSkillz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

Lol u make it sound like marchands the slowest player in the league and also indicating that bieksa is the only defenseman to he could blow by??? Hahahahaha +1 for ur bias story!! Please keep writing so I can use all ur comments for my jokes of the day =) thank you please write again lol
sup everybody

#9437 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

Maybe, but he should not have a 5 yr NTC and definitely should not be the highest paid guy, and I still find it hard to believe he has been the highest paid Canuck Dman for Four of the last 5 years. He has never lived up to his billing. How do you spell over rated and over paid? B-I-E-K-S-A.

I thought it was G-O-M-E-Z

^_^

#9438 MadSkillz

MadSkillz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

With this response it is clear you are nothing more than a troll. And a troll with a limited capacity for hockey intelligence or fair comment.

How can I be wearing blinders when I can recognize when a player makes a bad play and when they play well and choose to comment?

You on the other hand refuse to ever watch Bieksa fairly. I don't think I'll bother to respond to you again because it is like speaking to a rock.

He sticks his head in the freezer when BXA gets on the ice so he wouldn't notice anything good BXA...but how does he remember the bad things? Simple he made it up!!!
sup everybody

#9439 MadSkillz

MadSkillz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

He sticks his head in the freezer when BXA gets on the ice so he wouldn't notice anything good BXA...but how does he remember the bad things? Simple he made it up!!!
sup everybody

#9440 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

Maybe, but he should not have a 5 yr NTC and definitely should not be the highest paid guy, and I still find it hard to believe he has been the highest paid Canuck Dman for Four of the last 5 years. He has never lived up to his billing. How do you spell over rated and over paid? G-O-M-E-Z

Fixed. He gets a mil per goal.
Anyways I think Bieksa has had his ups and downs this year and I agree that he should be playing better. However, I think you're blowing things a bit out of proportion. He did make a few good plays against Florida last night. For example he made and excellent diving poke check with a florida player on an odd man rush, breaking up the play.

Edited by one-x, 10 January 2012 - 03:35 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#9441 CANUCKLELION

CANUCKLELION

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Fixed. He gets a mil per goal.
Anyways I think Bieksa has had his ups and downs this year and I agree that he should be playing better. However, I think you're blowing things a bit out of proportion. He did make a few good plays against Florida last night. For example he made and excellent diving poke check with a florida player on an odd man rush, breaking up the play.

I agree Gomez is a worse deal than Bxa's, however I do not appreciate you editing my post and it is against the board rules to do so but nevertheless, that was an excellent poke check, after his horrible giveaway, but here is what I said about it on the GDT yesterday and I feel the same way today. Posted Image

yep like a hockey arsonist, playing with fire, first he lights the fire then wants to be called a hero for putting it out.Posted Image

Edited by CANUCKLELION, 10 January 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#9442 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

Yet again....ABSOLUTELY F***CKING BRUTAL. I counted 5 giveaways and on the ice for 2 or 3 goals against. I just won't be able to stand this for 5 years....
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#9443 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

Is Tampa Bay slipping Bieksa $$$$ under the table for the presents? Thanks to Schneider for bailing out Boo-Boo.

#9444 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

I agree Gomez is a worse deal than Bxa's, however I do not appreciate you editing my post and it is against the board rules to do so but nevertheless, that was an excellent poke check, after his horrible giveaway, but here is what I said about it on the GDT yesterday and I feel the same way today. Posted Image

my bad, I'll keep that in mind..anyways he was god awful today. Who's idea was it to have him in the shootout?

Edited by one-x, 10 January 2012 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#9445 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

Yet again....ABSOLUTELY F***CKING BRUTAL. I counted 5 giveaways and on the ice for 2 or 3 goals against. I just won't be able to stand this for 5 years....

How about his mega laziness in OT? Man that pissed me off!!

#9446 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

.. good GOD that was bad .. indifference all over his manner and attitude .. needs a kick in the arse to snap him out of it .. Hammy and Schnieds bailed him out all night ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#9447 sameer666

sameer666

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

Bieksa has looked quite bad defensively the last few games, hopefully he can get back on track soon!

#9448 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

I really want to hear AV's explanation for Bieksa playing in the S/O..

Didn't do squat to earn his 26 minutes of ice time today.. Ballard had a better game than him and only played 15 minutes. Hopefully our D really picks it up soon, we're really beginning to dismantle without Salo.

#9449 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

terriblieksa.

Someone needs to fight him so he plays better.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 10 January 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#9450 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

As I said before you can just stop watching for the next 5 years.
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.