The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

You mean the same Hamhuis who was dropping down the depth chart in Nashville?

Reality says hi.

In any case they compliment eachother with their play. Plain and simple. Like your brain.

In what way?

http://predators.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8469465&season=20092010&view=gamelog

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20102NASSASAll&sort=avgTOIPerGame&viewName=summary

How does that qualifying as "dropping down the depth chart?"

Oh my god Bieksa I can't believe the way he is playing as of late. Soooooooooooo confident. I thought the behind the back pass to Sammy on the blue line at a pp was so telling:

Sammy was like "WHAT THE, NO WAY, bieksa was facing the other way and now the puck is on my stick. Oooooooooooh I get what he was doing now. He wants some FANCY STICK play I can do that too look at this"

BIG cred to Hank for giving Bieksa the A on his shirt. He sure proved he deserves it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to CDC,

Keep in mind that BXa usually looks good vs the league's 2nd tier teams, or bottom feeders like Calgary + Edm. I still remember the teams 7 -1 shellacking by the Hawks in Dec or lets see how he handles Detroit tonight.

The Nuck's can't take any team lightly but playing the better teams in the league is a much better measuring stick than going all ga ga over thumping the worst teams. Bieksa will probably be doing an imitation of a gnat tonight as he tries to move Holmstrim or Franzen from the slot. He will be bouncing off those guys as they merely shoo him away. lol

Juice 6th in +/- in the league

It's great too see Bieksa with a clean bill of health and playing so well. It is also great to see all the support that he is now getting. BUT where were all of you when we had the trolls running around in the summer and the start of the year. Canucks fans our hilarious, hopefully the transformed trolls and haters will learn something from this.

The Canucks would be better off playing 5 defencemen every night than having Bieksa in the line-up. I'm not even kidding...

Defending the honor of Bieksa and Tambellini will prove comical by seasons end.

Welcome to CDC,

Keep in mind that BXa usually looks good vs the league's 2nd tier teams, or bottom feeders like Calgary + Edm. I still remember the teams 7 -1 shellacking by the Hawks in Dec or lets see how he handles Detroit tonight.

The Nuck's can't take any team lightly but playing the better teams in the league is a much better measuring stick than going all ga ga over thumping the worst teams. Bieksa will probably be doing an imitation of a gnat tonight as he tries to move Holmstrim or Franzen from the slot. He will be bouncing off those guys as they merely shoo him away. lol

What do you consider Dallas? Please watch games before posting. Thanks.

How do either of those sourses refute my claim?

They don't seem to show pairings or role.

You want a good description go to the nashville boards and you'll see what I'm talking about.

It's not a slag on Hamhuis in any way when I say it, I'm just saying he's not some God who has raised Bieksa up to be one of the best; if not the best, D men playing on this team right now. Hamhuis and Bieksa benefit eachother.

Here's a tip when you go do your research in case I wasn't clear already. Focus on "role" and "pairing" when he was in Nashville. Sadly the best source is their boards because you won't find much written about the hockey mecha that is Nashville Tenn.

How do either of those sourses refute my claim?

They don't seem to show pairings or role.

You want a good description go to the nashville boards and you'll see what I'm talking about.

It's not a slag on Hamhuis in any way when I say it, I'm just saying he's not some God who has raised Bieksa up to be one of the best; if not the best, D men playing on this team right now. Hamhuis and Bieksa benefit eachother.

Here's a tip when you go do your research in case I wasn't clear already. Focus on "role" and "pairing" when he was in Nashville. Sadly the best source is their boards because you won't find much written about the hockey mecha that is Nashville Tenn.

His ice time did not diminish ergo how could you say his role did?

Wow I think it's safe to say Kevin Bieksa is playing like the Kevin Bieksa of old. He's contributing offensively, not being beat defensively, but he's not getting into fights as frequently as he used to which isn't necessarily a bad thing depending on how you look at it.

About damn time. I knew he would but I honestly got worried when I saw no improvement after 20 games into the season.. then 25 games.. and so on.

His ice time did not diminish ergo how could you say his role did?

What did I say in the first place smarty?

Depth chart...His role deminished when he wasn't being put in at the critical moments anymore because Weber and Suter were getting that time.

He was easily bumped by Weber and Suter.

Even Klein dropped him to 4th best really. Some might make a case for Boulion but I wouldn't go that far.

Go check the ice time for most of the nashville D. Especially the top 4. You might notice they are all quite close.

He's still a top pairing D man, it's just Nashville has this odd thing where no matter how bad their team overall looks on paper they have had this great D development for quite some time. Hamhuis got bumped by better players. ERGO he's not god so he does need players to compliment him as well. Not too many players in the history of the NHL that can carry their team or line all on their own, Hamhuis isn't one of them.

A few of us anticipated and expected Juice to regain his form from the injured plagued seasons to get back to his earlier and healthier self. That's the thing about injuries though...they really do take their toll. Some fans can be patient if they know the guy has talent and heart, other fans...not so much.

However, I tip my cap at your humility to look past your previous assessments and see Bieksa for how he's playing and how he's come back to form....it takes guts and maturity to say so.....good on ya....you got my respect.

I still cant get over how people are "coming around", considering Bieksa was playing good since the start of the season.

I guess it takes some type of quantifiable evidence (stats, oh but they are for losers, non?) for folks to do an about face.

Some of us just watched the games and saw the marked improvement.

Mindless troll.

Canuckelion and I may disagree about BXA, but mindless troll he is not.

Bieksa either knocked up Canucklelion's daughter or banged his wife.This is the only reasonable explanation for his blind hate. ;)

Buddy, this thread is one to go down in history, and many of us are getting a kick out of posting on this monster. Quickest way to get this shut down is to go where you are going. Bad taste, matter of fact, awful taste. Very uncalled for.

Yep, you were a hard core Bxa fan, a regular BXa for Norris poster, we almost got you over to the Bxa foe Snore iss side, lol

No intelligent regular Bieksa supporter in this thread ever said 'Bieksa for Norris'...that I can recall. Again, you're pulling things out of your ass. I just wish one day, one of those things would be your head......lawl.

Yep, you were a hard core Bxa fan, a regular BXa for Norris poster, we almost got you over to the Bxa foe Snore iss side, lol

Taking your fiction vitamins again???!!!!!

No Bieksa supporter has even said that, at all.

You make me lol.

I am earnestly asking you this, why are you torturing yourself here?!

Are you so self centered that you cannot even cop to the fact Bieksa has played well....and is getting better?!

Taking your fiction vitamins again???!!!!!

No Bieksa supporter has even said that, at all.

You make me lol.

I am earnestly asking you this, why are you torturing yourself here?!

Are you so self centered that you cannot even cop to the fact Bieksa has played well....and is getting better?!

Maybe not, but I couldn't think of an award that rhymed with captain, lol. Snoress worksbiggrin.gif

Welcome to CDC,

Keep in mind that BXa usually looks good vs the league's 2nd tier teams, or bottom feeders like Calgary + Edm.

2 pts, +1 against Dallas. 1 pt, +3 against Philly. 1 pt, +1 against Colorado. Even in the last three games against San Jose, Detroit and Chicago.

In fact, since the infamous Chicago game, (in which all of the Canucks' D were a minus, BTW) Juice has recorded only a single game in which he has been a minus player. (Tampa Bay, in which he admittedly had a bad outing)

Since that game against the Bolts, he hasn't recorded a single minus game.

That's 13 straight games with at worst, an even rating, while playing against the opposition's top offensive players.

Just sayin'.....

2 pts, +1 against Dallas. 1 pt, +3 against Philly. 1 pt, +1 against Colorado. Even in the last three games against San Jose, Detroit and Chicago.

In fact, since the infamous Chicago game, (in which all of the Canucks' D were a minus, BTW) Juice has recorded only a single game in which he has been a minus player. (Tampa Bay, in which he admittedly had a bad outing)

That's 13 straight games with at worst, an even rating, while playing against the opposition's top offensive players.

Just sayin'.....

It's all because of Hamhuis, though, RUPERTKBD.

CXLion said so, so it must be true.

laugh.gif

Welcome to CDC,

That was in November, not December - well over 7 weeks ago now.

:picard:

Just sayin'.....

Yeah but Dallas, Philly, Colorado, San Jose, Chicago, and Detroit are all "2nd tier" teams didn't you know?! The Canucks won't TRULY prove themselves to CXLion till they beat the TOP teams like the 1980's Islanders or Wayne Gretzky's personally selected all-star team or Team Canada!

Bieksa is out of any trade talk despite being a UFA after this year, the guy is terrific right now, nice to see him turn it around like this.

I want Salo back in this lineup though, as he is our right handed howitzer on the PP. He will be back in the lineup this year.

So with $2,071,000 in cap space and $3,500,000 to get Sammy back in, we need to shed $1,429,000 to get him in. I have read on here some saying that we should get rid of Alberts and Rome ( total $1,800,000 cap hit ) to pull that off but that that will leave us with six defensemen and an injury will hurt us again.

I truly think this is our year. We need to have seven defensemen and if it costs us some youth, that is the price for winning the cup.

To account for the $1,429,000 we need to shed, get rid of Rome $750,000, Bolduc $489.000 and Volpatti $382,000 ( total $1,621,000 ).

We keep Alberts in this scenario and still have Hansen, Glass, Desbiens, Andersson, Bliznak, Hodgson to give us a 4th line.

Don't flame if this has been posted before. I just really believe this is what Gillis will do ( pending any other injuries ).

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/teams/VAN?year=2011

Archived