The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Yep Bxa picked that one and got his ass handed to him. As far as fighting with other Flames goes, to pick a fight with a smaller Flame, he'd have to go with Daymond Langkow @ 5'10", 183 lbs or Brenden Morrison, lol @ 5' 11" 185,

They are the only guys on the Flames roster smaller than Kostopoulis.

Rick Rypien says hi.

Yep Bxa picked that one and got his ass handed to him. As far as fighting with other Flames goes, to pick a fight with a smaller Flame, he'd have to go with Daymond Langkow @ 5'10", 183 lbs or Brenden Morrison, lol @ 5' 11" 185,

funny you say langkow, he is out for the year and probably for good. I'm sure there are other guys on the nucks who can fight for him? Rypien....maybe Iginla will take him on? Who knows....next nucks/flames battle will be fun.

Hey guys check this out.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Bieksa+with+injury/4151477/story.html

scroll down to the comments

Seems like Canucklelion just cant go anywhere on the internet without giving his 2 cents about Bieksa hahaha.

Hey canucklelion thanks for not responding to my bet =D. If Bieksa gets traded by the deadline ill wash your car and mow your lawn, if he doesn't you have to give a public 2 minute youtube apology. Got the balls?

I havent been around CDC much but have been impressed with how Bieksa has played lately. Hopefully he can continue to play well.

Regarding the fight the other night, who really cares that Bieksa lost that fight? It happens to every fighter at one time or another. It doesnt mean he is useless at fighting, just that he maybe got a little overconfident and did not protect himself well enough there. No big deal, imo. Hopefully he is not hurt too badly though.

However, for all the people though who are suggesting that Kostopolous is sure lucky the refs stepped in before Bieksa came back to unquestionably give him the most savage beating of his life, try to be realistic and give credit to the refs for stepping in for the sake of Bieksa and nobody else. Also give credit to Kostopous, who could easily have taken the low road and blasted Bieksa a few more times and possibly done some serious damage. Bieksa was CLEARLY stunned by that punch. Kostopolous deserves some credit for letting him off the hook there. Considering Bieksa seems to have a reputation as a cocky but tough guy, how many other guys around the league may have seen that as an opportunity too good to pass up and really dealt some extra damage? I am sure there are more than a few.

Shouldnt Canucks fans just be thankful that Bieksa was fighting someone with at least some sense of fair play rather than a rat?

Do you honestly wait around to pounce on any trivial mistake Bieksa makes?!

Give it a rest, he's +20 and one of the top 20 defenders in terms of CORSI and overall player defensive worth this year. All in a shutdown role.

Do you honestly wait around to pounce on any trivial mistake Bieksa makes?!

Give it a rest, he's +20 and one of the top 20 defenders in terms of CORSI and overall player defensive worth this year. All in a shutdown role.

Agreed.

Bieksa has been playing very well. It is time for even his harshest critics (like me) to eat a bit of crow here and admit it.

I will say that any true fan of the Canucks should be happy to be proven wrong right now in regards to Bieksa and his play. I know I am. I am happy to say that he is well above my expectations and has shown an ability to take his game up a level that I did not believe he had in him.

All that is left now is showing it consistently beyond just half a season. I am hoping that he can do so. I am still not his biggest fan, but he is a positive factor on the team right now and no one can deny that.

Agreed.

Bieksa has been playing very well. It is time for even his harshest critics (like me) to eat a bit of crow here and admit it.

I will say that any true fan of the Canucks should be happy to be proven wrong right now in regards to Bieksa and his play. I know I am. I am happy to say that he is well above my expectations and has shown an ability to take his game up a level that I did not believe he had in him.

All that is left now is showing it consistently beyond just half a season. I am hoping that he can do so. I am still not his biggest fan, but he is a positive factor on the team right now and no one can deny that.

Canucklelion can! laugh.gif

Great post, wallstreet. I love it when people can admit publicly when they have erred in judgement.

Rock on, dude!

Why is it I like you everywhere else but in this thread you turn into the equivalent of a caveman going "fire bad...me angwy"?

...and yes he should learn to catch with his hands not his eye.

Sorry, my friend. Just throwing out a little sarcasm. Everybody here takes things too seriously. :)

Too bad Bieksa's knees buckled against Kostopolous? last night. I yelled at the tv when the refs broke the fight up. I understand where they are coming from, obviously, but Bieksa was nowhere close to losing the fight. He's way too tough a customer to get one punched by someone his size in a fight.

LOL!!

Take your head out of the sand. He was done/thread

There is no pop in Kostopoulis, you have 2 in your spelling.

There is a KO though. Besides it only took one pop to KO KB. lol

Speaking of spelling, there's no "i" in "Kostopoulos", but there is one in "Bieksa". The love you're secretly harboring for Kev is really starting to show.

Archived