The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Khadr Sentenced To 40 Years By Military Tribunal

GarthButcher

1-No, don't quote me, quote his admission or the sworn testimony of dozens of sworn witnesses. Keep in mind that he admitted to this the other day, under no duress. If it's a false confession, that's his issue (and apparently yours).

2-Uhh, no there's not and no you can't. One doesn't find themselves in the boonies of Afghanistan, holed up with a bunch of AQ terrorists in a firefight with US troops unless they are intimately involved.

'2) Ok, so you believe he was there...i'll concede and say I believe that too. '

Good, Now we're getting somewhere...

'No show me proof of his training'

I don't need to. Ask him yourself. WTF was he doing in Pakistan and Afghanistan? Visiting family?

'and that he was armed at the time.'

He was. And if he wasn't, he's an idiot...I don't know about you, but if I am sworn to jihad and to kill as many US troops as I can, I want to be armed with more than a sharp wit and a babyface

Well, unfortunately, the only folks that were there that are not US soldiers are dead.

show it

If you have knowlege of war crimes, you should report it. Show it(with relevance to this incident).

No, and no.

Big deal. You talked to a US soldier. I have served with them...you wanna play this game?

People are shot in the back in battle all the time. There's nothing wrong with that. These aren't cops - they are not there to arrest - they are there to destroy the enemy. In this situation, if they are on a legitimate mission to destroy the compound and every enemy in it, they plug each and every one of them until they either surrender or die. That's there job. So if he ended up dead with bullet wounds consistant with being shot in the back, that's just fine.

Are you saying that a man who admits to being trained by AQ, who engaged in a firefight with US troops, who spent 8 years in Gitmo with some very nasty people, who will be free in a few years in Canada....is not at least a concern for you? Not on the radar at all?

What consititutes a real threat? Nothing short of Hitler?

I'll show you some war crimes...and in relation to this incident...they'll out in time....or get swept under the rug, as usual. Just wait, there's evidence coming for the crimes perpetrated by all sides in Afghanistan, bursting to come out.

The Journalist Jamie Doran was tortured and beaten for reporting about the War Crimes of american army in Afghanistan. When the documentary was shown to the German parliment memebers, they were crying with tears to see the cruelty at its peak

Warning: Graphic footage

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3879703582207034825#

Youtube: War Crimes Caught on Video

Warning: Graphic language.

Youtube: American Iraq War Crimes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v-TUNwFU4M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iohY7Z3IPsk&feature=related

You served with them eh? Good for you. You're doing a fine job of defending them. But I suppose brothers in arms tend to do that. Too bad that you're attempts at protecting them supercedes protecting a 15 year kid. Must be a shared tactic between forces, right?

A threat assesment might be a LEGAL "fact" but it's nothing more than on persons opinion on someone. There's no way of knowing for sure what his intentions are, AQ trained people to show themselves as being good ol western people just trying to earn a living.

I have legitimate reasons for my opinion, and it differering from yours doesn't make it uniformed, and no amount of condesending will make it so.

And before you bother posting it, I already know you disagree.

Although disturbing, these incidents are irrelevant to what is being discussed.

I can be found being critical of US policies quite a bit here, this is not a knee-jerk or insincere stance.

My defending the troops conduct is in line with the Law of Armed Conflict, the Geneva COnvention(s), and common sense. Khadr was in contravention of ALL of those things, and he has not asked for or is deserving of my defence. He could have avoided all of this (all 8 years plus) by adhering to Canadian ethical standards on the conduct of Canadians, and failing that, by adhering to International Law. He chose to be a beligerant against his won country and her allies, found himself in a fire fight, and was wounded. Boo hoo. The murder charge is silly and unnecessary IMHO.

It's too bad the US troop's aim wasn't a little better and that the Gods of War weren't a little more favourable with regards to the shrapnel.

Although disturbing, these incidents are irrelevant to what is being discussed.

I can be found being critical of US policies quite a bit here, this is not a knee-jerk or insincere stance.

My defending the troops conduct is in line with the Law of Armed Conflict, the Geneva COnvention(s), and common sense. Khadr was in contravention of ALL of those things, and he has not asked for or is deserving of my defence. He could have avoided all of this (all 8 years plus) by adhering to Canadian ethical standards on the conduct of Canadians, and failing that, by adhering to International Law. He chose to be a beligerant against his won country and her allies, found himself in a fire fight, and was wounded. Boo hoo. The murder charge is silly and unnecessary IMHO.

It's too bad the US troop's aim wasn't a little better and that the Gods of War weren't a little more favourable with regards to the shrapnel.

There are no God's in wars...just lesser devils...and the ones that do their bidding. There are no heroes here, there's no just cause here, there's no imminent threat to us here, there is a situation that necessitates law enforcement not war cimes.

It's not condescension you're hearing...it's that little voice inside you're head telling you he may be right. It's telling you to u-turn from your obstinancy and fear mongering and most likely, at the top of it's little inner head voice lungs, yelling at to you to remove it out from your ***.

By not picking up the banner of OBL, by not actively engaging coalition troops, by not killing coalition troops, by not subscribing to Wahabiism, by not confessing when captured, by not engaging in armed conflict in an illegal manner...shall I go on?

Archived