The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Khadr Sentenced To 40 Years By Military Tribunal

GarthButcher

I find some of the wailing over poor Mr. Kadr to be surreal myself.

Granted it's not right to torture even enemy captured soldiers, but right or wrongly, this is an enemy captured soldier who should be happy he wasn't shot and killed in the firefight that caused all this issue.

Frankly, if they want to rehab him, go ahead, but I don't want him in this country. He's afgani now.

Canada

Section 46 of the Criminal Code of Canada has two degrees of treason, called "high treason" and "treason." However, both of these belong to the historical category of high treason, as opposed to petty treason which does not exist in Canadian law. Section 46 reads as follows:

"High treason

(1) Every one commits high treason who, in Canada,

(a) kills or attempts to kill Her Majesty, or does her any bodily harm tending to death or destruction, maims or wounds her, or imprisons or restrains her;

(B ) levies war against Canada or does any act preparatory thereto; or

© assists an enemy at war with Canada, or any armed forces against whom Canadian Forces are engaged in hostilities, whether or not a state of war exists between Canada and the country whose forces they are.

Treason

(2) Every one commits treason who, in Canada,

(a) uses force or violence for the purpose of overthrowing the government of Canada or a province;

(B ) without lawful authority, communicates or makes available to an agent of a state other than Canada, military or scientific information or any sketch, plan, model, article, note or document of a military or scientific character that he knows or ought to know may be used by that state for a purpose prejudicial to the safety or defence of Canada;

© conspires with any person to commit high treason or to do anything mentioned in paragraph (a);

(d) forms an intention to do anything that is high treason or that is mentioned in paragraph (a) and manifests that intention by an overt act; or

(e) conspires with any person to do anything mentioned in paragraph (B ) or forms an intention to do anything mentioned in paragraph (B ) and manifests that intention by an overt act."

It is also illegal for a Canadian citizen to do any of the above outside Canada.

The penalty for high treason is life imprisonment. The penalty for treason is imprisonment up to a maximum of life, or up to 14 years for conduct under subsection (2)(B ) or (e) in peacetime.

***!? He was a fifteen year old kid, in the wrong place at the wrong time, ***! Poor wailing!?

**** you!

A 15 year old Canadian kid was tortured for something he allegedly did....it was never proven...and even it was hypothetically speaking, proven, the fact that our government cut on of our own loose to a torturous and criminal regime, is ******* mind blowingly appauling and shows that it can happen to anyone.....maybe even your kid one day.

He's not an enemy...he's a Canadian brother....our kid brother....and we let him rot in his own piss and **** while turning a blind eye and removing any helping hand. How is he afghani now? He's still a Canadian citizen...and he's been tortured since he was a kid. If we send him back to Afghanistan, I assure you, you'll create a monster in the likes of Bin Laden, if it hasn't already.

If this had happened to me, i'd beg them to send me to afghanistan.... and then i'd throw a flamethrower to this whole place and all you self righteous, fake Charter loving, leave a Canadian behind, *************!

He had been training with Al Quida since he was ten years old. Granted, he isn't the one that's truely bad (that would be the father that brought him over there) but it's fairly safe to say that he has been indoctrinated to fight against the west since day one.

And I don't think it's right to torture enemy combatants but then again I don't think it's wrong to shoot them when they are in a firefight against you. Obviously some people in the building he was taken from were shooting back since a soldier was killed, and frankly if I was one of them I would probably have wiped everyone in the building out.

Either way, he's certainly going to be fracked up, and I am suspecting that once he gets out of jail he's not going to rehab and want to play any nicer with us at that time then he did in the first place.

Oh, and expressing desires to kill fellow Canadians that don't agree with you politically? That's got to be the world record for most intollerant post ever. At least I know where your loyalties lie.

***!? He was a fifteen year old kid, in the wrong place at the wrong time, ***! Poor wailing!?

**** you!

A 15 year old Canadian kid was tortured for something he allegedly did....it was never proven...and even it was hypothetically speaking, proven, the fact that our government cut on of our own loose to a torturous and criminal regime, is ******* mind blowingly appauling and shows that it can happen to anyone.....maybe even your kid one day.

He's not an enemy...he's a Canadian brother....our kid brother....and we let him rot in his own piss and **** while turning a blind eye and removing any helping hand. How is he afghani now? He's still a Canadian citizen...and he's been tortured since he was a kid. If we send him back to Afghanistan, I assure you, you'll create a monster in the likes of Bin Laden, if it hasn't already.

If this had happened to me, i'd beg them to send me to afghanistan.... and then i'd throw a flamethrower to this whole place and all you self righteous, fake Charter loving, leave a Canadian behind, *************!

In most cases child soldiers are kidnapped and then brainwashed through a combination of drugs and alcohol. If a parent...

Internationally:

"The recruitment and use of children in hostilities is a war crime, and those who are responsible -- the adult recruiters -- should be prosecuted. The children involved are victims, acting under coercion." - Anthony Lake, the Executive Director of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) and former U.S. national security adviser

Under domestic law it would constitute grounds to remove a child from a parent.

In most cases child soldiers are kidnapped and then brainwashed through a combination of drugs and alcohol. If a parent...

Internationally:

"The recruitment and use of children in hostilities is a war crime, and those who are responsible -- the adult recruiters -- should be prosecuted. The children involved are victims, acting under coercion." - Anthony Lake, the Executive Director of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) and former U.S. national security adviser

Under domestic law it would constitute grounds to remove a child from a parent.

Archived