#121 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

3 years since i made this thread lol

there was a hiring over a year ago, i didn't get selected for that. but from what i hear is that the new guys that got in are mainly union members son/daughters who think that calling daddy will save them from a foreman telling them to do something that they don't want to do. slowing down production down there, really.

many people who got in don't even go to the hall for dispatch. they are regularly short on people on many shifts. i expect another hiring in 1-2 years. i'll get in on that

Any update?

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#122 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Any update?

Dude, the fact that you been trying to chase this dream for ages just goes to show how lazy or incompetent you're, you could have easily used those years to get a trade or some other type of skill...UNLESS you know someone that will just give you an application you will NOT get in, if you have 5000$ lying around you could buy one next time they hire.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#123 drummer4now

drummer4now

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Dude, the fact that you been trying to chase this dream for ages just goes to show how lazy or incompetent you're, you could have easily used those years to get a trade or some other type of skill...UNLESS you know someone that will just give you an application you will NOT get in, if you have 5000$ lying around you could buy one next time they hire.

Wasn't he also trying to get a job at some warehouse? Atlas something. I recommend he try being an HVAC or Heavy duty diesel mechanic. Those two jobs are the best trades imo. Decent pay and are in demand. Also the government is really trying to get more tradespeople by offering more grants and incentives. 

Edited by drummer4now, 13 April 2014 - 05:15 PM.

#124 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

Orrrr...

get with the times and go to Fort Mac like everybody else. Come on guys.

dontforgettolentil.png

#125 Del Rio

Del Rio

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

Actually.  My bro is in there, got in about I think 2 years ago.  He barely gets any shifts still, just moved up a board recently.  He regrets not going to school and getting a trade done. 

BlP_NlgCEAAOuch.jpg

#126 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

Wasn't he also trying to get a job at some warehouse? Atlas something. I recommend he try being an HVAC or Heavy duty diesel mechanic. Those two jobs are the best trades imo. Decent pay and are in demand. Also the government is really trying to get more tradespeople by offering more grants and incentives. 

Yeah I think he was that guy's a douche

Edited by key2thecup, 13 April 2014 - 06:42 PM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#127 drummer4now

drummer4now

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Orrrr...

get with the times and go to Fort Mac like everybody else. Come on guys.

A group of my friends work at Fort Mac. They work long hours like 12+ hr shifts in the bitter cold.. and have to sleep in the same cabins as smelly 40 year old men. They literally work out in the middle of nowhere and lets just say internet is their best friend.. if you know what I mean.

Edited by drummer4now, 13 April 2014 - 06:51 PM.

#128 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

A group of my friends work at Fort Mac. They work long hours like 12+ hr shifts in the bitter cold.. and have to sleep in the same cabins as smelly 40 year old men. They literally work out in the middle of nowhere and lets just say internet is their best friend.. if you know what I mean.

They're also making retarded money.

dontforgettolentil.png

#129 drummer4now

drummer4now

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

They're also making retarded money.

Thats true.. I guess its a bit of trade off 

#130 Longshoregal25

Longshoregal25

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

I'm a local 500 longshoreman on the T board and it is absolutely hilarious how many people on here that haven't a clue about this job have such negative comments and stereotypes towards longshore workers. Sure there are easier days but you bet your ass there are hard days, I'd like to see these fools hiding behind their computer screen talking crap lash bays on a container ship or shovel all ???? day at Neptune! As for the "uneducated" and whatever else you clowns are saying I'd like to inform you that there are lawyers, scientist, plenty of tradesmen, and many other EDUCATED people down there. So don't throw shade and crap you know nothing about! ILWU all the way baby.

#131 drummer4now

drummer4now

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

I'm a local 500 longshoreman on the T board and it is absolutely hilarious how many people on here that haven't a clue about this job have such negative comments and stereotypes towards longshore workers. Sure there are easier days but you bet your ass there are hard days, I'd like to see these fools hiding behind their computer screen talking crap lash bays on a container ship or shovel all ???? day at Neptune! As for the "uneducated" and whatever else you clowns are saying I'd like to inform you that there are lawyers, scientist, plenty of tradesmen, and many other EDUCATED people down there. So don't throw shade and crap you know nothing about! ILWU all the way baby.

Well.. I didn't know you felt that way. Why create a username using your occupation? Are you sponsored by the company or something? Is this Dasani Drinker in disguise? 

Also shouldn't you be classified as a longshorewomen... 

Obviously the job is difficult nothing is easy in this world.. 

Edited by drummer4now, 10 May 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#132 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

So if it was smelly 30 year old men it would different ? What ever floats your boat I guess lol

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." - John Kenneth Galbraith

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. -
John Kenneth Galbraith

"This is the first test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him." - William Lyon Phelps

#133 drummer4now

drummer4now

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

So if it was smelly 30 year old men it would different ? What ever floats your boat I guess lol

It could be either or lol.. I'm just basing what my friends told me. The smelly ones are probably the old grizzled veterans that don't give a crap.. 

#134 Longshoregal25

Longshoregal25

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

Well.. I didn't know you felt that way. Why create a username using your occupation? Are you sponsored by the company or something? Is this Dasani Drinker in disguise? 

Also shouldn't you be classified as a longshorewomen... 

Obviously the job is difficult nothing is easy in this world.. 

I put my occupation as my username because I am very proud of my job.

#135 luongo_4_life

luongo_4_life

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

They are actually hiring soon, well giving out applications to union members to give to whoever they want to. Have a bunch of family that work there and apparantley applications are being sold/offered for $30,000 and over.

Sure it may be a hard job at first but after 5-8 years you move to a higher board but once then you can choose whatever job you want and trust me for the amount of work they do and how much they get paid is pretty nuts.

And there may be some educated members there but the vast majority are not educated and drugs/alchol problems are very prevalent. I don't have a problem with that just giving some perspective

Edited by luongo_4_life, 14 May 2014 - 07:09 PM.

#136 SurreyBoy604

SurreyBoy604

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

Anyone have a application they don't need or want to sell message me privately. I am looking for one thanks.

#137 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

i want in on this job, but i haven't herd anything about them hiring next.

anyone knows anything about the next hiring? i will camp outside the union hall just to get an application lol

for those who don't know, longshoreman is probably one of the best paying jobs in BC and doesn't require any other schooling other then completion of grade 12 to get in.

I have many clients who are, 3 are retiring before the end of 2014. Tough to slide in there. Nice perks.
I Love Lamp...

#138 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

They are actually hiring soon, well giving out applications to union members to give to whoever they want to. Have a bunch of family that work there and apparantley applications are being sold/offered for $30,000 and over.

Sure it may be a hard job at first but after 5-8 years you move to a higher board but once then you can choose whatever job you want and trust me for the amount of work they do and how much they get paid is pretty nuts.

And there may be some educated members there but the vast majority are not educated and drugs/alchol problems are very prevalent. I don't have a problem with that just giving some perspective

These guys love their poker games and are loose with their funds. I have taken many a vacation on the aggressiveness of Longshoremen poker players.
I Love Lamp...

#139 SurreyBoy604

SurreyBoy604

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

I have many clients who are, 3 are retiring before the end of 2014. Tough to slide in there. Nice perks.

Are they giving out their applications?? If so I want in to lol

#140 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,284 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

My dad's a foreman at Tsawwassen. He makes around 250k a year. He said it's super hard to get an application right now, his buddy just sold one for 7k. Great money if you can get in. He works 12am-7am, sleeps till 1:30pm then has the whole day to do whatever he wants.

Edited by CIaude Giroux, 31 May 2014 - 08:02 PM.

moYV2s.gif

#141 SurreyBoy604

SurreyBoy604

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

My dad's a foreman at Tsawwassen. He makes around 250k a year. He said it's super hard to get an application right now, his buddy just sold one for 7k. Great money if you can get in. He works 12am-7am, sleeps till 1:30pm then has the whole day to do whatever he wants.

Yah it's super hard to get one lol, does your dad have any more friends selling theirs? I'm interested in wanting one let me know thanks.

#142 Violator

Violator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

I was in HVAC and i also know alot of people in HVAC and alot of those people worked for 3-6 months for free to get experience and that wasnt a co-op program.

#143 Violator

Violator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

they got a raw deal camp is actually half decsent especially when you bring your xbox or ps with you and can workout play hockey or poker.

#144 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

What, people will actually buy a job application? Is that even legal?

Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#145 themcdeal

themcdeal

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:50 AM

What, people will actually buy a job application? Is that even legal?

yeah lol
a couple of my friends parents do this work and they sell these things for several thousand. Its pretty crazy. Im pretty sure they said its not a sure thing either. Its just an application so there's no guarentee either. My friends dad said a person has a 1/5 chance. Dont know how true that is, but if you're not a skilled worker and school isn't for you, I can see why people feel its worth the gamble

#146 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:08 AM

Are they giving out their applications?? If so I want in to lol

That is not something I could inquire about. I believe they give them to friends and family though.
I Love Lamp...

#147 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,108 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

The best idea would be to see where the hands go to unwind after a hard work day. Buy them a bunch of drinks, have a good time, and then mention you need a job.

Easy.

Also, keep options open. As one poster said 1/5 chance that means if you keep trying while doing other stuff you'll get in. Most likely you'll find something else along the way though.

Edited by Dogbyte, 01 June 2014 - 07:22 AM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#148 luongo_4_life

luongo_4_life

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

actually this time around everyone who gets an application will be eventually hired just not right away. they are taking in everyone and then ranking them randomly. high ranking you start right away if you are on the bottom you won't start working until 7-10 years

#149 SurreyBoy604

SurreyBoy604

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

Anyone givin out applications??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.