The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Two teenage boys used texting, online chats to plot brutal assault, murder of Kimberly Proctor

aGENT

Your teacher is clueless. God no wonder we have poorly educated persons graduating in this province.

The relevant date is the age of the accused at the time of the offence. Your Socials teacher is a complete doofus. Tell him/her that from me.

Luck? I would gamble my freedom on avenging my loved one for sure, if there was anything worth going to jail for it be that. What right does anyone have to deny my loved one justice? Kimberly Proctor is dead and gone and these -------- are going to be out of jail by the time they are 30, were is the justice in that?

Man, Isn't it also important to sentance them for Kimberly Procter too. There should be a value for life. You ended somones life early, end it in disgusting way, beat her, rape her, leave stuff in her body, burn the body, and embrass her(it says they left objects in her vagina and ass). This is kind of a rant. And you people agianst an eye for eye, guys these people arent normal. It protects us. Like if we killed Clifford olsen that guard wouldnt have died. And it says a lot when these murders are self motived and un provoked but the victim.

This was so horrifying to read. I almost puked when I first read this. I don't care how old these ------ -- ---- are, they should be sentenced as adults. No if, ands or buts. There was clear intent, they knew full well what they were doing, and there is no remorse. How ------- disgusting. How could they do this to another human being.

[quote name=Not Rupaul :(' date='28 October 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1288299311' post='9111291]

they just walked around town and hopped on a bus with a girl in a large duffle bag? that's crazy.

as everyone else has said, that must have just been the worst thing possible for the parents.

When you take away that discretion (mandatory jail time, minimum sentences, etc.) then you can end up with unjust results as occurred with Robert Latimer.

Robert Latimer, a farmer working a spread in Saskatchewan northwest of Saskatoon, killed his 12-year-old daughter Tracy on October 24, 1993. There has never been any doubt about this.

Latimer told police he did it. He said he loved his daughter and could not bear to watch her suffer from a severe form of cerebral palsy. So he placed her in the cab of his Chevy pickup, ran a hose from the exhaust to the cab, climbed into the box of the truck, sat on a tire and watched her die.

Tracy was a 40-pound quadriplegic, a 12-year-old who functioned at the level of a three-month-old. She had been repeatedly operated on and at the time of her murder was due for more surgery, this time to remove a thigh bone. She could not walk, talk or feed herself, though she responded to affection and occasionally smiled. Tracy was in constant, excruciating pain yet, for reasons not entirely clear, could not be treated with a painkiller stronger than Tylenol.

Latimer was charged with first degree murder but was ultimately convicted of second degree murder by a jury. The jury recommended he be eligible for parole after a year, even though the minimum sentence for second-degree murder is life imprisonment with no chance of parole for 10 years. (Automatic minimum sentences for first- and second-degree murder have been mandatory since 1976, as a trade-off for the abolition of capital punishment.)

The trial judge attempted to give effect to the jury recommendation by crafting a "constitutional exemption" to the required minimum sentence. He ordered a sentence of less than two years, with one to be spent in the community. This sentence was overturned by the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal and upheld a mandatory sentence of imprisonment of at least 10 years.

On appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada the SCC was clear that its hands were tied and upheld the life sentence, with no parole for 10 years.

There is an old legal saying - "Hard cases make bad law."

That part made me pause, too. Even assuming it was a tiny girl it's a very odd picture to accept.

No way these "kids" get tried as youths, imo. Forgive me if that's worded wrong. 10 years, 6 in prison, is nowhere near enough considering the evidence presented. Thanks for the guilty plea, no leniency though.

Man, Isn't it also important to sentance them for Kimberly Procter too. There should be a value for life. You ended somones life early, end it in disgusting way, beat her, rape her, leave stuff in her body, burn the body, and embrass her(it says they left objects in her vagina and ass). This is kind of a rant. And you people agianst an eye for eye, guys these people arent normal. It protects us. Like if we killed Clifford olsen that guard wouldnt have died. And it says a lot when these murders are self motived and un provoked but the victim.

The boys attacked Proctor, grabbing her around the neck, binding her hands and ankles with duct tape. Her mouth was gagged by a sock and secured with duct tape. The teens removed her clothes.

During the next several hours, both youths repeatedly sexually assaulted Proctor while she was bound and gagged. She was beaten and kicked.

"She was choked and suffocated and eventually died. A knife was used to mutilate her body," said the statement. When Proctor's body was recovered, investigators found a plastic bag covering her head, and noticed her neck was injured from attempted strangulation. There was also evidence she had been penetrated anally and vaginally with foreign objects.

After the youths killed her, they placed her body in a freezer in the garage of the 16-year-old's house.

Archived