Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

:D

Remember, Remember

38 posts in this topic

I love bonfire night, i'm going to one tomorrow :D

I feel like such a kid when I go to them though, mostly because as a kid I was scared and I hated fireworks. Now I love both.

Moz, have you noticed the holiday being celebrated with more fervor since that movie was released?

After the first few times I saw it, I have wanted to celebrate it but no one here cares.

I can't say really because I've never seen the movie and I live in England so we always celebrate it :) Tonight has been like a mild blitz with fireworks going off everywhere. I expect the whole of the weekend will be the same.

I can't say really because I've never seen the movie and I live in England

Why? What's it about? If it's any good I'll watch it.

Why? What's it about? If it's any good I'll watch it.

Essentially, the UK had turned into a Fascist state and V, under the guise of a Guy Fawkes mask, reminds everyone (through his antics) that governments should fear the people, not the other way around.

Also, there is a scene where you can look up Natalie Portman's dress and see her panties.

Moz, have you noticed the holiday being celebrated with more fervor since that movie was released?

After the first few times I saw it, I have wanted to celebrate it but no one here cares.

It's funny because you actually look like that mask : D lol (Just a bit rounder)

I just saw that it's on TV tomorrow, so I'll record it and actually watch it. If it sucks I am going to blame you colon dee, so it better be good.

I just saw that it's on TV tomorrow, so I'll record it and actually watch it. If it sucks I am going to blame you colon dee, so it better be good.

Great man Guy Fawkes was....a true patriot.

I Do remember the the 5th of November,

The Gunpowder Revolution and Plot.

I see this 'Treason', as a patriotic reason,

Why we, by our gov't should never be forgot.

Great movie by the way....still one of my all time favorites. Probably because of my love of vexating verbage of the vilains verbosity and his vanguard visage verily vindictive and vindicating vows and virtues!

Also, here's another fun fact from the movie. The letter V is also the Roman numeral for 5, as in the character's name and his cell number and the day in Novemeber, that we should all remember.

Great man Guy Fawkes was....a true patriot.

For a catholic theocracy?