The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mats Frøshaug Talk

Ilya Mikheyev

Mats' team (Lorenskog) is on a current three game winning streak.

The two-way center currently is 7th on his team in scoring with 13 points in 21 games. A bit of a step down from a PPG game player for 11 games last year in the Norweigan league. However, he does have 4 points in his last 5 games (16 shots on goal in that time frame, also). He is +4.

He is 53 percent on face-offs.

I believe the next step for Froshaug is to come over to the AHL. He's not quite developed enough to play 3rd line in the SEL, but could benefit from getting 10-12 minutes per game at the AHL level. He's a versatile, as he can play LW or center.

Froshaug to replace Bliznak next year on the Moose would be ideal, I think.

• 8 months later...

To be honest not much...

Doubt he'll be offered a contract this year, as I think we are pretty close to the limit and he doesn't look quite good enough to make the Moose (who have a pretty good line-up). Next year will probably be his last chance (unless GMMG decides to bring him around later solely as an AHL player).

Like I said in the OP, he had 13 points in 21 games, he ended up with 29 in 40 (14 points in his last 19 games) and a 4 points in 8 playoff games.

He is currently set to play for Lorenskog (of the Norweigan League) again next year.

If he had continued his pace when I made this thread (4 points in 5 games), I would think there is a little something to be excited about, as he would have finished with 33 points in 40 games and his defensive game is supposed to really sound by Norweigan League standards.

Anyhow, with how deep the Canucks and Moose are and with Mats' age, I wouldn't really expect him to make the Canucks.

To be honest not much...

Doubt he'll be offered a contract this year, as I think we are pretty close to the limit and he doesn't look quite good enough to make the Moose (who have a pretty good line-up). Next year will probably be his last chance (unless GMMG decides to bring him around later solely as an AHL player).

Like I said in the OP, he had 13 points in 21 games, he ended up with 29 in 40 (14 points in his last 19 games) and a 4 points in 8 playoff games.

He is currently set to play for Lorenskog (of the Norweigan League) again next year.

If he had continued his pace when I made this thread (4 points in 5 games), I would think there is a little something to be excited about, as he would have finished with 33 points in 40 games and his defensive game is supposed to really sound by Norweigan League standards.

Anyhow, with how deep the Canucks and Moose are and with Mats' age, I wouldn't really expect him to make the Canucks.

Archived