The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NBA Thread

EvoLu7ioN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Durant is unreal. Really wish these guys never left Seattle. And eff the Lebron and the Heat. I hope it's a friggin repeat final so Durant, Westbrook and co. lay the beatdown on those pieces of garbage.

Aha same man, I've always been a Sonics fan and was heartbroken when they left. Especially when the next season they became amazing...

sigh...david stern :sadno:

Heard this during the Raps - Cavs game

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/26/chris-bosh-says-hes-a-lock-to-make-the-hall-of-fame/

Chris Bosh says he’s a lock to make the Hall of Fame

Miami Heat center Chris Bosh was selected to the All-Star team as a reserve by the coaches, marking the eighth time he’s received the honor in his 10 NBA seasons.

That, along with the championship ring he earned a season ago might mean he’s already assured himself a spot in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Bosh believes so, anyway. And actually, the numbers are on his side.

From Chris Tomasson of FOX Sports Florida:

“Hell, yeah, of course. I’ve been a Hall of Famer like four years ago,” the Miami Heat center told FOX Sports Florida after Friday’s 110-88 win over Detroit. “And I say that very serious, though. I’ve talked about it before with my friends.”

The only eligible player in history with eight or more NBA All-Star selections who is not in the Hall is eight-time pick Larry Foust, a center who averaged 13.7 points and 9.8 rebounds from 1950-62.

“He’s on the right path,” said Heat guard
. “To be in a position where he has a lot of years left, he has a championship under his belt. If we can continue to get more and he can continue to be productive, no question about it.”

It’s rare to hear players still in their prime be so brash about their legacy like this, but Bosh is an intelligent guy who likely knows his place in the game.

It’s also worth noting that most players aren’t asked about their Hall of Fame chances this way, and with good reason. Checking in with the obvious choices — i.e., every active player with more than eight career All-Star appearances — wouldn’t make sense, as all of the names on that list are no-brainer selections.

Where it starts to get interesting is when you take a look at the only other active player with eight All-Star appearances, and that’s Vince Carter. Should he be feeling as confident as Bosh is about his own Hall of Fame chances?

Anyone actually agree with him?

Congrats LA for stringing together a streak that's somewhat respectable.

At this point in the season.. no one's taking the Heat down. Let the Miami Heat dynasty begin. There is going to be ring after ring after ring.

OKC could have challenged this year... until they got rid of Harden.

I think Gay is signed for 3 more years.

The problem is Raptors have too much depth upfront, it was either JV or Davis. Davis has looked really good this season but JV has higher potential IMO. Plus Bargnani is going to be traded soon for possibly a better, more bigger PF and possibly a strong PG off the bench.

Calderon is a good disher but that guy has serious defensive problems that have cost Raptors a lot of games late in the 4th.

Giving up on Ed Davis already? I'm betting this will come back to bite the Raptors in the ass as another lost franchise player is gone..

And I don't believe Chris Bosh is HOF worthy. Vince Carter definitely will be a HOFer but will probably have to wait because VC dominated the league in his prime and he revolutionized the game. What has Bosh done? Oh I dunno... be the third wheel after being donned the franchise player for Toronto

Wow big trade, I don't mind this trade for the Raptors it's nice to see us bring in a star although it was a hefty price. It will be interesting to see if Casey has enough faith in John Lucas III to step in and play some bigger minutes. I wouldn't mind seeing us get a better option as a backup PG though.

Giving up on Ed Davis already? I'm betting this will come back to bite the Raptors in the ass as another lost franchise player is gone..

And I don't believe Chris Bosh is HOF worthy. Vince Carter definitely will be a HOFer but will probably have to wait because VC dominated the league in his prime and he revolutionized the game. What has Bosh done? Oh I dunno... be the third wheel after being donned the franchise player for Toronto

Ed Davis? Franchise player? Lol wut?

He's a nice young player but just no.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday's all star festivities were probably some of the most boring in a looooooooong time. The most entertaining was the 3 point competition? WTF?

Congrats to Ross for spicing up an extremely dry Slam Dunk contest. It only got good when it was between the final 2. Loved the Carter tribute and the last dunk.

Some sick plays yesterday at the A.S.G. and during the weekend! Kobe absolutely swallowing "the best player in the league", LeBron, with not one but TWO blocks!

Other highlights: Chris Paul's dribbling plays (those fake passes where he kicks his leg up and fakes out the defenders, also the baseline play where he drove the ball through Chris "Future Hall-of-Famer" Bosh's legs!) and the same should be said for Kyrie Irving's dribbling clinic on Brandon Knight (that sound you heard was from some broken ankles)

Speaking of those two elite PG's with similar playing styles, who do you think has better handles, is the better clutch shot-maker and highlight-reel man? I mean both are already slicing through defenses by their dribbling like a knife through cake (I thought Rubio was something but WOW those two are just magicians), breaking ankles left right and center and knocking down clutch 3's to end games and undoubtedly both are franchise players for years to come. Who will be the better point guard, CP3 or Kyrie?

Chris Paul is like Datsyuk. He's elite at everything. There might be some better at each individual aspect of basketball, but it's doubtful there will be someone as good at everything. Kyrie has a lot of potential, that being said. I liked Derrick Rose before his injury and Chris Paul. Westbrook has all the tools but I just don't trust him. He does too many selfish and stupid things.

Archived